Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are God and scientists incompatible?

oslove

Science has never implied that god does not exist, this is obviously your opinion. Science only states, that the subject of god(s)

is not explainable through scientific means. Nothing more nothing less.

Dude you should actaully read the thread before you post! It is not about science it is about scientist.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• Mattshark

• oslove

• drakonwick

Dude you should actaully read the thread before you post! It is not about science it is about scientist.

Any thoughts?

Scientist's implies science. A scientists opinions on the matter does not waiver the existence of a god either way.

By the way, do not assume that I have not read the thread.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Scientist implies science, unless of course science cannot understand nature. It is irresponsible to suggest science can relate to the paranormal, unless, it actually has provided proof it knows everything about nature.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

Scientist implies science, unless of course science cannot understand nature. It is irresponsible to suggest science can relate to the paranormal, unless, it actually has provided proof it knows everything about nature.

Any thoughts?

You need to explain what you mean by nature!

na·ture

Pronunciation:\ˈnā-chər\

Function:noun

Etymology:Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin natura, from natus, past participle of nasci to be born — more at nation

Date:14th century

1 a: the inherent character or basic constitution of a person or thing : essence b: disposition, temperament

2 a: a creative and controlling force in the universe b: an inner force or the sum of such forces in an individual

3: a kind or class usually distinguished by fundamental or essential characteristics <documents of a confidential nature> <acts of a ceremonial nature>

4: the physical constitution or drives of an organism ; especially : an excretory organ or function —used in phrases like the call of nature

5: a spontaneous attitude (as of generosity)

6: the external world in its entirety

7 a: humankind's original or natural condition b: a simplified mode of life resembling this condition

8: the genetically controlled qualities of an organism

9: natural scenery

nature. (2009). In Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.

Retrieved August 4, 2009, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nature

Ok here is a definition (borring)

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

nature. (2009). In Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.

Retrieved August 4, 2009, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nature

Any thoughts?

Simply put, science only strives to understand the forces of nature that are attainable through scientific means. This still does not place a god in the scenario.

Simply put, science only strives to understand the forces of nature that are attainable through scientific means. This still does not place a god in the scenario.

This meaning God is supernatural. I get that part, which still gives you no point in relation to claiming that God is non-existant.....

Any thoughts?

This meaning God is supernatural. I get that part, which still gives you no point in relation to claiming that God is non-existant.....

Any thoughts?

True scientists do not claim no existance of a god Triad. They only say it is not compatible with current understandings.

I myself, do not deny the existance of a god. I am an agnostic.

True scientists do not claim no existance of a god Triad. They only say it is not compatible with current understandings.

I myself, do not deny the existance of a god. I am an agnostic.

So I am supose to pretend that is a valid argument???

Any thoughts?

So I am supose to pretend that is a valid argument???

Any thoughts?

Yes it's a valid arguement! Whether scientists believe in god or not, does not change the fact that science does not involve itself in the supernatural.

Scientists can, and will be compatible with god. But, not science.

The only potential problem that scientist have with God??? Is related to the individual behavior of scientist who claim that science has anything to do with disproving God (as that is silly). Again, given the overwhelming evidence that science has nothing to do with any response.

Any thoughts?

The only potential problem that scientist have with God??? Is related to the individual behavior of scientist who claim that science has anything to do with disproving God (as that is silly). Again, given the overwhelming evidence that science has nothing to do with any response.

Any thoughts?

The problem is people in general claiming to know what god is. In our reality how do you even begin to try and understand that?

The problem is people in general claiming to know what god is. In our reality how do you even begin to try and understand that?

Sure have you??

Any thoughts?

Sure have you??

Any thoughts?

No, I have not. Why?

No, I have not. Why?

Dude have no idea who typed the words, "sure have you" making a complaint.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

Dude have no idea who typed the words, "sure have you" making a complaint.

Any thoughts?

Seriously? The point is, GOD and SCIENTISTS are compatible. Just not GOD and SCIENCE. Do you have a personal arguement againt that?

Seriously? The point is, GOD and SCIENTISTS are compatible. Just not GOD and SCIENCE. Do you have a personal arguement againt that?

Actually it is "are God and scientist incompatible"? No need to read between the lines.

Any thoughts?

Actually it is "are God and scientist incompatible"? No need to read between the lines.

Any thoughts?

Well lets rally a hundred-thousand scientists together, and ask them personally! Do you think there will be a definitive answer?

Well lets rally a hundred-thousand scientists together, and ask them personally! Do you think there will be a definitive answer?

CNN, FOX, and MSNBC do that kind of stuff all the time, what is your excuse??

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

CNN, FOX, and MSNBC do that kind of stuff all the time, what is your excuse??

Any thoughts?

You are seriously including the news networks? Fallable.

You are seriously including the news networks? Fallable.

Sure in relation to your question...

I mean it was your question did you remember it??? for the record if they could not be objective (the scientist) that only proves that science capable of being non-secular.

Any thoughts?

PS: Moro this is starting to get boring unless you have something intellectual to say.. If you had something to say beyond all this :sleepy: all the other posts would not have happened.

PSS: You have no point get over it.

Edited by Triad

Sure in relation to your question...

I mean it was your question did you remember it??? for the record if they could not be objective (the scientist) that only proves that science capable of being non-secular.

Any thoughts?

PS: Moro this is starting to get boring unless you have something intellectual to say...

What does non-secular scientists thoughts/opinions have to do with the role of science?

I am sorry you do not like my posts! I only reply on what I know.

What does non-secular scientists thoughts/opinions have to do with the role of science?

I am sorry you do not like my posts! I only reply on what I know.

With no evidence avalable in science to argue otherswise?? God could exist.

Is that so hard to understand??

Any thoughts?

With no evidence avalable in science to argue otherswise?? God could exist.

Is that so hard to understand??

Any thoughts?

God could exist, WOW.. is that your point?

God could exist, WOW.. is that your point?

Sure I felt that was obvious. :sleepy:

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad