Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery object crashes in Ottawa river

UM-Bot

ufo2.jpg
Image credit: iStockPhoto
A mystery object was seen by dozens of witnesses in Canada's capital city this week, the object smashed in to the Ottawa River with a 'thunderous boom' and officials have so far been unable to identify what it is.

"Dozens of residents of Canada’s capital city, Ottawa Ontario and nearby Gatineau, Que., witnessed an object streak across the night sky at about 10pm local time Monday night and crash into the Ottawa River with a “thunderous boom.”"

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: The Inquisitr

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• primordial

• UM-Bot

• Qoais

• Sag!ttarius

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post, it's interesting, wonder what it is.

I second........no description have been given...And the cops have no clue?

Thanks

B???

It Is interesting as most people don't know that Ottawa is Canada's capital :P

The object had lights on it similar to a small plane, but no planes were reported missing. I'm wondering if it might not have a been a plane 'up to no good' (ie, illegal activities)?

The object had lights on it similar to a small plane, but no planes were reported missing. I'm wondering if it might not have a been a plane 'up to no good' (ie, illegal activities)?

As the article says, no fuel or oil has been found on the surface. Any aircraft crashing into water would lose its internal lubricants and fuels, which would naturally settle on top of the water. My guess would be a small meteorite. It would be lit up as the rock would reach a terrific temperature from the friction of our atmosphere, it would appear much bigger at night from the resulting glow and it would hit the water with massive force. However, this is just a guess! It is very interesting!

I think it must have been the Federal budget.

I'm strongly reminded of the Sag Harbour incident.

Has anyone checked for sightings of lights moving under the water either up- or down-stream from the crash site?

From the reports I hear (and I wont name the source) it hit birds and lost it's engines. The alien pilot set it down on the river in an amazing act of flying skills and it floated for a long time.

I hear there is footage of aliens standing on its outer surface that were awaiting rescue. The alien pilot is scheduled to meet president Obama and have beers in the rose garden.

Thats just what I heard......................

They should hurry up and excavate!

It crashed Monday night and the search was called off by Tuesday night because there's no reports of any missing aircraft. It's Saturday now and there's been no news since. I don't think we're going to hear much, if anything, of this event anymore. Lovely to be left hanging like that...they find something (maybe) and dunno what it is, so they call off the search. Might be an actual UFO, but meh, just call the whole thing off.

This doesn't seem to be normal behaviour, in my opinion.

great post, hope we find out soon

Area is high current and very murky, so unless there was fuel on the surface, a missing aircraft report or any other signs of a crash or missing people, I highly doubt the police will do anything further on this case. Sad, might be a nice intact meteor under water...

Geeze - couldn't they at least have used a more modern picture of a UFO? That one is so old fashioned.

Edited by Qoais

there were pictures of this object falling from the sky at North Battleford(click) .There seems to be more meteors lately..

Might be a very valuable intact Meteor under Water, also did any eye witnesses make mention of the Objects angle of trajectory, Not familiar with the River, is the River of Mud sediment at bottom or is it of channeled stone, I am thinking the Later of those two, if the Currents are to violent for Hookah Salvage Divers, Or Scuba Salvage Divers, a lot of swift moving rivers that are channeled Rock, have bottom structure that have abrupt dips, and if a diver or swimmer was caught in the Hydrodynamic flow along the bottom they could be held down by extreme current forces, it has happened to swimmers in the Spokane River, Coming from Coeur d’ ALene Lake, in Northern Idaho which runs Westerly through Spokane city an Spokane falls in Washington State.

Same with the Columbia River bordering Washington State and Oregon, the Same River it is suspected as Theory that SKyjacker D. B. Cooper is said to have crossed or perished in while trying to cross, and there was Decayed Cash recovered. And the Same Reasons for Drowning of Many While Water River Rafters in Class three to Class Six Rapids (Class Six being a suicide Run anyways there are very few that survives a Class Six regardless of you Skills and Capabilities which will done over due to stupidity for even attempting it. Here in Our Sate that don’t even allow you to River Run a Class Five unless you have a Documented Qualification of Experience for Class Fours, very Experienced People Die in Class Five Runs. ).

Back to the River in Question, it would be way too risky to diver that River, and again I know nothing of that River in Questions Weight, Depth or Bottom Topography, Only if the Rivers Hydrodynamic flow was A Smaller Volume and Damned Above the Said Crash Area could the Flow Maybe be temporally halted to a trickle and the Bottom forded and searched, but the Powers of Be are not even going to do that for a Reported Small Downed Air Craft, let alone a Space Rock. The Object is Unknown, Gone, Lost and stay as so.

Edited by Enigmatic Ghost

there were pictures of this object falling from the sky at North Battleford.There seems to be more meteors lately..

Edited by primordial

I was in Ottawa Monday night and outside at 10pm. I wasn't looking towards the river so never seen anything. The night sky was clear and no wind. I did read the posts on CBC several claimed to have seen "it" and they said it looked like a meteor.

there were pictures of this object falling from the sky at North Battleford(click) .There seems to be more meteors lately..

The report says the currents are too strong to send divers down to investigate it as they would get swept away ? ...sheesh, why not tie a rope onto a diver ?? or is that too hard to do ..seems to me they dont want to divulge anymore about the matter

however I dont understand why because it seems that its most likely just a meteor

I live in Gatineau, heard all about here the next morning. I can't say I was surprised because of the following things I witnessed in the sky that night. I did not see the crash however.

We were hiking real late, with flashlights. The place we did so was in Gatineau Park, and the hike is King Mountain, or "Mont King" in french. When we arrived at the top, approx. 10:30 pm we were dazzled by what we thought to be satellites in the sky, more than we'd ever seen before. I would guesstimate we saw, perhaps 8 - 12 satellites within 30 mins.

Never seen that many 'round here before.

Edit: If you know the Ottawa river, then you know the current is very, very strong. It was close to the Deschenes Rapids, and there's no way a diver could poke about anywhere around there, the current is much, much too strong, even with a rope you'd literally kill the diver.

Edited by mindpurge

why not tie a rope onto a diver ?? or is that too hard to do ..seems to me they dont want to divulge anymore about the matter

however I dont understand why because it seems that its most likely just a meteor

That's exactly what i was thinking... a rop would make sure they didnt get swept away... but i reckon we'll never know what it was now... doubt they'll look into it any futher

Geeze - couldn't they at least have used a more modern picture of a UFO? That one is so old fashioned.

I would say a small meteorite or something to that effect. Space debris. Not that i don't believe in UFO's but it seems like everyone is being a little non chalant for it to have been a very spectacular sighting.

It Is interesting as most people don't know that Ottawa is Canada's capital :P

What?! You mean Canada's capital isn't Canada City, Canada ? Why are us Americans being taught that? God I don't want to even ask about England City, Iraq City, France City or hell even Mexico City now!