Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Mystery 'monolith' spotted on Mars

82 posts in this topic

UM-Bot
monument.jpg
Image credit: NASA
Buzz Aldrin recently hinted at the presence of a 'monolith' on Phobos during an interview, now an image taken from NASA's Reconnaissance Orbiter has been revealed to show an unusual square-shaped stone structure on the surface of Mars.

"An image of what appears to be a mysterious rocky monument on Mars has excited space junkies around the world. The 'monolith', was snapped from 165miles away using a special high resolution camera on board the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Daily Mail

dazdillinjah

Wow ..this one looks more impressive than the one on Phobos

cant wait until the experts provide us some info about the dimensions of this rock

TooFarGone

I guess it's time to fast track that trip to Jupiter....

Mac E
It is the Marker! The first, physical evidence for the existence of God! Today we mark the beginning of a new religion, Unitology!

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Unitology

Funny! ...... I hope it isn't a marker.... :unsure2:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:
It is the Marker! The first, physical evidence for the existence of God! Today we mark the beginning of a new religion, Unitology!

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Unitology

:D Unitology. Sounds like Scientology is getting competition! I mean, they're both fictional religions hehehe.

Morak_Kilkaine

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture from far away was the Tardis.

Iblis

For me this doesn't look like a natural rock formation. Could this be something man-made that has crashed there?

TooFarGone
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture from far away was the Tardis.

*Grabs psychic paper and sonic screwdriver*

It appears I've been found out :lol:

Ashyne

both objects r very tall. i need to know the scale of that photo so we can find out how tall those things r.

VALARLIGHT

It's just a boulder/large rock.

The Silver Thong
:D Unitology. Sounds like Scientology is getting competition! I mean, they're both fictional religions hehehe.

Can you tell me a religion that isn't fictional :P

By the looks of this thing it's huge. I would love to hear some guesses as to it's size.

Mac E
It's just a boulder/large rock.

I agree, it looks like a big rock, which probably was a projectile from a meteor impact.

fandango

Is it me or does it look like it has been lifted up from its resting place and turned sideways??????

article-1204254-05F2E104000005DC-903_634x264_popup.jpg

AROCES

The shadow, the sides too straight for a boulder.

Hmmm..... :unsure2:

iluthradanar

Just get a probe up there to check out, at close range, all the anomalies on Mars. Then the rumours can be put to rest, or something fantastic verified.

Aries1982

Looks really cool.

Ashyne

that is very rectangular

Ketsueki Ame

i would've liked to play the skeptic this time and say its just a ROCK FORMATION....but it IS really defined with its straight edges, a ratio of how big it is would be appreciated, in reality if WE could control where the probes up there go to, we could easily fin out what it exactly is...sigh*

Wickian
Is it me or does it look like it has been lifted up from its resting place and turned sideways??????

article-1204254-05F2E104000005DC-903_634x264_popup.jpg

It looks more like a triangular rock that a square pillar. The reflection could just be angled to cause the illusion of a flat square top. Either way, I don't think a triangular object with edges that sharp and aligned would be natural.

edit: typo

Edited by Wickian

fandango

If you look where it stands now, there appears to be a coffin shaped black border on the ground as though that was where it was originally lying down.

Thats what i meant to say in my previous quoted post but couldn't think of the right wordage at the time.

oldie

One on Phobos and one on Mars. How many of these are we going to have to discover before it ceases to be a coincidence?

Cadaver

I doubt it's a natural rock formation.. hmm :mellow:

Feanor

Anyone has the direct link for the original image/site?

danielost
One on Phobos and one on Mars. How many of these are we going to have to discover before it ceases to be a coincidence?

didn't the russians just decide to send a probe to phobos.