Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Caught On Film Over Mexico

elvismay

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - The Mexican Air Force has released footage of what a UFO expert said were 11 invisible unidentified flying objects picked up by an infrared camera as they whizzed around a surveillance plane.

A long-time believer in flying saucers, journalist Jaime Maussan told a news conference on Tuesday the objects were real and seemed "intelligent" after they at one point changed direction and surrounded the plane chasing them.

"They were invisible to the eye but they were there, there is no doubt about it. They had mass, they had energy and they were moving about," he said, after showing a 15-minute video he said the Defense Ministry gave him permission to publicize.

The ministry confirmed to Reuters it had provided the video, filmed by the Air Force on March 5 over the eastern coastal state of Campeche.

"We are not alone! This is so weird," one of the pilots can be heard yelling, after the plane's crew switched on an infrared camera to track the objects, first picked up by radar.

The film, recorded by a plane looking for drugs trafficking near the Gulf of Mexico, shows 11 objects as blobs of light that hover in formation or dart about, sometimes disappearing into cloud.

Mexico's most popular nightly news broadcast showed the video on Monday night.

Interviewed by Mausson on another section of the video, the pilots said they grew nervous when the objects, still invisible, turned back during a chase and surrounded the plane.

"There was a moment when ... the screens showed they were behind us, to the left and in front of us. It was at that point that I felt a bit tense," said Maj. Magdaleno Castanon.

Mexico has a long history of fanciful UFO sightings, most of which are dismissed by scientists as space debris, missiles, weather balloons, natural weather phenomena or hoaxes.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elvismay

• BurnSide

• saucy

• DC09

I see no reference to it on New york Times, Washington post or CNN website. Some local news channels in hawaii where I live reported it however.

It is on the CNN website, and i watched parts of the video being played on CNN itself. I also saw it on a few of our Canadian News channels and Leno, etc. I think this event is being publisied more than any other sighting to be honest.

UFOs Gone Wild, Men From Mars Visit Mexico

The Mexican Air Force released a recent video of unidentified flying objects. A Mexican Air Force surveillance aircraft searching for drug runners spotted the UFOs, which were invisible to the naked eye. The UFOs were only visible on a special infrared camera.

Journalist and long time UFO supporter Jamie Maussan announced that the objects were real and "intelligent." The UFOs reportedly changed direction and surrounded the plane chasing them.

The Mexican Defense ministry confirmed to Reuters it had provided the video to Maussan. The video was taken by the Air Force on March 5 over the eastern coastal state of Campeche.

"They were invisible to the eye but they were there, there is no doubt about it. They had mass, they had energy and they were moving about," stated Maussan.

Buck Rogers

While X-files and UFO extra-terrestrial believers say the video is clear proof of some form of spacecraft visiting Earth, the sighting can be attributed to the Bush defense budget and not little green men. The unidentified aircraft that shadowed the Mexican surveillance plane are reportedly part of a squadron of new stealth strike craft operating from the U.S.

The aircraft are equipped with special infrared light panels that are only visible to special cameras or night vision gear. The panels are used in formation flying outside of hostile airspace to prevent the aircraft from colliding with each other or with support aircraft such as refueling planes. The panels are especially handy during aerial refueling with U.S.A.F. tankers, allowing the tanker operators to visually monitor the stealth planes in total darkness.

The UFOs were spotted on radar as they approached and tailed the Mexican Air Force surveillance plane. However, F-117A Stealth fighters normally operate inside the U.S. with special radar reflective panels attached to their planes in order to be tracked in commercial airspace and not attract attention.

The new stealth aircraft, working inside non-hostile airspace, would most likely be similarly equipped with radar reflective devices. The new stealth aircraft is said to embody the latest technology, including special light panels designed to hide the plane in broad daylight. The Mexican sighting confirms that the U.S. Air Force possess more than one of the new jets.

Full Article

I wouldnt be surprised if there saying this because there scared...they probally know something they dont want us knowing...damn cover ups!

I highly doubt this is the start of somekind of alien invasion.

SIGNS style!!

yjey look like a lot to those FOO FIGHTERS of the 2nd WW.

I wouldnt be surprised if there saying this because there scared...they probally know something they dont want us knowing...damn cover ups!

damned if they do, damned if they don't

I can't wait to see what skeptics have to say about this.

some people choose to not believe and always will,even if there's proof and concrete evidence.

If an alien lit up a smoke and blew it right in their faces, some people will still not believe. Some people just don't have the ability to accept anything beyond their everyday average-joe lives.

Something is there. The question is, what.

some people choose to not believe and always will,even if there's proof and concrete evidence.

Sorry, but there isn't anything there that could be called 'concrete' evidence, much less proof of alien visitation.

Some people desperately seek to justify their 'beliefs' based on inconclusive and speculative information, always rushing to conclusions even before a thorough investigation can be conducted.

If an alien lit up a smoke and blew it right in their faces, some people will still not believe. Some people just don't have the ability to accept anything beyond their everyday average-joe lives.

this is an unidentified flying object, as for its origin? it could just as easily be of earthly origin, there is nothing to suggest otherwise. To simply conclude because they can't identify it, its alien is moronic.

The footage I saw on television looked remarkably like Hot air balloons . And of course we can't dismiss the fact it may well be a flock of birds reflecting light . Birds are often mistaken as Alien space craft .

this is an unidentified flying object, as for its origin? it could just as easily be of earthly origin, there is nothing to suggest otherwise. To simply conclude because they can't identify it, its alien is moronic.

i didn't say that. i said if people saw an alien right infront of their faces, some people would still not believe it was an alien.

i personally have never seen any concrete proof and therefore i don't believe that aliens have visited our planet, nor do i believe those lights were aliens. i'm one of those 'everything has a rational answer' people.

however, if i was given undeniable proof, i would believe.

you know whats kinda weird though?

at 12:30am i was walking home from work with my girlfriend, and at one point i was looking at the sky, thinking of this topic.

SUDDENLY OUT OF NOWHERE this ball of light shot across the sky!! it was cool because i'd never seen anything like that before. obviously a shooting star of some sort, and a very clear one, but i couldn't help but think of this forum and giggle nervously at the coincidence.

alien.gif

But do birds move that fast?

The footage I saw Boff showed only the objects viewed in the sky, with nothing solid or still enough near them to be able to judge accurate speed by .

Either way - Military aircraft need to travel rather fast to stay in the air - I very much doubt that the things on camera were birds.

Anyway changing the subject - I'm a firm believer that there is other life out there and to think that we are the only planet with intelligent life on it, is absurd. But then again would you consider the life on planet earth intelligent ?............. If there is life out there that has evolved and have the ability to travel to other home worlds then why would they visit earth ? - with all of the recent wars and terrorism going on, I wouldn't want to come here. Maybe we should learn to live with one another and maybe these illusive visitors may just show their faces.

It was the #2 story on "Countdown" on MSNBC last night.

I think the media is taking this seriously.user posted image

But do birds move that fast?

The footage I saw Boff showed only the objects viewed in the sky, with nothing solid or still enough near them to be able to judge accurate speed by .

I'm no Ornithologist, but do birds fly at over 11,000 feet?

For those looking for video in the 'Windows Media Player' (MPG format), this WEBSITE offers it. Click on the video box, and it brings up another window that lets you choose between real player and windows media in either 56k dial up or broadband connection.

Magikman

Thanks MM that was much better!

Sorry, but there isn't anything there that could be called 'concrete' evidence, much less proof of alien visitation.

I'm just saying that if there WERE concrete evidence.......say,for example,aliens actually invaded Earth or announced themselves,some people would still refuse to believe it or accept it.

Tess, that's exactly what my point was too. good call.

These are strictly as the term implies, unidentified flying objects.

As for the video, it was captured a FLIR Systems Inc. Star SAFFIRE II gyrostabilized forward looking infrared system. It would have been equipped with 3 cameras; a wide angle, spotting scope and the infrared camera operating the the 3 to 5 micron range.

More info on the unit here:

http://www.flir.com/imaging/Airborne/Produ...arSafireII.aspx

I've yet to hear of any credible explanation as to what these objects were.

1.) The balls of "light" you see are temperature differences detected by the FLIR system. They are extremely "bright" (not the correct term, but used to denote an extreme temperate difference between the source and surrounding background). A bird at the apparent distance cannot generate a heat signature of this visual magnitude, nor can a weather baloon.

2.) There was detection (and would also assume tracking) by the onboard Telephonics APS-143B(V)3 search radar. An x-band radar that transmits in the 9.25GHz range will provide point target detection of solid surfaces such as metal that reflect the x-band radiation back to the aircraft for mapping and tracking by the radar. The radar you saw in the video is not an ATC radar, it's actually the inside of this aircraft.

3.) If tracked by the radar, speed would have also been determined by the crew. Therefore, there is probably accurate track data recorded of the individual targets. Obviously, not made available to the public.

4.) Target speed verification can also be acquired by observing the graphics along the bottom of the video display. The little arrow on the bottom denotes the azimuth of the gimbal. Throughout this video, the azimuth remains around -135 degrees, which is aft of the left wing. It would therefore appear that the objects were moving at close to the same speed as the aircraft (at least during this video anyway).

Interesting, very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...