Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Grow veg on dead' plan touted

Still Waters

A green campaigner wants grieving relatives to grow vegetables above the buried remains of their loved ones.

Farmer Richard Sibley, 63, from Cleeve in North Somerset, plans to offer people the chance to be buried in shrouds or wicker coffins on his land.

It would then be used for cultivation, and the relatives could pay to use the land to grow their own crops.

The scheme would have to be approved by planning authorities, but Mr Sibley is already in talks with a burial firm.

If it all comes to fruition, up to 500 people could be buried on the seven-acre farm.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chemical-licker

• Admiral Danger

• dazdillinjah

• Purplos

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah... like the dead are gonna eat it, or the people who are paying their respects will eat over the grave...

plant some flowers instead :tu:

After the 2 dogs (westies) died I put a bush on top of it and now from the window you can actually see a shape of a dog.

So If i grow say potato's on top of dead people's graves wil the potato shape to a human being?

That's kinda cannibalistic in a vegetarian kinda way.

I like it. :)

After the 2 dogs (westies) died I put a bush on top of it and now from the window you can actually see a shape of a dog.

So If i grow say potato's on top of dead people's graves wil the potato shape to a human being?

you can then make stick-men chips out of them :yes:

LOL it reminds me of the movie 'Last Supper' by Spike Lee (maybe he got the idea after watching the movie ?)