Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreaming my teeth are falling out

Sho_Sho

I have been having recurring dreams of my front teeth falling out. Each dream is different, but they all result in my teeth being really loose and me going to look at it, and they fall out, or I easily pull them out, and try in vain to put them back in, last night I had a dream that they were lose, so I felt it, and they came out, I was trying hard to keep them in, and when they feel out my front two teeth were jagged and only halfway there.

What do you think it means? :o

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosewin

• She-ra

• cav3man.

• Bozena

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been having recurring dreams of my front teeth falling out. Each dream is different, but they all result in my teeth being really loose and me going to look at it, and they fall out, or I easily pull them out, and try in vain to put them back in, last night I had a dream that they were lose, so I felt it, and they came out, I was trying hard to keep them in, and when they feel out my front two teeth were jagged and only halfway there.

What do you think it means? :o

Oh sweetie it's quite common to dream that... Here is a site I like for dreams:

"My Teeth Are Falling"

Dreams that your teeth are falling out are the most common dreams we here at Dream Moods receive. Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumble in your hands, fall out one by one with just a light tap, grow crooked or rot. Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. So what does it mean?

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.�

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.

Traditionally, it was thought that dreaming that you did not have teeth, represent malnutrition which may be applicable to some dreamers.

Other Perspectives

A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicate that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.

In the Greek culture, when you dream about loose, rotten, or missing teeth, it indicates that a family member or close friend is very sick or even near death.

According to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies.

Here is the site link and source: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Enjoy :tu:

In my culture, South Texas, it means a death of someone close like a relative. Usually though such a thing is attributed to one dream, not a series of them, I know they believe the same across the borderlands as well into Mexico. Outside of this area such dreams, especially reoccurring, will have a different significance if any. Most importantly would be what you believe they mean to you personally?

Edited by Rosewin

In my culture, South Texas, it means a death of someone close like a relative. Usually though such a thing is attributed to one dream, not a series of them, I know they believe the same across the borderlands as well into Mexico. Outside of this area such dreams, especially reoccurring, will have a different significance if any. Most importantly would be what you believe they mean to you personally?

In my countriy means the same and therefore people dreaming about falling their teeth's are always afraid, there will happen something bad.

hmm, interesting. I have had a dream like that before too, but that was probably from the fear of dentists :P No one died, it was quite a long time ago.

who knows ? I guess it could mean lots of things. Losing part of your self is what first came to my mind.

Actually, I dream about my teeth falling out, not regularly, but often enough that it has become a trigger for me to tell me that I am dreaming. When I notice my teeth falling out, I can actually realize that I am dreaming.

LOL I haven't dreamt about loosing teeth in ages and I don't miss it one bit either. It's really disturbing and uncomfortable, like being naked among people. I hate those dreams too. Although it was a long time ago, I remember the taste of blood in my mouth and it was so realistic! You're certainly glad when you wake from those dreams and find out your teeth is still in your mouth. Has anybody had the dreams about chewing gum getting stuck in your teeth and how much you pick and pull out, there is always more. Plenty more. It's like a cornucopia of never ending chewing gum.

Has anybody had the dreams about chewing gum getting stuck in your teeth and how much you pick and pull out, there is always more. Plenty more. It's like a cornucopia of never ending chewing gum.
Yes, very similar. With me it's not gum but I don't know...some gunk...stuck in my teeth, mouth and sometimes the throat. I keep on getting it out, it relieves the feeling of having a full mouth somewhat, but then as I try to get what I think is a little bit left I keep on getting out more and more it gets frustrating :lol:

I'd like to know what all that may possibly mean just for amusement though ;)

I've had the teeth thingy, teeth crumbling in my mouth and similar to the above, keep on pulling bits and pieces (shards) of teeth out etc. There's never anyone around in my dreams when I do this. And the "dream analysis" posted about it does not really relate to any meanings (in my life) that it could have ie. I couldn't care less about my appearance (I am not vain), no deaths/illnesses around those times, no fear of being embarrased, power - nope, inferiority - nope...etc.

I don't place much faith at all in the dream analysis stuff...it's like astrology imho.

Guardian

I've had dreams about the samething. I realize that it's like my dream is telling me to brush my teeth. While I'm dreaming it sometimes feels real. Then I realize that I'm dreaming.

It's nothing to worry about.