Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

X-Prize 'will be won this year'

Druss

The X-Prize, a $10m race to be the first private company to put a craft into space twice in two weeks, will be won soon, believe its organisers.

X-Prize chairman Peter Diamandis says it will be secured within five months.

A total of 26 teams are competing, with SpaceShipOne, an entry by aerospace pioneer Burt Rutan, considered to be the favourite to win the prize.

Other teams have already started to look at what they might do after the main challenge has been met.

Mr Diamandis was speaking at the recent 41st Space Congress held at Cape Canaveral in Florida, US.

View :Full Article | Source : BBC News

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Druss

• anonymous57

• secondhand

• angel_eyes

I'd spend $9m on a giant tower that reaches up to space, climb up it and throw a couple of paper aeroplanes upwards, climb down, collect the winnings, pay of the loan, take my $1m and go on holiday. To space. And then I'd rent out my giant tower to tourists, charging £1 a go. I could double my money in half a day. These rocket scientist types are barking up the wrong tree, I tell you. And to think the guys at Nasa took out that injunction against me. They'll be sorry when they send up their fancy space shuttles and I'm up my tower with the tourists in a space-suit made from £5 notes and a supermodel on each arm, waving at the astronauts who are off on a month-long journey to scrub the rust off some crappy scrapheap orbiting earth that they call a space-station.

Maybe if you just stood on top of your house and threw a paper aeroplane REALLY hard...

Maybe if you just stood on top of your house and threw a paper aeroplane REALLY hard...

Now that's just the most stupid suggestion I've heard. It's well too dangerous to stand on top of your house.

Mr Diamandis was speaking at the recent 41st Space Congress held at Cape Canaveral in Florida, US.

You mean we need a congress for space to? As if one wasn't bad enough...

Seriously though the subject of the article is really nifty.

I'd spend $9m on a giant tower that reaches up to space, climb up it and throw a couple of paper aeroplanes upwards,

I think the craft has to be big enough to hold 4 people and has to carry at least 1....

...maybe if you had loads of paper?