Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you watch the ghost hunters ?

ohio state buckeyes

They seem to be pretty honest to me. The ghost hunting shows are crap though

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Paranormal Skeptic

• Corp

• Pauly Dangerously

• ohio state buckeyes

-Thread cleansed-

HAL9001 - See the PM coming your way. This is far from acceptable behaviour on the boards.

Yeah, I watch Ghosthunters and have since their first season. The main problem with the show is that, for all their equipment, they don't really do any in-depth investigating. I think they should cahnge their MO and spend more time--days and nights, however long it takes--to investigate a location as thoroughly as possible. Otherwise, they'll always be able to fal back on saying, "Of course, we were only here for one night," whenever they don't capture anything on film or tape.

It's not science by any stretch of the imagination, but I think they've recorded and documented some very interesting things.

I trust only the first season...after that they seemed to find almost every place haunted..like the 4th season. However I do not blame Jason or Grant, I blame SciFi, they are the puppet masters after all. and for those that say "they should stick to their principles." When someone is waving money in your face to help put your kids through college, you would do it too. Which is why I only blame the network and not the "operators" themselves. Still a good entertaining show though.

The biggest problem I have is the camera work. There needs to be one camera at all times facing where the ghost hunters are looking. How many times have we experienced the "did you see that shadow?" yet the camera man is trained on the ghost team and not down the hall they are looking. It almost makes we wonder if they are lying.

They have a great reputation though, and have yet to be proven hoaxers. There have been insinuations but no concrete proof, and most shows that run as long as they have would have been proven frauds if they weren't genuine. Most Haunted and that other show with the college kids were both proven fake in the first 3 years of production in contrast to ghost hunters which haven't been.

The biggest problem I have is the camera work. There needs to be one camera at all times facing where the ghost hunters are looking. How many times have we experienced the "did you see that shadow?" yet the camera man is trained on the ghost team and not down the hall they are looking. It almost makes we wonder if they are lying.

I agree. I watch ghost hunters. I am a very dedicated fan. But yes, It's funny how the team 'not the camera crew see things. Or maybe the crew does, but the edit that stuff out. idk. But I do agree that they should spend more time investigating a location. This will give them more evidence. People like evidence. lol :)

I watch Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International. I like what they catch and the different locations. Because there's some places I've never heard of. Plus I like learning different places. I think it's neat.

I watched the entire first season but after that I kinda of stopped watching ghost hunters, but I do watch them once in a while. But honestly when I watch the newer episodes, I do think the first season was the best; the newer ones are kind of, well, fake-ish. Not trying to insult any fans, that's just my opinion. :(

I trust only the first season...after that they seemed to find almost every place haunted..like the 4th season. However I do not blame Jason or Grant, I blame SciFi, they are the puppet masters after all. and for those that say "they should stick to their principles." When someone is waving money in your face to help put your kids through college, you would do it too. Which is why I only blame the network and not the "operators" themselves. Still a good entertaining show though.

I've wondered about that too , it seems like they always find something. Maybe its they only air the ones when they catch something. The live Halloween stuff kinda lame ! Seems kinda faked.

Why do people keep saying seems kind of fakish? Its either fake or not, there is no kind of. That show has been fake since season 2

I still watch it and I guess I could say I'm a dedicated and long time fan although after season 2 the show sort of went downhill. Most times when they find evidence now I really don't know what to think anymore, for me it's more of a source of entertainment than genuine proof of ghosts and so on.

The main problem with the show is that, for all their equipment, they don't really do any in-depth investigating. I think they should cahnge their MO and spend more time--days and nights, however long it takes--to investigate a location as thoroughly as possible. Otherwise, they'll always be able to fal back on saying, "Of course, we were only here for one night," whenever they don't capture anything on film or tape.

This. I totally agree. It would be great to have them stay two or three nights where applicable.

However I do not blame Jason or Grant, I blame SciFi, they are the puppet masters after all. and for those that say "they should stick to their principles." When someone is waving money in your face to help put your kids through college, you would do it too. Which is why I only blame the network and not the "operators" themselves. Still a good entertaining show though.

This. I believe Sci-fi are the ones pushing the show along, for ratings of course. I could watch show upon show even if they never found anything but they kept up with indepth investigations with the occasional find.

They have a great reputation though, and have yet to be proven hoaxers. There have been insinuations but no concrete proof, and most shows that run as long as they have would have been proven frauds if they weren't genuine. Most Haunted and that other show with the college kids were both proven fake in the first 3 years of production in contrast to ghost hunters which haven't been.

This too. I hate when that happens. I wish they would show more footage from the hand helds that Jason and Grant always seem to have.

There biggest problem is they fake evidence.

Not this.

I still watch it and I guess I could say I'm a dedicated and long time fan although after season 2 the show sort of went downhill. Most times when they find evidence now I really don't know what to think anymore, for me it's more of a source of entertainment than genuine proof of ghosts and so on.

Hey Sad :D

Anyways, overall, Im a pretty dedicated long time fan as Sad has said, I could care less if they find things (as I mentioned), however, I believe the increase in more recent seasons for more activity could possibly be chalked up to the Network pushing for evidence and (as I mentioned) thus ratings...

Ghost Hunters needs to be on IFC or something...

But as Sad said, I do watch it mainly for entertainment anymore.

Also, I don't watch GHI. I was referring to the original show.

Why do people keep saying seems kind of fakish? Its either fake or not, there is no kind of. That show has been fake since season 2

Could you provide some examples?

I agree. I watch ghost hunters. I am a very dedicated fan. But yes, It's funny how the team 'not the camera crew see things. Or maybe the crew does, but the edit that stuff out. idk. But I do agree that they should spend more time investigating a location. This will give them more evidence. People like evidence. lol :)

They actually do spend a lot of time investigating, what you see on tv is just the condensed version, I think they spend like anywhere from 5-10 hours on any given investigation, maybe more.

It's a decent show.

Even though some of the evidence is fake...

I still watch it for kicks.

I watch it when I can. Can't say that I find all of the evidence credible though. Especially Grant's jacket tug from last year's Halloween episode. I would have thought though that the GHI team would have had better success at those historically famous haunted overseas locations.

Heck, Jason and Grant has found more haunted locations right in the New England area. ( Again. assuming the evidence is credible)

Whether or not they're faking it now, we probably won't know, but up until they got this show, they obviously had a great reputation. TAPS was created in like 1990, so for 15 years they built themselves up all the way to television series. And like others were saying, Scifi, (now apparently Syfy) may want more than they can give. If they go to ten locations and find nothing for an entire season of taping, what else can they do. Syfy has to make up something to hold interest. Either way, I'll most likely watch the show for as long as it airs because right now, I feel it's the best example of ghost hunting we have on t.v.

• 1 month later...

Whether or not they're faking it now, we probably won't know, but up until they got this show, they obviously had a great reputation. TAPS was created in like 1990, so for 15 years they built themselves up all the way to television series. And like others were saying, Scifi, (now apparently Syfy) may want more than they can give. If they go to ten locations and find nothing for an entire season of taping, what else can they do. Syfy has to make up something to hold interest. Either way, I'll most likely watch the show for as long as it airs because right now, I feel it's the best example of ghost hunting we have on t.v.

Well im a Fan of the Show too. but since season 3 i got that damn feeling that there are faking alot. just watch the last episode when meatloaf was with them on the island that won last years most hunted houses in america. when G&j and meatloaf are on the attic in the boats house and J is asking "do you want us to leave?" and meatloaf is saying something j looks to grant and grant fumbles something back in his pocked after the lights on the k2 are lit up. you have to look close cuy meatloaf moves so that the cam has to follow him to be infront. its das that there stage alot like the collar pull in last years halloween live event.

Edited by enyaa77

Yeah, I still watch it when I can. Why you ask? I'm not really sure. Misplaced sense of loyalty?

I used to be right into all this sorta stuff when I was younger, like a kid, but now that I know a good portion of it is fake, I sorta lose interest. Some just like it for entertainment purposes, but I'd rather watch a good spooky Ghost movie these days.

But some documentaries are still fun.

Edited by Moon Minion

I watch the show when its on, but I do not have SciFi here so my options are limited to youtube or the rare special on normal tv. I actually enjoyed the MTV show FEAR when it first came out, gave a more spooky look at haunted houses. Some moments were really scary indeed. Though it wasn't centered on ghost hunting, it did involve buildings that were indeed reported as haunted. I wish I had the cable package I did in the states, was spoiled. =)

I watch the show when its on, but I do not have SciFi here so my options are limited to youtube or the rare special on normal tv. I actually enjoyed the MTV show FEAR when it first came out, gave a more spooky look at haunted houses. Some moments were really scary indeed. Though it wasn't centered on ghost hunting, it did involve buildings that were indeed reported as haunted. I wish I had the cable package I did in the states, was spoiled. =)

Dude, you're my hero. FEAR was awesome.

Edited by Paul Noise