Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin says death panels will kill her baby

InHuman

Here's a quote going around..

And who will suffer the most when they ration care?" Palin asks. "The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."

Of course its evil, but.. its not real.

As for her point about rationing.. you know that happens already right? Private companies however do it out of their greed for profit, NOT out of nessacity.

Also, all of this fear mongering about "socalist nationalized healthcare" is getting downright stupid. It's NOT socalized healthcare... its an OPTION.

Obama is NOT going to be running ALL THE HOSPTIALS.

If its better in your intrests to stay with private, GO AHEAD. ITS A CHOICE.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Startraveler

• Dr. D

• InHuman

Here's a quote going around..

Of course its evil, but.. its not real.

As for her point about rationing.. you know that happens already right? Private companies however do it out of their greed for profit, NOT out of nessacity.

Also, all of this fear mongering about "socalist nationalized healthcare" is getting downright stupid. It's NOT socalized healthcare... its an OPTION.

Obama is NOT going to be running ALL THE HOSPTIALS.

If its better in your intrests to stay with private, GO AHEAD. ITS A CHOICE.

Damn! Let's hope she's the next Republican candidate. That would keep the blood suckers out for another four years.

Damn! Let's hope she's the next Republican candidate. That would keep the blood suckers out for another four years.

lmao ! what's scary is some republicans want her to run !! kinda like giving a 2 year old a loaded gun.

The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care.

This is disgusting. For someone who once held elected office--who was once trusted by the voters of a state--to use whatever platform she has left (even if it is only facebook) to spread such vile lies is deeply disturbing. And unconscionable.

To anyone who is confused: there are no death panels. No one decides how much health care you get based on productivity (actually, that's a very strange accusation when you think about it, given the source). These are boldfaced lies.

Edited by Startraveler

President Obama admitted he wants the government to decide what health care Americans receive. "There's always going to be an asymmetry of information between patient and provider," he said. "And part of what I think government can do effectively is to be an honest broker in assessing and evaluating treatment options."

Thanks, but no thanks, Mr. President. Our health is not a commodity to be brokered. Even if not all doctors boast perfect bedside manners, Americans still trust their judgment, their medical training and their ability to interact directly with individual patients in clinical settings far more than they trust government statisticians matching approved treatments to reported illnesses based on lifeless charts.

In an interview published by the New York Times on Tuesday, Mr. Obama continued by saying the need for honest brokers "certainly [is] true when it comes to Medicare and Medicaid, where the taxpayers are footing the bill and we have an obligation to get those costs under control." Some would say that is exactly the problem with government-run health care: Considerations of cost come before care, and sometimes rules before reason.

It's a scary picture the president paints. He stated that "the chronically ill and those toward the end of their lives are accounting for potentially 80 percent of the total health care bill out here." For them, he said, "I think that there is going to have to be a conversation that is guided by doctors, scientists, ethicists. And then there is going to have to be a very difficult democratic conversation that takes place. It is very difficult to imagine the country making those decisions just through the normal political channels."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/m...care-rationing/

President Obama admitted he wants the government to decide what health care Americans receive. "There's always going to be an asymmetry of information between patient and provider," he said. "And part of what I think government can do effectively is to be an honest broker in assessing and evaluating treatment options."

This allegation isn't supported by the quote that immediately follows it. Don't people even try to make sense anymore?

Our health is not a commodity to be brokered.

Unless this writer supports dismantling the for-profit health insurance industry, this is an idiotic thing to say.

Since the author later writes "This position clearly leads to health care rationing" and most people have apparently never take an introductory economics class, I want to explain something: everything is rationed in some way. That's what a price is--it rations health care (yes, by treating it as a commodity) by ensuring that those who can't pay the price don't get it.

Some would say that is exactly the problem with government-run health care: Considerations of cost come before care, and sometimes rules before reason.

What is this contrasted with? Certainly not the private insurance industry?

Why oh why are people who don't know what they're talking about allowed to write editorials?

I guess only Democrats are allowed to say" CHILDREN WILL DIE AND THE ELDERLY IF THE GOP APPROVES ONLY 100 BILLION INCREASE INSTEAD OF 200 BILLION " for whatever.

If it is them who says it then it is a fact and not fear mongering. :blink:

And they can hold Public office for it ishows intelligence.

Edited by AROCES

This allegation isn't supported by the quote that immediately follows it. Don't people even try to make sense anymore?

Unless this writer supports dismantling the for-profit health insurance industry, this is an idiotic thing to say.

Since the author later writes "This position clearly leads to health care rationing" and most people have apparently never take an introductory economics class, I want to explain something: everything is rationed in some way. That's what a price is--it rations health care (yes, by treating it as a commodity) by ensuring that those who can't pay the price don't get it.

What is this contrasted with? Certainly not the private insurance industry?

Why oh why are people who don't know what they're talking about allowed to write editorials?

there is a thread on HERE that states that the British government is paying doctors not to hospitalize patients even if they are in dire need or something to that affect.

there is a post in another thread from one of the Canadians cademing people for going to the doctor over a simple cold. problem is most big problems start out as a simple cold. and if you do have aids a simple cold can kill.

so do go saying that there won't be health care rationing. even here the insurance companies do rationing as well. but that is what 300 different people making the choices instead of one, the secretary of health or whatever the title will be.

on top of all of that if you really need medical care right now you can go to any emergency room for help. insurance or not.

Edited by danielost

It's obvious that Palin can't grasp the simplest of concepts. She has not a clue as to how universal health care works. To even consider her a candidate in 2012 is scary and if that happens where the republicans actual lose the last few brain cells they have left and nominate her as there runner I will have lost all faith in the repub's and the U.S. system of government(not that I have much faith in the US gov to begin with) The U.S. will yet again become the laughing stock. Palin needs to just go away cause damn people, she's an embarrassment to the U.S.

I guess only Democrats are allowed to say" CHILDREN WILL DIE AND THE ELDERLY IF THE GOP APPROVES ONLY 100 BILLION INCREASE INSTEAD OF 200 BILLION " for whatever.

Where has an elected Democrat suggested something equivalent to Palin stating unequivocally that the Democrats would haul her baby with Downs in front of a "death panel" and order it killed?

so do go saying that there won't be health care rationing. even here the insurance companies do rationing as well. but that is what 300 different people making the choices instead of one, the secretary of health or whatever the title will be.

I don't know which part of my statement "everything is rationed" makes you think I'm saying there won't be rationing of some sort. You bring up Canada and England but please note this and remember it: under the proposed American system, the vast majority of insurance in the United States will be provided by private insurance companies. Doctors and hospitals will remain in private hands.

It's obvious that Palin can't grasp the simplest of concepts. She has not a clue as to how universal health care works. To even consider her a candidate in 2012 is scary and if that happens where the republicans actual lose the last few brain cells they have left and nominate her as there runner I will have lost all faith in the repub's and the U.S. system of government(not that I have much faith in the US gov to begin with) The U.S. will yet again become the laughing stock. Palin needs to just go away cause damn people, she's an embarrassment to the U.S.

Medicare is bankrupt, Social Security is Bankrupt, California is Bankrupt(a blueprint of Obama Administration), Governemnt education system still a failure inspite of BILLIONS and BILLIONS.

Obama says Universal Health Care will work, and Palin says it wont.

Now tell us who does not have a clue?

Where has an elected Democrat suggested something equivalent to Palin stating unequivocally that the Democrats would haul her baby with Downs in front of a "death panel" and order it killed?

Palin is speaking for her baby. Democrats speaks for all the babies in the country, " children will die!" unless you give us the billions we want..

Go figure.

I asked you a specific question. You were kind enough to quote it while ignoring it so I'll repeat it: Where has an elected Democrat suggested something equivalent to Palin stating unequivocally that the Democrats would haul her baby with Downs in front of a "death panel" and order it killed? Be specific.

P.S. Social Security isn't bankrupt.

Edited by Startraveler

Medicare is bankrupt, Social Security is Bankrupt, California is Bankrupt(a blueprint of Obama Administration), Governemnt education system still a failure inspite of BILLIONS and BILLIONS.

So your saying everything bad in America started the day Obama was elected president and no other factor plays into it? Thats nuts dude.

The U.S. has the worst infant mortality rate of the western world and you think what you have now is working? come on Aroces, you can't be serious.

I asked you a specific question. You were kind enough to quote it while ignoring it so I'll repeat it: Where has an elected Democrat suggested something equivalent to Palin stating unequivocally that the Democrats would haul her baby with Downs in front of a "death panel" and order it killed? Be specific.

You are one of the few that took what she said, literally.

P.S. Social Security isn't bankrupt.

It's on life support, and there is no preventing what is coming.

Did I hear the word "misinformation"? Oh my! Comrade InHuman, have you reported this to flag@whitehouse.gov?

40p42.jpg

Did I hear the word "misinformation"? Oh my! Comrade InHuman, have you reported this to flag@whitehouse.gov?

Huh? .

Huh? .

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."

I don't exactly care for Obama but Palin is such an idiot. Only a idiot would think an idiot like her knows what she is talking about. :rolleyes:

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation."

The only way to fight the lies is to address them. And you can't do that unless you know what people are being told.

Sure . . . . the all went bankrupt in the last 8 months . . . . dream on.

So your saying everything bad in America started the day Obama was elected president and no other factor plays into it? Thats nuts dude.

The U.S. has the worst infant mortality rate of the western world and you think what you have now is working? come on Aroces, you can't be serious.

Hey Dr D

I know I quoted my own post but he refused to answer me as well when I brought up that question, why? LOL

Your useful idiocy is astonishing.

Now, now, let's play nice.

The lies circulating about this bill (for an example, consult the original post in this thread) are destructive and, frankly, people deserve more from public figures. Truth is the antidote.

the us has the worst infant mortality rate of the western world because we count still borns in that number. the rest of the world does not.

Edited by danielost

Hey Dr D

I know I quoted my own post but he refused to answer me as well when I brought up that question, why? LOL

Do you have to ask?