Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man finds his baby son alive after opening

Still Waters

Paraguayans have hailed a "miracle" after a grieving father opened his baby son's coffin and discovered that the infant was still alive hours after doctors pronounced him dead.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Mistydawn

• Still Waters

• susieice

:o Oh wow ... talk about a rollercoaster ride of emotions!! Dumb doctor :angry:

to be fair to the doctor sometimes you can't tell. also if it had been in the usa the baby would have been imbalmed.

It's not odd for a doctor to pronounce a patient dead and then realise they're alive. It's happened a few times over the years but alot of times they were to late to correct their mistake, hence people accidently being burried alive. But this is the first time i've heard of it happening to an infant. But I'm glad everything turned out all right.

:o Oh wow ... talk about a rollercoaster ride of emotions!! Dumb doctor :angry:

Not too long ago a man was arrested in Australia for running down the street naked. The freed him after they discovered that he had awakened in a morgue with the doctors ready to start the embalming process. He jumped up and ran away. I guess that was a surprise for the doctors, too.

Not too long ago a man was arrested in Australia for running down the street naked. The freed him after they discovered that he had awakened in a morgue with the doctors ready to start the embalming process. He jumped up and ran away. I guess that was a surprise for the doctors, too.

Something for him to wao his mates with down the pub on a Friday night! :lol:

Its wonderful that the baby was alive, hopefully the baby stays healthy...but wait, why just after some hours was the baby in a coffin, i don't know...isn't that too soon for a coffin...well, i don't know, but still...i'm glad the baby is good

wow the baby itself barely weighed 1 pound. Dang that's tiny.

That's my worst nightmare. Can you imagine? Glad to hear the baby is alright.

Don't know which would be worse, thinking that you almost could have buried your child alive, or when your grown up, told that you had been in a coffin and where going to be buried alive! :(

That's just disturbing, I know I wouldn't want to wake up in a coffin. :(

It's not odd for a doctor to pronounce a patient dead and then realise they're alive. It's happened a few times over the years but alot of times they were to late to correct their mistake, hence people accidently being burried alive. But this is the first time i've heard of it happening to an infant. But I'm glad everything turned out all right.

In cultures where they don't embalm their dead, they should follow old England's example of tying a string onto the wrist of the 'dead' person. The string leads up through the coffin, through the ground and to a bell. Someone, typically the gravedigger, would sit out in the graveyard all night to listen for a bell. This way, less mistakes happened.

And, to add a few fun facts, that is how the saying "graveyard shift" come into use. Also, this is where the term "saved by the bell" originated as well.

That poor family. To have to go through this twice. They really have my sympathy.

So they were first told their baby was a girl... then it turned out to be a boy after it had died???

If I were the parents, I'd be marching into the hospital demanding dna test to see if it was actually their baby that is now dead... It's just too messed up, with too many errors made.

Sounds like there could be something dodgy going on there at the hospital!

thats so sad to have that happen. The family must feel awful my prayers are with them

That poor family. To have to go through this twice. They really have my sympathy.

Yeah, Im really really feel sorry for them, I think being relieved of being with your son again followed by another death hurts twice as much.............. and it really hurts to have a doctor who can't even recognize a penis from a vagina. Sad...

A grieving father who had opened the coffin of his deceased baby son discovered to his surprise that the infant was breathing several hours after doctors had pronounced him dead. An investigation in to the blunder is ongoing.

Ok this all sounds a little off to me. Ok I can wrap my head around a mistake annoucing the baby dead. its happened b4. What I can't seem to wrap my head around is that The baby was pronounced dead put in a coffin and burried in a matter of hours. 2nd Why in the hell would the father open the casket anyways? I dunno it all sounds a little odd IMO.

Still sad!

A grieving father who had opened the coffin of his deceased baby son discovered to his surprise that the infant was breathing several hours after doctors had pronounced him dead. An investigation in to the blunder is ongoing.

Ok this all sounds a little off to me. Ok I can wrap my head around a mistake annoucing the baby dead. its happened b4. What I can't seem to wrap my head around is that The baby was pronounced dead put in a coffin and burried in a matter of hours. 2nd Why in the hell would the father open the casket anyways? I dunno it all sounds a little odd IMO.

Still sad!

read the article. he opened the coffin because they heard crying coming from it.

What a mess........ Now it seems they really will have to put the baby in a coffin :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Its wonderful that the baby was alive, hopefully the baby stays healthy...but wait, why just after some hours was the baby in a coffin, i don't know...isn't that too soon for a coffin...well, i don't know, but still...i'm glad the baby is good

I live in Ireland but maybe our rules are different here but my gran passed away four weeks ago and on the same day (about five or six hours later, we had her prepped for her wake and everything that same day.

So I don't think it is unusual.

Still sad!

Jay,at wakes people usually open the coffin for people to view the body. How is it unusual for the dad to look in the coffin?

Edited by Rory