Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ultimate Urban Legend: Jobyn

TheUrbanLegend

Right recently a friend of mine told me about an urban legend he had heard about in Great Britain I would like to get your views on "The Jobyn"

story behind it all: http://socyberty.com/folklore/urban-legend...onster-or-myth/

I find this all very weird and interesting but the evidence seems to back up the creature/being/evil entity

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheUrbanLegend

• Meltus

• schizoidwoman

• KRS-One

That entry reads as if it was written by a middle school student.

There are dozens of spelling and grammatical errors, no citations, no names, no possible way to check on any of this.

Furthermore, who uses the term "public house"? Was this written in the 1840's?

Unbelievable. Why even post this?

Edited by KRS-One

That entry reads as if it was written by a middle school student.

There are dozens of spelling and grammatical errors, no citations, no names, no possible way to check on any of this.

Furthermore, who uses the term "public house"? Was this written in the 1840's?

Unbelievable. Why even post this?

dude calm down.. it was just somthing I heard about from a few people so I posted up the first article I found to give everyone an idea how the story goes.. no need to get p***y because it aint winning no spelling B's and I personally don't care who uses the term "Public house" and that is completely irrelevant so what ever bro.

I am in the UK and I would expect that, had 15 girls been murdered in the same manner, at least a few of these murders would have been mentioned in the media which they certainly haven't!

I vote for utter (and not very convincing) fiction on this one - I think the OP's friend was just trying to freak him/her out!

I am in the UK and I would expect that, had 15 girls been murdered in the same manner, at least a few of these murders would have been mentioned in the media which they certainly haven't!

I vote for utter (and not very convincing) fiction on this one - I think the OP's friend was just trying to freak him/her out!

same.

I'm from manchester and i've never heard of anything going by the name of 'Jobyn' (neither has google, come to mention it) and nothing of 15 girls being killed with massive claw marks on their spine. Although, it probably wouldn't seem out of the ordinary here :P

utter rubbish :)

Edited by Meltus

same.

I'm from manchester and i've never heard of anything going by the name of 'Jobyn' (neither has google, come to mention it) and nothing of 15 girls being killed with massive claw marks on their spine. Although, it probably wouldn't seem out of the ordinary here :P

Clawing marks on the back? Doesn't that sound like something that's seen in the series "True Blood"? I seem to remember it is, second season I think. Seems a bit too coincidental in my opinon.

same.

well thankyou guys for putting an end to this myth, Maybe now my friends will stop talking about this crap. Top replys.

In what country/city is this supposed myth to have taken place?

In what country/city is this supposed myth to have taken place?

it apparently took place in great britain.. I'm not sure which town/city

wtf is a public house?

A Public House is what you'd call a tavern or bar. They serve beer,food and other things, and I think the word "Pub" which most English use, is just an abbreviation of the word public.

The taverns up in Milwaukee used to and still have fish frys on Friday,heck every place has a fish fry on that day, due to all the Polish,Germans,Czechs,

and other Catholics in town.

Some of these places have a seperate area for dining,and i recall my dad saying some places had an entrance for ladies and families,seperate from

the main bar area. My relatives would go eat there sometimes, lots of families did, mainly i think daddy said they would go there on Fridays,which gave grandma a break from cooking.

well, sounds like pure crap...but i like the monster or whatever style...COLLEGE GIRLS!!!...they know how to have fun

Clicking on the link below the picture shows it to be "St. Jerome in his study" by Albrecht Durer. (even without the title it's pretty recognisable as Durer's work if you know art.)

From the wikipedia article on St. Jerome:

"He is also often depicted with a lion, due to a medieval story in which he removed a thorn from a lion's paw."

• 2 weeks later...

wtf is a public house?

You must have heard of the word 'Pub' It is short for public house.Apart from the Inns and Coach stops,a couple of hundred years ago in the UK people started opening up their own houses as drinking places mostly in the towns.Some of them making their own beer.The word 'pub' has continued being used over the years even though the modern version was custom built as a drinking hole.In many older pubs here the seperate rooms are still referred to as the 'lounge' or the 'snug' going back to their original use.

As a matter of interest...Over here there are over 52 pubs a WEEK closing down.Cheap supermarket booze and the smoking ban altering drinking habits.Some pubs that have been used for generations are disappearing overnight.

As for the young girls being slaughtered in this fashion I'm sure I would have heard of this in our media over here,and I haven't.

Edited by poohbear

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all those who said that in UK we would have heard of 15 young girls being murdered - too newsworthy!!

I googled jobyn and came up with w bebo profile for someone called lovebites999 - which made me laugh. I signed in to bebo to look at it but it had been taken down - boo <_<

Sorry, "Lock Ness" threw me straight out of the narrative.

Sounds like somene attempting to start a new urban legend, might catch on, anything will be better then flipping Lycans.