Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poll: Obama Seen as Greater Failure than Bush

AROCES

A new CNN poll shows that more Americans consider the first six months of President Barack Obama's administration worse than the same time period of his predecessor, former President George Bush.

When asked whether they thought the first six months of Obama's tenure in office has been a success or a failure, 37 percent responding to the poll released Friday said they believe it was a failure. After Bush's first six months in office, a similar CNN poll from August of 2001 showed only 32 percent considered it to be a failure.

Those who said the first half year of the Bush administration was a success polled at 57 percent in 2001, while Obama polled at 51 percent.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_f.../07/245354.html

Edited by AROCES

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Dr. D

• The Silver Thong

• Caesar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:huh: To be fair, Obama is dealing with a completely different monster than Bush dealt with in his first six months.

:rolleyes:6 months compared to 8 years......this is just getting stupid now Aroces :no:

:rolleyes:6 months compared to 8 years......this is just getting stupid now Aroces :no:

That is CNN poll. I be worried if I am one of them lefty poll lover since CNN is lefty. :yes:

:huh: To be fair, Obama is dealing with a completely different monster than Bush dealt with in his first six months.

Not really that much different. Bush had the DOT.COM burst to deal with.

Ok, again, to be fair to both sides:

1. We are just talking about the first six months, not two entire presidential terms.

and

2. The tasks at hand that Obama is facing right now are a completely different monster than what Bush faced 8 years ago.

So lets all go back to our respective corners, and wait patiently like adults. If Obama screws up, fine, there is another election in 3 and a half years. If he doesn't, good for him. Whether Republican or Democrat, and I don't care which, I would be very happy to see a politician keep his promises as best he or she can.

The poll isn't stupid, the comparison is. Bush turned into a goddamn monster after 9/11 but that was well after his first six months. Everything after that shaped his entire presidency.

That said, 6% isn't that big of a margin of difference. What was the +/- on accuracy on those polls? I noticed NEWSMAX doesn't say and they don't actually link to the poll. So that makes it kind of hard to judge.

Edited by KRS-One

The poll isn't stupid, the comparison is. Bush turned into a goddamn monster after 9/11, it shaped his entire presidency. And 6% isn't that big of a margin of difference. What was the +/- on accuracy on those polls? I noticed NEWSMAX doesn't say and they don't actually link to the poll. So that makes it kind of hard to judge.

Exactly

The poll isn't stupid, the comparison is. Bush turned into a goddamn monster after 9/11 but that was well after his first six months. Everything after that shaped his entire presidency.

That said, 6% isn't that big of a margin of difference. What was the +/- on accuracy on those polls? I noticed NEWSMAX doesn't say and they don't actually link to the poll. So that makes it kind of hard to judge.

It already says CNN poll. Just because you have to check it yourself and not just click for a link does not mean it is suddenly bogus.

Did you even try to check and verify before you made the conclusion of hard to judge? Seem like it is more of hard to type extra keys.

Then why is the present Congress and Administration continuing the so called goddamn monster????

Well?????

Then why is the present Congress and Administration continuing the so called goddamn monster????

Well?????

Have you ever seen a run away train? better yet have you ever tried to stop a run away train? It ain't easy.

Bush had the war on his side in the beginning he was the savior by going after terrorists. Didn't work so well. He left office with a lower approval rating than Nixon.

Obama has adopted this mess Bush created and people like you are whining that in 6 months Obama hasn't been able to put Humpty together again. The poll is skewed as are most but really now, this is silly even for you. (maybe not)

Have you ever seen a run away train? better yet have you ever tried to stop a run away train? It ain't easy.

Bush had the war on his side in the beginning he was the savior by going after terrorists. Didn't work so well. He left office with a lower approval rating than Nixon.

Obama has adopted this mess Bush created and people like you are whining that in 6 months Obama hasn't been able to put Humpty together again. The poll is skewed as are most but really now, this is silly even for you. (maybe not)

Oh no, it's not a run away train. Both congress and Obama can put a stop on it easily if they have the guts to do so and do as you claim is the right thing to do.

Congress had enough majority and Obama as the Commander in Chief can stop all mlilitary action if he wants to.

I mean if it is all so wrong and evil, why continue it for whatever reason?

Edited by AROCES

It already says CNN poll. Just because you have to check it yourself and not just click for a link does not mean it is suddenly bogus.

Did you even try to check and verify before you made the conclusion of hard to judge? Seem like it is more of hard to type extra keys.

There's a newsmax poll that says newsmax readers think the moon is made of cheese. Wisconsin cheddar, to be specific.

What? I already SAID there's a newsmax poll. Did you even think of looking through newsmax before trying to discredit the obvious fact that newsmax readers think the moon is made from Wisconsin cheddar? Or is that too many keys to type for you?

There's a newsmax poll that says newsmax readers think the moon is made of cheese. Wisconsin cheddar, to be specific.

What? I already SAID there's a newsmax poll. Did you even think of looking through newsmax before trying to discredit the obvious fact that newsmax readers think the moon is made from Wisconsin cheddar? Or is that too many keys to type for you?

Did you check if there is such CNN poll?

Why talk about cheese now? :lol:

Oh no, it's not a run away train. Both congress and Obama can put a stop on it easily if they have the guts to do so and do as you claim is the right thing to do.

Congress had enough majority and Obama as the Commander in Chief can stop all mlilitary action if he wants to.

I mean if it is all so wrong and evil, why continue it for whatever reason?

So you want America to cut and run? You don't think America now has a responsibility to these countries you are now fighting in. You do have some very odd ideas floating around your head don't you. To bad you don't understand responsibility or duty. I will say that the American presence in the ME is about greed and Obama should address that but man you can't cut and run.

So you want America to cut and run? You don't think America now has a responsibility to these countries you are now fighting in. You do have some very odd ideas floating around your head don't you. To bad you don't understand responsibility or duty. I will say that the American presence in the ME is about greed and Obama should address that but man you can't cut and run.

But you said the Iraqis hates us?

You said partiot act is evil?

You said we killed millions of Iraqis?

Now you concern about image?????????????? :blink:

I can't find any mention of this poll on CNN's website.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/06/oba...iref=newssearch

Except you might notice something a bit strange. Namely:

Fifty-six percent of those questioned in the poll approve of how Obama is handling his duties as president.

So apparently it was only a 1% difference. Damn. Look at that epic failure Obama! Missing the glorious president Bush by 1 person out of 100's opinion.

But you said the Iraqis hates us?

You said partiot act is evil?

You said we killed millions of Iraqis?

Now you concern about image?????????????? :blink:

Oh brother :rolleyes:

Are you saying the Iraqis love you ?

The patriot act is evil in a way no doubt as it has taken certain liberties and squashed them.

I never said million but hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died and for what? For America to cut and run. You want more terrorist Aroces do you? If America were to cut and run now you would have a wave of terrorist knocking on your door.

Image, thats a joke. Why do I care about your image. You are the one that should care not me but you Aroces. Image isn't everything but really to cut and run would put America in very bad light and to ever have an allie trust you again you better damn well worry about image.

Your nation has opened Pandora's box and now you have to figure out how to close it.

The patriot act is evil in a way no doubt as it has taken certain liberties and squashed them.

I never said million but hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died and for what? For America to cut and run. You want more terrorist Aroces do you? If America were to cut and run now you would have a wave of terrorist knocking on your door.

Image, thats a joke. Why do I care about your image. You are the one that should care not me but you Aroces. Image isn't everything but really to cut and run would put America in very bad light and to ever have an allie trust you again you better damn well worry about image.

Your nation has opened Pandora's box and now you have to figure out how to close it.

Simple, Congress cut funds and Obama withdraw all Military operation. Apologize to the world and the Iraqis that it was a mistake and wish the Iraqis well in rebuilding for they have enough revenue from their Oil to rebuild their country. We already did them a favor by steering their oil to the free market and in the hands of the Iraqi people.

AGAIN, Patriot Act can easily be suspended by the Present congress. They have more than enough vote.

Edited by AROCES

Funny how Obama's decided to keep most, if not all, of Bush's anti-terrorism policies.

Aroces, I am confused, was it not you who said a year ago that poll are unreliable crap and not to be trusted? Or is it only those polls that don't agree with you? Or is it: Who cares about the stuff I said yesterday?

All the neocons are sitting around waiting for Obama to do something wrong.

We spent eight years waiting for Bush to do something right.

All the neocons are sitting around waiting for Obama to do something wrong.

We spent eight years waiting for Bush to do something right.

Now, now...must you be so scathing?