Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poll: Obama Seen as Greater Failure than Bush

AROCES

Here's the problem I have with the Universal Healthcare issue. Obama is making the same mistake Bush did with Iraq. Sure, Iraq was like a leaky roof that needed to be fixed. Sure, healthcare is like a leaky roof that needs to be fixed. But the worst time to fix a leaky roof is when there's a storm outside.

We need to concentrate our efforts on getting folks back to work and the ecomony moving again first. Then, when the storm subsides, I believe folks will be more willing to debate and entertain the idea of Universal Healthcare. Which is why I personally don't wish to debate the healthcare reform issue at this time.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Dr. D

• The Silver Thong

• Caesar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the problem I have with the Universal Healthcare issue. Obama is making the same mistake Bush did with Iraq. Sure, Iraq was like a leaky roof that needed to be fixed. Sure, healthcare is like a leaky roof that needs to be fixed. But the worst time to fix a leaky roof is when there's a storm outside.

We need to concentrate our efforts on getting folks back to work and the ecomony moving again first. Then, when the storm subsides, I believe folks will be more willing to debate and entertain the idea of Universal Healthcare. Which is why I personally don't wish to debate the healthcare reform issue at this time.

To some extent that's true, it would have been much better to have healthcare reform 10 years ago but republicans are against it while being pro war. So at this point, the boil has festered to a point where it threatens our very health and can no longer be ignored.

When did the Iraqis authorize you to speak and complain for them?

On the same day that you were authorized to ignore their innocent dead and pretend that the visit of a head of state constitutes the opinions of all the people of his nation.

If we went back to the gold standard I think you would see inflation. our exports would cost more to other countries making imports much cheaper. imagine of people saved in a recession and China decides to buy gold, there would be very little money in our economy. what happens if very little gold deposites are discovered. I think the supply and deman for gold would have much more control the the Fed would.

Thats why we would have to eliminate taxes for producing companies. So we could compete again. I know one thing, having money valued on imagination is by FAR the worst way to go.

On the same day that you were authorized to ignore their innocent dead and pretend that the visit of a head of state constitutes the opinions of all the people of his nation.

Obviously you have never had them run up to YOU in the street, thanking you for what you and your people have done. Check the soldiers perspective, Please....

Obviously you have never had them run up to YOU in the street, thanking you for what you and your people have done. Check the soldiers perspective, Please....

That is true in some cases, but you can't speak for all Soldiers. When I was deployed I found the respone to troop presence as negative overall and there were plenty of times during convoys that Iraqi Citizens would pelt our vehicles with rocks and curse us as we drove by. I think they had full knowledge that we had no real reason for being in they're Country and the large majority resented us for that, even though they would play friendly to Soldiers a lot of the time to recieve MRE's, food, and candy the Soldiers would pass out to them.

That is true in some cases, but you can't speak for all Soldiers. When I was deployed I found the respone to troop presence as negative overall and there were plenty of times during convoys that Iraqi Citizens would pelt our vehicles with rocks and curse us as we drove by. I think they had full knowledge that we had no real reason for being in they're Country and the large majority resented us for that, even though they would play friendly to Soldiers a lot of the time to recieve MRE's, food, and candy the Soldiers would pass out to them.

Where? MOS? What Unit?

Edited by Dredimus

To some extent that's true, it would have been much better to have healthcare reform 10 years ago but republicans are against it while being pro war. So at this point, the boil has festered to a point where it threatens our very health and can no longer be ignored.

Yeah hindsight is always 20/20. I’ve been reading Startravelers post to gain a better insight of the particulars of the healthcare reform plan being put forth now. Even though I feel it’s not a good time to do so, even with reassurances that the healthcare reform proposal doesn’t add new debt to the already soaring federal deficit.

I think President Obama’s intentions are good, but he has realize that he’s new and folks need to get used to him being in “the chair” and also allow more time for the economy to stabilize first before doing anything that gives the outward appearance of adding more government programs.

Alright, now we know you are the authorized speaker for the Iraqi people and their elected leader is just a pretend.

Tell us then who suggested that you do your talking here at UM for the Iraqis? ;)

Edited by AROCES

Quite different from what most see how the Iraqis been treating our soldier.

I think it is just you who been thrown rocks at and you somehow thought it's the uniform.

Quite different from what most see how the Iraqis been treating our soldier.

I think it is just you who been thrown rocks at and you somehow thought it's the uniform.

We had this conversation before bro. Show some class and keep the hits legal.

You know as much as I dislike AROCES I agree with him the patriot act was overblown. I mean I heard the tinheads b****ing and whining about it constantly but ask yourself: Have you or anyone you've known been directly effected by it?

No.

Neither have any of the conspiracy theorists complaining about it.

You dislike me that much????? :o

Conservatives always hawk about the Congressional vote but want to slink away from the fact that intelligence reports were not confirmed, that faulty information was presented to congress influencing that vote or that evidence exists that Bush planned to invade Iraq long before any of that process. Nor do they talk about how many members of Congress have publicly stated that if they had been given the truth about the situation of Iraq, they would not have voted to give Bush those powers.

It's the responsiblity of the leaders of congress to verify what they are voting for, specially in sending our troops into combat.

I mean seem like those who are complaining treated it like the 1,000 pages of stimulus bill and they need to vote in 24 hours.

Edited by AROCES

You know as much as I dislike AROCES I agree with him the patriot act was overblown. I mean I heard the tinheads b****ing and whining about it constantly but ask yourself: Have you or anyone you've known been directly effected by it?

No.

Neither have any of the conspiracy theorists complaining about it.

The patriot act is not in any way shape or form over blown. Cause of it, over 20,000 Americans are added to the terror watch list per month, still to this day. The PA is the greatest threat to freedom today.

All of them? Then who plants the roadside bombs? Who voted in the poll that wanted Americans out of Iraq as soon as possible? Why did the people cheer and support the reporter who threw the shoe at Bush? All of them or a few of them?

Alright, now we know you are the authorized speaker for the Iraqi people and their elected leader is just a pretend.

Tell us then who suggested that you do your talking here at UM for the Iraqis? ;)

I do not speak for the Iraqis in UM . . . . it happens only in your mind.

It's the responsiblity of the leaders of congress to verify what they are voting for, specially in sending our troops into combat.

I mean seem like those who are complaining treated it like the 1,000 pages of stimulus bill and they need to vote in 24 hours.

The members of the Congress have the responsibility to verify what they are voting for but the President did not have the responsibility to verify intelligence reports he fed to Congress to influence their votes . . . . strange how that works.

The members of the Congress have the responsibility to verify what they are voting for but the President did not have the responsibility to verify intelligence reports he fed to Congress to influence their votes . . . . strange how that works.

I believe the President gave Congress the same information he got from our Intelligence.

Similarities:

Give us permission to attack Iraq or a nuclear bomb just might explode in America

Give us the stimulus money or America's economy will crash tomorrow

What's next in their playbook?

I believe the President gave Congress the same information he got from our Intelligence.

Some intelligence officers disagree . . . . they say that they informed the White House that information being received was faulty or that its sources were not reliable and they claim that the White House ignored their advice and presented it as fact anyway.

Receiving such reports, did not the president have this same responsibility as Congress to confirm the information, such as the phony African uranium buy, before putting it before Congress, the media and the American people?

Yeah hindsight is always 20/20. I’ve been reading Startravelers post to gain a better insight of the particulars of the healthcare reform plan being put forth now. Even though I feel it’s not a good time to do so, even with reassurances that the healthcare reform proposal doesn’t add new debt to the already soaring federal deficit.

I think President Obama’s intentions are good, but he has realize that he’s new and folks need to get used to him being in “the chair” and also allow more time for the economy to stabilize first before doing anything that gives the outward appearance of adding more government programs.

See but what I'm saying is that there was FOREsight decades ago that we needed healthcare reform. It's not hindsight. It's willful neglect.

If you're not used to Obama being in "the chair", when will you be? and what difference will it make?

Getting healthcare reformed will have a significant stabilizing impact on the economy.

See but what I'm saying is that there was FOREsight decades ago that we needed healthcare reform. It's not hindsight. It's willful neglect.

If you're not used to Obama being in "the chair", when will you be? and what difference will it make?

Getting healthcare reformed will have a significant stabilizing impact on the economy.

Hows that?

How come you never go after the source of the intelligence then? The CIA head George Tenet.

We all know why, for that wont make it strange how it works and it's gotta be Bush.

Similarities:

Give us permission to attack Iraq or a nuclear bomb just might explode in America

Give us the stimulus money or America's economy will crash tomorrow

What's next in their playbook?

The Clinton Administration, some leading members of Congress, other leaders of contries and the UNITED NATIONS all have warned the world about Saddam's WMD.

So who's playbook was it really is?

Edited by AROCES