Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Mermaid" sightings grip Israel

UM-Bot

mermaid.jpg
Image credit: J.W.Waterhouse
A spate of sightings of alleged Mermaids in Israel have created quite a stir in the country, one town council is offering a $1m reward to anyone who can prove that the mythical nautical nymphs exist in its waters.

"Israel is in the grips of mermaid fever after numerous sightings of the mythical sea creature off its coast. One town council is taking the reports so seriously it is offering a $1m (£609,000) reward to anyone who can prove the existence of a mermaid in its waters."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Sky News

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashyne

• kobolds

• DurgaMata

• True Lotus

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the mermaids are Jewish.

Makes you wonder if it's a publicity stunt.

no i can tell you with 100% certianty that it isn't a stunt because no one would put 1 million dollars into a stunt at least no goverment maybe a rich person with nothing better to do but that isn't the case and i know because well this may sound crazy but i'm an atlanian ya you heard me i said an atlaintian. well at least a decentend from one. i don't know how i know i just do but probaly from the dreams i have had but yet i was told that the lotus would bloom again in august todayy is my birthday and now this after the dream i had last night that seemed so real i could remember details from it. i just can tell you this is no publicity stunt its real.

no i can tell you with 100% certianty that it isn't a stunt because no one would put 1 million dollars into a stunt at least no goverment maybe a rich person with nothing better to do but that isn't the case and i know because well this may sound crazy but i'm an atlanian ya you heard me i said an atlaintian. well at least a decentend from one. i don't know how i know i just do but probaly from the dreams i have had but yet i was told that the lotus would bloom again in august todayy is my birthday and now this after the dream i had last night that seemed so real i could remember details from it. i just can tell you this is no publicity stunt its real.

are you a Buddha?

i'm an atlanian ya you heard me i said an atlaintian.

reading that aloud (with spelling mistakes) you sound like a complete numpty ^_^

Yeah probably, but why choose a mermaid to gain attention??

Yeah probably, but why choose a mermaid to gain attention??

Because Israel makes a lot of money from its tourism industry. Haifa, while being a port and industrialised city, also has a large number of very nice beaches which attracts a lot of water-tourism. Rumours of 'mermaids' certainly wouldn't hinder that tourism.

That Israel's image might be a little more negative at present might encourage some people to set their scruples aside and promote something which is a fabrication to boost the country's popularity as a tourist destination.

Edited by Leonardo

no one would put 1 million dollars into a stunt at least no goverment

So, a goverment would not invest a "possible" 1 million dollar reward to increase the tourism of the country?

Ah, sure they would.

ya you heard me i said an atlaintian.

Being from Atlantis, I would suggest that you learn how to spell atlantean. Your ancestors would be disappointed in you.

:huh:

Either that or it's the arbritators' latest idea to distract the everlasting Israeli–Palestinian war.