Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extra money for welfare recipients

BiffSplitkins

it should be vouchers, not money.

it is a good idea to give parents the extra money to give children school suplies because it can cost alot. but the government has to be sure it would be spent on the exact items that's necessary

I agree they should get extra for school supplies and also agree it should be a voucher. Good post.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BiffSplitkins

• FurthurBB

• The Silver Thong

• Kimi81

How on earth could it even cost $200 for school supplies for one kid?

It costs more where my children went to elementary school. I wish they wore uniforms, that would make it cheaper than school clothes.

What ticks me off is that I pay tax's school tax's to be exact and I don't have kids. Having kids is a personal choice and for families to recieve tax money because they have kids is wrong. Where's my money I pay tax's. Give it to everyone or no one. I don't agree that I should be paying to help support other peoples children. Welfare is diferent but really it's not right to punish people for not having children

Living in a good school district can lower your crime rate, bring business to your neighborhood, and increase your home value by $200,000. When you give all of the benefits back I will feel sorry for you, until then I say again eat your own pie and stop looking at everyone else's.

It costs more where my children went to elementary school. I wish they wore uniforms, that would make it cheaper than school clothes.

Do they go naked all Summer? I doubt it. That means they already have clothes through September and for next Spring, depending on the climate. I know my kids' clothes don't self-destruct as soon as summer is over. Then you buy a couple of pairs of jeans, a few sweaters and sweatshirts, and a coat. You can get all that for less than $100 per kid EASILY! And coats can last for two years once the kids get a bit older. You buy it big one year and it will still fit the next year. Same with sweatshirts.

I certainly understand the need for some short-term assistance for some people. But I also see a heck of a lot of people who get way too much stuff for being lower income.

I'm with Biff on this one.

Living in a good school district can lower your crime rate, bring business to your neighborhood, and increase your home value by $200,000. When you give all of the benefits back I will feel sorry for you, until then I say again eat your own pie and stop looking at everyone else's.

What the hell are you talking about eat my own pie :rolleyes: I have a job I have a house I have a car and I pay taxes on everything. Why should I pay for another families kids? Get off it pal I chose not to have kids for a reason and I get taxed for it ya. I agree people fall on hard times but man when do I get a break oh ya I have to have kids.

I am unimpressed with your post. All the people who are constantly screaming about "their hard earned money" are either stay at home moms or are barely making over minimum wage. Eat your own pie and let everyone else worry about their piece.

I make far more than minimum wage and so does my wife - thank you very much! Keep your fingers OUTTA my pie, I already paid for the piece in front of you!

I agree they should get extra for school supplies and also agree it should be a voucher. Good post.

Vouchers aren't a solution any more than food stamps are. There will always be those people that sell them for cash so they can buy drugs.

Vouchers aren't a solution any more than food stamps are. There will always be those people that sell them for cash so they can buy drugs.

I agree. Even with electronic benefit cards a lot of recipients still manage to cheat the system.

I make far more than minimum wage and so does my wife - thank you very much! Keep your fingers OUTTA my pie, I already paid for the piece in front of you!

LOL! You didn't pay for anything for me. I believe your wife does not work and you work at Buger King and nothing you say will change my mind on that. Maybe you have no pie and that is why you are so upset.

LOL! You didn't pay for anything for me. I believe your wife does not work and you work at Buger King and nothing you say will change my mind on that. Maybe you have no pie and that is why you are so upset.

Read my profile page smartypants. :D

What the hell are you talking about eat my own pie :rolleyes: I have a job I have a house I have a car and I pay taxes on everything. Why should I pay for another families kids? Get off it pal I chose not to have kids for a reason and I get taxed for it ya. I agree people fall on hard times but man when do I get a break oh ya I have to have kids.

I believe that you work, have a house and a car, but, you obviously did not read my post. I said living in a good school district benefits Y O U, not someone else.

I believe that you work, have a house and a car, but, you obviously did not read my post. I said living in a good school district benefits Y O U, not someone else.

It does have benifits and I pay for those benifits but I don't believe I should have to pay for other peoples kids school supplies. Now go make be a burger no pickles :D

Edited by The Silver Thong

Why? Did you not write your profile?

Troll!

It does have benifits and I pay for those benifits but I don't believe I should have to pay for other peoples kids school supplies. No go make be a burger no pickles :D

Only if you like Turkey burgers and ask nicely because I do not eat red meat, but, I do like to cook.

Troll!

Well, if it helps you to sleep at night to call me names because I do not believe what you write, then go right ahead. I sleep like a baby every night and some random online poster will not change that.

Only if you like Turkey burgers and ask nicely because I do not eat red meat, but, I do like to cook.

All right turkey it is LOL oh and Biff will have one too ;)

All right turkey it is LOL oh and Biff will have one too ;)

Well, for Biff it will cost some of his food stamps as a matter of principal. I mean, I cannot give him something for nothing.

Well, for Biff it will cost some of his food stamps as a matter of principal. I mean, I cannot give him something for nothing.

LOL - Oh ok but you're gonna have to take green stamps cause I'm way too poor even for food stamps. :P

:blink:Man the Welfare threads always get heated quickly. I'm just waiting for the racist remarks to begin :wacko:

:blink:Man the Welfare threads always get heated quickly. I'm just waiting for the racist remarks to begin :wacko:

:rolleyes: Nope, you're the first one. :blink:

:rolleyes: Nope, you're the first one. :blink:

Funny how the 'race card' is trying to casually work it's way into this thread. :P

Funny how the 'race card' is trying to casually work it's way into this thread. :P

its the irish i tell ya!!

*joking* :P

it should be vouchers, not money.

it is a good idea to give parents the extra money to give children school suplies because it can cost alot. but the government has to be sure it would be spent on the exact items that's necessary

I agree ! vouchers and receipts for them . ID's used . must have picture.

granted there are people on welfare who abuse the system .. but the bulk do not. to frame all people on welfare as free loaders is ignorant . I do think they need to put a cork in payments for children. If you find yourself single , out of work or unable to work with 2 kids and need to get on welfare ? fine.. have more kids after that ? your outta luck. no increase.

they also need more agents monitoring under cover wise ... stake out places and see if they are living to standard and not having boyfriend living with them while makes 30 grand a year. or driving brand new cars or dressed to the nines. more needs to be done to weed out those who abuse the system. same with workman's' comp.

Worker's Comp Fraud Caught on Tape

busted for fraud ? one should be fined , jailed and lose any possibility of gaining any state or federal funds including SS.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

oh no .. people are too smart for that .. they just think it or imply it .. but never come out and say it. too chicken. but you know they are thinking it !! it's not rocket science !!