Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Infidel Guy

Your reasons for being Religious/Atheist etc?

101 posts in this topic

Scudbuster
On 8/11/2017 at 5:38 PM, WhispersInTheAttic said:

Religion is great. However some people can push it and be very hypocritical. I don't hate anyone for what they believe in or if they chose to be Athiest. Everyone has a right. As for me I believe because it makes me happy and I believe in life after death but that's my opinion. May have no proof but it's just something I feel inside. It's hard to put into words. I've had some weird experiences more than once and it keeps me thinking and on my toes. 

I'd never shoot down other people's opinions or tell them their wrong. Do what makes you happy. :)

Well, it would be nice if it really was. But unfortunately, the opposite is true. The sheer number of people killed, maimed, tortured, raped, displaced, etc over the past centuries is appalling, all in the name of "religion". As George Carlin once stated in his rebuke of it (it's on You Tube BTW) "you don't like my religion, you die"...! And sadly, it continues about as bad as it's ever been with all the crap that's been going on in the Middle East. Check out Christopher Hitchens book some time "God is Not Great" and/or his many talks before varied groups about this topic. They too, are also all available on YT.

• Like 1