Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Fourth Kind

Cryptoman

I saw District 9 last night (which was great by the way) and I saw a trailer for a movie called "The Fourth Kind". They said the film was based on true events and backed up by archived footage, which they actually showed. It looked quite disturbing.

Check it out for yourself: http://www.thefourthkind.net/

What do you think?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spunned

• Cryptoman

• bigdaddyinge

• Nims

That is one creepy trailer o.O

On The Outsiders on ABC last night they had something about alien abductions. I don't really know what these people are experiencing. I don't think all of them are liars, I think some have experienced something real.

I've seen on a few evangelical or fundementalist religious sites when they do mention this, that these people feel like it's the Watchers or Nephilim doing this.

In the bible it says that the Sons of God found the daughters of Men pleasing and took them as wives,and they had children of them.It's said the giants,like Goliath were the result of such matings.This seems to be one of the features of alien abductions, the medical and sexual experiments on abductees.Why are these grays, Reptialians or whatever they are, doing this for,what do they gain from it?

Looks like a very interesting movie whether you believe in this stuff or not.

I saw the trailer as well... My initial reactions to the movie are "Well, Mila Jovavich is sexy so I might see it."

Really it looks like just another set of reenactments of hypnosis sessions - a high budget "Unexplained Mysteries" (The TV show not the website). I don't expect it to be very enlightening as far as the actual subject matter goes...

No I kept thinking of Communion - and I was right. =) Looks pretty good, to me that's the problem with a lot of movies that try to adderss this, is they never seem to be able to depict and portray things as bizarrely as they are reported. It appears a bit Hollywooded up, but that just goes with the territory.

No I kept thinking of Communion - and I was right. =) Looks pretty good, to me that's the problem with a lot of movies that try to adderss this, is they never seem to be able to depict and portray things as bizarrely as they are reported. It appears a bit Hollywooded up, but that just goes with the territory.

I thought of Communion too. Wonder if Schrieber has anything to do with this movie.

Let's see, would I rather want to run into one of those, or a predator? Pretty sure I could take a few of the little grey guys, probly not a pred though. :rofl:

First of all: The pixeling of the womans face is creepy and I don't even think it's suppose to be.

It's extremely odd that Mila Jovovich is there in the trailer saying who she is and she'll be playing a character (ect). But it looks a bit different in how it's done so I might give it a shot if it is creepy enough.

I just got the chance to view the trailer, and rushed over here to see if there were any posting on it. It actually looks like it might be well done.

Looks great.

Oh man! Thats looks so sweet! im ecxited, that owl thing was a little creepy O.o im so seeing this movie

Does this remind anyone else of Mothman Prophecies? Obviously not the same thing, but it just seemed to have a similar feel.

I'm excited for it though, it's hard to come by a genuinely creepy alien movie these days.

• 3 months later...

I just watched this movie, and found this description to be most fitting. (IMO)

Really it looks like just another set of reenactments of hypnosis sessions - a high budget "Unexplained Mysteries" (The TV show not the website). I don't expect it to be very enlightening as far as the actual subject matter goes...

At times the two 'scenes' are on screen at the same time. It's an odd way to present a movie in this day and age, when so many of these 'actual footage' films fork out a large chunk in advertising/set-up. I remember when Blair Witch came out they had a medium-sized display in the theater lobby chock full of stick dolls and other bits of 'evidence from the case.' Quite nice, actually.

Anyway, the movie itself has some good scare points, and the actors (on both sets of footage) seem to be in to it. I might possibly be outside of the demographic they were aiming for.

• 1 month later...

very good film, after seeing i did some research and it was all fake the producers created the "real" footage by putting actors in the town the films about and faked the story so it would go into the papers and be documented as real and so on in the end they had a "real" true life story and footage to work into a real film just another blair witch really the blair witch back fired when they said it was real when the people that died in the film starred in another film sometime later lol.

its a good watch though and has some scary moments.

I saw District 9 last night (which was great by the way) and I saw a trailer for a movie called "The Fourth Kind". They said the film was based on true events and backed up by archived footage, which they actually showed. It looked quite disturbing.

Check it out for yourself: http://www.thefourthkind.net/

What do you think?

"District 9" was an awesome movie - one of the best sci-fi flicks I've ever seen. As for "The Fourth Kind," it's not based in reality. I still want to see it, however, but for entertainment value only. There has never been any recorded mass abductions in Alaska as described in this movie. The producers of the film apparently tried to promote it virally a la "Blair Witch" before it came out and planted a few websites out there ARG-style. The film itself does look disturbing, just remember that it's not based on a true story.

After seeing at least 2 people say District 9 was a great movie , I decided I will never watch the 4th kind , nor read a topic on it :tu:

This was probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen.

Totally agree. The hype of the movie was much more exciting then the movie itself! I was severely disappointed.

so you guys are basically saying that it is paranormal activity with ET. aw shucks, i sat through that garbage, may as well sit through the fourth kind.

After seeing at least 2 people say District 9 was a great movie , I decided I will never watch the 4th kind , nor read a topic on it :tu:

I take it you didn't like District 9? I thought it was pretty good. Love to see a sequel. As for the 4th Kind, I'll download the video when it comes mid-month I guess. Can't hurt. (OR CAN IT? Will I go blind or maybe the creepy chick from The Ring crawl out of my TV set or something to get me?)

*Edit: talk about dumb movies, Paranormal Activity was seriously stupid, can't believe I paid $8.00 to see it on Halloween.

Edited by Maelstrom5

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the movie last night, and its definitely worth watching!

Im still wondering if the tapes are real.. or just some hollywood stunt?