Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GH and GHI:

ReconMarine

Community

I guess as a fan of the shows I waited too long to start doubting because I just didn't think they would personally try to commit fraud with their audience or their clients. But I have noticed some things that many of you have noticed, and to rehash the events in detail would be foolish. I do have some questions though about certain events that I have not seen raised before.

1. Am I the only one who thinks Grant looks "high" sometimes? I mean for real. I am not into character assassination on any level, but there are many times he just seems "out of it". I have managed a couple of bars, bounced in a dump truck load of them, thrown way too many drunks and people who were high out if them. I have seen enough of them too tell you know? And Grant just seems on many occasions to be on the verge of intoxicated, or on the lower end of a oxycontin high.

2. Is it just me or does it not seem that Grant is a coattail rider? I have never seen him on the initiative end of a situation when he and Jason are together, be it in an investigation, or on a Roto Rooter call. He always seems to be the "apprentice". And since TAPS was formed well before Grant joined the effort, why is he called a "Co-founder"? I remember in the first season, he was labeled as "lead investigator". Granted 5 years into the TV show, he has at least earned his stripes, but it just seems a bit misleading.

3. How does GHI fit into the realm? Is that something Jason expanded? And is that why Robb Demarest informs Jason of personnel and event issues sometimes?

4. Amy I the only one who can not stand to hear Brady's voice from GHI? She talks through her nose worse than Jessica Simpson sings through hers....... It drives me bonkers.

5. Why do they seem to to all be skirting on the fringe of "weirdo", in regard to the members of the teams. Don't get me wrong now, but there just do not seem to be any "normal" members, i.e. Robb, dude if you are going to keep that thin beard line......keep the rest of your face shaved, at least for TV. Dustin, if you are going to "frost your tips", well never mind I can't think of a reason for a grown man to have frosted tips, and please get rid of that upside down visor....... Why do they all, except for Jason, and Grant, and Barry, and Tango, dress and appear on the fringe of a Marylin Manson video? And the effiminate nature of many of some of the cast.... I don't know I just don't get the board shorts, and baggy pants. I have nothing against INK (I have some of my own), and Steve has some nice work, but man you show up at a active church to be the lead man with it all hanging out......I mean they are supposed to be professionals. I wouldn't expect them to go out looking like Seventh Day Adventists, but the borderline gangster, hip hop, Goth, tattoo parlor thing.....just makes no sense to me. I know they are looking for a demographic, and they think most people who believe in or watch the programing are "out there", but many of us are not.

6. I for one think Grant pulled the lamp cord, I think he messed with his jacket, Not sure why I feel that way, but I just get that vibe from him. I think Jason has to reign him in sometimes, and keep him on a tight leash.

7. Am I the only one who thinks there needs to be a GH "Hot Chicks" Calender? Donna, Kris, Ashley, Brandy (as long as she isn't talking), Angela (needs some help with her make-up).

9. Is Brian finally gone all the way around? Has there ever been a bigger dork on TV?

10. I hope both Pauls stay far, far away from next season.

Enough blabbering for one thread I guess.

Semper Fi

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReconMarine

• Wookietim

• sinewave

• Stormcrow

Welcome to UM, ReconMarine.

I agree with just about everything you say, but especially what you said about Brian. That guy was an embarrassment to GH from the beginning! I also think there are some very attractive women on GH, but I don't think a swimsuit calendar would be a good idea. The show's having enough problems with its credibility without doing something like that.

My oldest complaint about the show concerns their "one-night-stand" approach to investigating. I think they could revivify the show if they did some longer, in-depth investigations of the locations where they previously got some evidence of paranormal activity.

But perhaps they're afraid to do that because then they might debunk more of the supposed evidence. Regardless, it seems to me that serious long-term investigations of fewer locations would be preferable to hasty short-term investigations of more locations, many of which turn up nothing.

Welcome to UM, ReconMarine.

I agree with just about everything you say, but especially what you said about Brian. That guy was an embarrassment to GH from the beginning! I also think there are some very attractive women on GH, but I don't think a swimsuit calendar would be a good idea. The show's having enough problems with its credibility without doing something like that.

My oldest complaint about the show concerns their "one-night-stand" approach to investigating. I think they could revivify the show if they did some longer, in-depth investigations of the locations where they previously got some evidence of paranormal activity.

But perhaps they're afraid to do that because then they might debunk more of the supposed evidence. Regardless, it seems to me that serious long-term investigations of fewer locations would be preferable to hasty short-term investigations of more locations, many of which turn up nothing.

Thank you for the warm welcome,

Well I was being facetious about the calendar, it was more of a "wishlist" type thing.

I do think there are some serious credibility issues going on with GH for sure, especially since the last Halloween episode, and the Eastern State "black shape", fiasco. Has anyone else seen the replay of the episode now? where the shape moves forward just to the point before where the "leg and foot" shows and then it moves backwards......as in the video loops backwards, to keep it from looking cut. This is why they do not use time and date stamps on any of the footage except the Flir footage.

I don't think Grant had anything to do with the Queen Mary fiasco, but if he did, nobody else did for sure, because Steve and Brian were ontop of that BS quick.

I agree the 6 to 8 hour investigations hurt chances of identification, and of experiencing anything. I mean those three retards on Ghost adventures get "locked down" for an entire night when they roll. I like the investigations where they are staying in the same locations they are investigating, especially the GHI guys.

Speaking of that, it seems to me that GH and GHI do not use nearly enough static NV equipment. They have a multiplexer capable of delivering 16 screens, yet they NEVER use more than 4 cameras, why? They could cover so much ground by setting up all over the place, besides the hand helds, and it would allow them to catch noises and images from multiple sources in the same areas. Because it always astounds me that they NEVER capture evidence from a static device in the same room with a portable device, at the same time.

And another issue with that, it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that these people are getting "paid", especially the GHI team with all the globe trotting they do, so why all the "low end" metering equipment, and older video equipment, Piligrin has access to the best equipment in the world, why isn't that rolling over into the show. You can't tell me merchandizing tie ins for equipment hasn't been offered so the teams have the best there is.

Semper Fi

Edited by ReconMarine

For whatever reason, I always liked Brian (the first original helper guy right?) - in fact he was probably my favorite "character" or GH member - grant seems kinda distant and weird and superior, Jason seems more personable but with a dominant, obnoxious personality. I don't know anything about GHI, not even sure I saw a whole episode.

For whatever reason, I always liked Brian (the first original helper guy right?) - in fact he was probably my favorite "character" or GH member - grant seems kinda distant and weird and superior, Jason seems more personable but with a dominant, obnoxious personality. I don't know anything about GHI, not even sure I saw a whole episode.

No! Paranormalcy...Brian was a total jackass! He screwed everything up and when Jason and Grant called him on it, he would totally get defensive and act like a teenager about it. Like it wasn't even a real job or something. He was the tech producer...before Steve... and he was quite thoroughly incompentent, for sure!! My daughter likes him, too, but I always hated him...with a passion.

To the OP...I'm thinking that maybe Grant looks stoned sometimes because he's friggin' SCHEMING too hard! He can't focus on a whole lot more than the hoax he's attempting to pull off. I feel horrible for saying such things because I love Jason and Steve and Tango...and TAPS, in general- but Grant has displayed some REALLY questionable behavior in the last couple seasons. Dammit!

I agree that, while the Ghost Adventure dudes are on another planet...I do like their approach of staying all night in the location. GH has rarely done that, but when they've investigated a haunted hotel and spent the night...it seems as if they always get more phenomena on tape.

P.S. I love Steve's tatoos and his personality...God bless 'im. He's scared of everything BUT ghosts!! Also...how many dudes in polo shirts and khakis are running around investigating the paranormal_and who would want to see that boring crap anyhow? I love all the characters on GH. GHI...I only like the irish dude (sorry, I can't recall his name!), and Joe Chin. Infact, I think GHI is quite BORING, despite their diverse locales!

4. Amy I the only one who can not stand to hear Brady's voice from GHI? She talks through her nose worse than Jessica Simpson sings through hers....... It drives me bonkers.

i've mentioned this before, but SERIOUSLY. in all honesty, i don't think i've ever heard a more annoying voice. it's unfortunate, really, because it's to the point that i cannot even watch the show bc of how grating her voice is. it's almost as if it's some sort of disabilty... really, i mean, people must notice immediately, and i'm sure it's had to have become an issue in her relationships.

5. Why do they seem to to all be skirting on the fringe of "weirdo", in regard to the members of the teams. Don't get me wrong now, but there just do not seem to be any "normal" members, i.e. Robb, dude if you are going to keep that thin beard line......keep the rest of your face shaved, at least for TV. Dustin, if you are going to "frost your tips", well never mind I can't think of a reason for a grown man to have frosted tips, and please get rid of that upside down visor....... Why do they all, except for Jason, and Grant, and Barry, and Tango, dress and appear on the fringe of a Marylin Manson video? And the effiminate nature of many of some of the cast.... I don't know I just don't get the board shorts, and baggy pants. I have nothing against INK (I have some of my own), and Steve has some nice work, but man you show up at a active church to be the lead man with it all hanging out......I mean they are supposed to be professionals. I wouldn't expect them to go out looking like Seventh Day Adventists, but the borderline gangster, hip hop, Goth, tattoo parlor thing.....just makes no sense to me. I know they are looking for a demographic, and they think most people who believe in or watch the programing are "out there", but many of us are not.

well, you're pretty much summing up all of my thoughts when i view the show. dustin seems like a nice guy and all, and he appears to try really hard (a little too hard, methinks), but he's got to be one of the biggest douches on tv. the hair, the visor. just so many bad decisions.

6. I for one think Grant pulled the lamp cord, I think he messed with his jacket, Not sure why I feel that way, but I just get that vibe from him. I think Jason has to reign him in sometimes, and keep him on a tight leash.

for me, this was the last straw. i have lost all interest in seeing what they have to present. it's all bs. granted, i've always had to view with a high degree of suspended disbelief, but their last stunt was just a blatant insult to the audience's intelligence, and really unnacceptable, period

7. Am I the only one who thinks there needs to be a GH "Hot Chicks" Calender? Donna, Kris, Ashley, Brandy (as long as she isn't talking), Angela (needs some help with her make-up).

er... maybe kris, though i wouldn't describe her as "hot," per se... maybe more of a "cute." other than that... meh. donna was cool, but kind of amazon woman-ish, and please don't even mention that little nose-talking troll bran... ugh, i just can't.

9. Is Brian finally gone all the way around? Has there ever been a bigger dork on TV?

seriously. he had an obvious attitude problem, and was wildly immature. i also think he has some underlying social issues.

Edited by Amnesiac

What irritates me about Brian is, he is an adult, and served at least one tour in the Air Force, granted most AF people I know seem to be just as dorky (including my wife who served 7 years in the USAF), but he seemed to be devoid of any personal concept of responsability, or accountability, and as a military person it really burns my ***.

As for Dustin, I am not sure but he too seems to be former military, USMC in fact. I was a bit put off by him because when they were in the P.I. at the old Clark USAFB, he wore a USMC "Charlie" uniform shirt, with ribbons and rank patches on it as a overshirt. That p***ed me off a bit.... I could care less about wearing a BDU jacket, or Camo pants, even a 4corner cover is no big deal if you were a Marine, but to wear part of our uniform in a disrespectful manner is too much. I have seen him wear old school olive drab gear before and that is cool too, but he just went a little too far that episode.

Semper Fi

As for the entire show....Something I have often questioned....About 95% of every place they go to , their are " witnesses" that explain what/when/who they saw , or what moved , etc....Almost if not all of these things happen during normal operation times , meaning when the lights are ON , customers are there making noise , etc.....What makes GH and GHI , and others just have to " turn off the lights" , " let's go dark"....Would you not want the situations to be the same as they were reported?.....This is just something I never seem to understand.I know " the dark" naturally increases sences , such as " fear " , among others....That alone dis-credits all of this to me.May not be such a great show if it were done with the lights on in a "natural" environment.....But again , all "scary movies" best scenes are in the dark , aren't they?........

No offense meant here, but I don't see how, just because you (OP) don't like some of the people in it, this makes Ghost Hunters any less of a great show. I mean, my opinion is biased here because I love it so much, but it just seems silly to me to be calling out the way some of the people dress as flaws in the show.

To be honest I have never noticed any of the things you pointed out. Maybe I just don't watch it as much as you do. In any case I prefer to give TAPS the benefit of the doubt and just keep enjoying the show as it is. =)

What irritates me about Brian is, he is an adult, and served at least one tour in the Air Force, granted most AF people I know seem to be just as dorky (including my wife who served 7 years in the USAF), but he seemed to be devoid of any personal concept of responsability, or accountability, and as a military person it really burns my ***.

As for Dustin, I am not sure but he too seems to be former military, USMC in fact. I was a bit put off by him because when they were in the P.I. at the old Clark USAFB, he wore a USMC "Charlie" uniform shirt, with ribbons and rank patches on it as a overshirt. That p***ed me off a bit.... I could care less about wearing a BDU jacket, or Camo pants, even a 4corner cover is no big deal if you were a Marine, but to wear part of our uniform in a disrespectful manner is too much. I have seen him wear old school olive drab gear before and that is cool too, but he just went a little too far that episode.

Semper Fi

I haven't seen the Clark USAFB episode.That'snot the one were they went to Dayton,is it? I agree with you on the uniform business,that is disrespectful and an insult to serving Marines. Surprised no one there at the base called him on that.

What did Brian do in the AirForce, anybody know? I thought on one of the episodes he mentioned security,and something about some missle base,guess he was an mp. He sure didn't work military intelligence. My late father was in the Airforce for 33 years (1942-1975) and a chief mastersargent. He work in military intelligence his whole career, and recieved the Meritorious Service medal for designing the Alaskan Command Intelligence Fusion Center and the Alaskan Command Resource management Sytem, this was when he was NCOIC of the Intelligence Data Handling Branch, J2 Divison,Headquarters,Alaskan Command,1967 to 1970. Guys like Brian my dad must have chewed up and spit out during his career.

They never mentioned how long his service was in the AirForce either.

The thing with Dustin bothers me, because you have more and more of these guys, mainly older men who claim to have been awarded all these medals, and then someone calls them on it. Then through some snooping around, it's discovered they were never awarded the medals they claim.

I have papers for my dad from the AirForce listing his, and I have the award citation in an Department of the AirForce case for daddy's Meritorious Service Medal. Right now I don't have a way to scan it, else I'd post it to show it's the real deal,and I'm not making this up.

That's why the Dustin uniform deal puzzles me. Was he really at one time a Marine, or did he get the medals and the uniform from some military surplus store or off ebay or what? And if he served, why dis the Marine uniform Bro?

As far as Grant and the Queen Mary, I heard somewhere that SUPPOSEDLY a TAPS member did the bed spread pull , and when they discovered it, this person got kicked out of TAPS.But I also heard some people believe it was one of the staff that did it.I think it was on some ghost show, they had Dr.William Roll. He and his team investigated the Queen Mary.They put a voice actavated tape recorder way down in the ship,I think the engine room or around there. Anyway, the area is off limits to tours and only maintance people go there. Anyhow, they caught on tape sounds and men's voices.

That was pretty neat. Now I don't know Grant's health problems, but it might be Grant isn't drunk, but on some sort of medication which might make him a little out of it at times. Yeah Jason is definetely the dominant personality of the two.

I like to see the different locations GHI goes to. I do wish that some places they would go to again, like Lucedio,the haunted monastery, maybe Frankenstein's Castle, or some other place. There are some interesting haunted places in Australia, and tons in Europe.

They do seem to have a revovling door when it comes to investigators. Not sure on the girls,i do like Barry and Joe Chin,Robb's okay, but I can't seem to warm to him like the other two.Andy could drive you crazy sometime, but he was serious about he did, and was good at debunking things. I liked when they went to Frankenstein's Castle with Josh Gates of Destination Truth. I'd like it if they went back to Lisheen Ruins in Ireland, and check out some other places there.

1. Am I the only one who thinks Grant looks "high" sometimes? I mean for real. I am not into character assassination on any level, but there are many times he just seems "out of it". I have managed a couple of bars, bounced in a dump truck load of them, thrown way too many drunks and people who were high out if them. I have seen enough of them too tell you know? And Grant just seems on many occasions to be on the verge of intoxicated, or on the lower end of a oxycontin high.

Some people just have a weird tendency to naturally look high. I've never done drugs whatsoever and I've been called high many a time (and the person was dead serious thinking I was a stoner.) I know a couple guys who are like that too, that just look like they're doing drugs when I know they've never done any.

2. Is it just me or does it not seem that Grant is a coattail rider? I have never seen him on the initiative end of a situation when he and Jason are together, be it in an investigation, or on a Roto Rooter call. He always seems to be the "apprentice". And since TAPS was formed well before Grant joined the effort, why is he called a "Co-founder"? I remember in the first season, he was labeled as "lead investigator". Granted 5 years into the TV show, he has at least earned his stripes, but it just seems a bit misleading.

Jason is the leader, and Grant is his partner. I think that's the only reason why any of this happened, but it's curious that they called him a co-founder. I have a feeling though that Sci-Fi had something to do with it- considering they branded it (from what I recall) by saying they were Roto Rooters by day and ghost hunters at night.

3. How does GHI fit into the realm? Is that something Jason expanded? And is that why Robb Demarest informs Jason of personnel and event issues sometimes?

Sci Fi wanted more money and knew they could do so if they expanded the show. Some of the people from GHI used to be on GH so I guess that may be why Jason is kept updated on things. And if I were Jason I'd love to be kept updated as well.

5. Why do they seem to to all be skirting on the fringe of "weirdo"......

How come I never saw them being on the fringe of weirdo? I've seen both shows and not once ever thought of it that way. I don't really care what people wear though, and let people be who they are. Sci Fi probably allows them to wear whatever, as long as it doesn't cuss or say something derogatory. They probably have to avoid logos too.

The entire show has false evidence and stuff faked by them. It was only until the jacket pull that I saw it as a negative because they included it as evidence- when before they wouldn't. But I've seen them fake stuff for the camera before- one time I recall them turning around a corner and being awed that there's a ghost walking on this stage. Instead of getting the cameraman from Sci Fi to capture it, they just stand there in awe and go "oh, well now it's gone."

He's a very immature man-boy. I didn't really care for him on GH, and I hate watching GHI because I know he'll be on there. But I wouldn't use the word dork, nerd, or geek with him. He's just an outcast in general, wanting to be cool like Jason and Grant- when it's obvious they just want him to do stuff and do it right. At least until he moved on to GHI that is- which when GHI helped GH in one episode I noticed he wasn't there...hm...

I haven't seen the Clark USAFB episode.That's not the one were they went to Dayton,is it? I agree with you on the uniform business,that is disrespectful and an insult to serving Marines. Surprised no one there at the base called him on that.

No Clark AFB was in the Philippines, this was a GHI case. Clark was heavily damaged in a volcano eruption, and ultimately the USAF returned control of the land to the Philippine government in 1991. It had been a US military stronghold in the Asian Pacific since 1909 (maybe 1902, I forget). It was a major jumping off point during WW2 and VN. It had been abandoned and looted for years before eventually being rehabed into the Clark International Air Port, The Philipine government renamed the airport to someting else in 2003, I forget what it was though.

But the military hospital has never been touched and has been left abandoned, that place is way spooky and haunted for sure.

The other case on that episode was from an old Catholic monastery, that had been converted into a Hotel, which ran out of money and had been abandoned. It ended up being homeless people living on the property there.

What did Brian do in the AirForce, anybody know? I thought on one of the episodes he mentioned security,and something about some missile base,guess he was an mp. He sure didn't work military intelligence.

He was a missile thrower,.......what we called them anyway. He was the guy (one of them) who sat in a Minuteman missile silo awaiting the word to push the button and launch us into nuclear WW3.

As far as Grant and the Queen Mary, I heard somewhere that SUPPOSEDLY a TAPS member did the bed spread pull , and when they discovered it, this person got kicked out of TAPS.But I also heard some people believe it was one of the staff that did it.I think it was on some ghost show,....

I will look into that, I thought it was the QM staff also.

Now I don't know Grant's health problems, but it might be Grant isn't drunk, but on some sort of medication which might make him a little out of it at times.

Like I said, I have seen people twisted on xanax who look and act the same way, it might not be booze.... but it is something.

I like to see the different locations GHI goes to. I do wish that some places they would go to again, like Lucedio,the haunted monastery, maybe Frankenstein's Castle, or some other place. There are some interesting haunted places in Australia, and tons in Europe.

Me too! I loved my years living all over the world, and visiting some of the very same places they go to now.

I liked when they went to Frankenstein's Castle with Josh Gates of Destination Truth. I'd like it if they went back to Lisheen Ruins in Ireland, and check out some other places there.

You mean Dracula's Castle? V'lad Dracul was a real person, Frankenstein was a fictional character by Mary Shelly. As far as the Lisheen Ruins, I didn't see GHI go there, I saw GH go there with Grant and Jason, and they asked Barry from GHI to join them because he had been there before, and because Steve is scared to fly and could not make the trip.

Holly,

This was a great conversation with you, a great experience. I am glad you posted your remarks.

Semper Fi

I have never seen GHI, But as for GH... Well, let's say it's a fun show and fun to watch... But I don't take it seriously.

That remindes me, I think the new season of GH starts tonight.

( And if Jason and Grant want to for-go the fabricated opening scene where they're snaking out a plugged toilet, that would be fine and dandy by me ) :D

I don't take GH very seriously, either, and several people on GHI irritate me pretty effectively.

But I haven't seen anything I would call "proof" that they are faking anything.

I've seen the footage, and yes, I've seen where timestamps were blown up or moved in post.

That is no basis for going around saying they fake stuff. That's not a nice thing to say.

Maybe I'm not aware of some new and better evidence that shows them to be frauds. But in the recent past, those few things were enough to make some people entirely comfortable declaring them wholesale liars and cheaters.

And I'm sorry, but speculation that any of them is on drugs is not very nice, either.

If we are joking around and saying so-and-so looks like he's on drugs, that's one thing. It's another to propose it seriously.

I would like to push Dustin and his stupid backwards inverted visor down a flight of stairs myself, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a liar or a drug addict without some ironclad proof.

I would also like to punch Zak Bagans in the gut. I have feeble arms, and he is a big weightlifter. So it wouldn't hurt him much. :D

So they do a K2 session with the K2 meter sitting on the electrical control box of the hot water heater..........

Why not just open the electrical panel, and set the thing over top of the main breaker....

Come on guys, you have told people for 5 years what a K2 meter is, and how it feeds off of the ELECTROmagnetic energy in a space. So if you are going to do an K2 session in a space where there is still electricity........why would you set it down ontop of the box where the electricity for the hot water tank ties in from the panel.

I just don't know anymore, and Grant summed it up for us all....

"Come on, we are not taking your bullcrap, anymore".

Semper Fi

I don't take GH very seriously, either, and several people on GHI irritate me pretty effectively.

But I haven't seen anything I would call "proof" that they are faking anything.

I've seen the footage, and yes, I've seen where timestamps were blown up or moved in post.

That is no basis for going around saying they fake stuff. That's not a nice thing to say.

Maybe I'm not aware of some new and better evidence that shows them to be frauds. But in the recent past, those few things were enough to make some people entirely comfortable declaring them wholesale liars and cheaters.

Well we were not talking about the GHI team we were talking about the GH TAPS team, but specifically Grant Wilson, not Jason or anyone else on the team. And I take it you have not seen the "coat tug", or the "shadow man", or the "Soldier's Cap", or the "Lamp Cord pull" evidence? Do a google or a Bing search for "Ghost Hunters Fake" and you will see it all come up.

And I'm sorry, but speculation that any of them is on drugs is not very nice, either.

If we are joking around and saying so-and-so looks like he's on drugs, that's one thing. It's another to propose it seriously.

I didn't say it to be nice, I said it to be frank. That is why thankfully that being politically correct isn't a law, I reserve the right to offend whomever I choose. I have seen enough drunks, and people abusing drugs to know them when I see them. I have seen it in three scenarios, one as a bar owner, manager, and bouncer; two as a substance abuse counselor for my battalion, and three as receiving indoc at the regional jail when they drag them in for DWI, and coordinated drug busts.

I would like to push Dustin and his stupid backwards inverted visor down a flight of stairs myself, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him a liar or a drug addict without some ironclad proof.

We were not talking about Dustin from GHI, we are talking about Grant Wilson from GH and TAPS

I would also like to punch Zak Bagans in the gut. I have feeble arms, and he is a big weightlifter. So it wouldn't hurt him much. :D

I know, Zack is a tough guy....until he sees a snake, or gets scratched, or sees a shadow. And then he screams like a school girl. His posture at times when he walks around all puffed out is comical. But I do admit they get results.....

Semper Fi

Edited by ReconMarine

I have stopped watching, too much BS over the last couple of seasons. And U can read all the threads here and see GH has been sliding downward for sometime.

I didn't say it to be nice, I said it to be frank. That is why thankfully that being politically correct isn't a law, I reserve the right to offend whomever I choose. I have seen enough drunks, and people abusing drugs to know them when I see them.

Are you absolutely sure? Because if you're wrong, your remarks are tantamount to libel.

But if you are comfortable choosing whom to offend in this fashion, that is your choice.

Just don't complain when people are offended by it.

BTW, "are you absolutely sure" is a rhetorical question. There is no way you could be sure that Grant is drunk or abusing drugs from watching that show.

We were not talking about Dustin from GHI, we are talking about Grant Wilson from GH and TAPS

I know that. I was using Dustin as an example. He annoys me, but that is no call to libel or slander him. Similarly, whatever your objections are to Grant or Jason's behavior, they do not justify libel or slander.

Yes, I've seen all the footage you are referencing.

I don't see any prima facie evidence of fraud on the part of GH.

If you are comfortable attempting to destroy their reputations based on whatever you have inferred from that footage, then you are seeing something that I'm not seeing there.

I want to be nice about it, but you are basically saying that you are OK with character assassination, and you will do it to whomever you choose. That is called a nasty attitude.

You call it frankness. But real frankness-- honesty, that is-- demands that we not pretend to KNOW what we do not in fact KNOW, and that we not spread rumors and gossip about the characters of persons we do not know.

That is not PC. It's basic decency.

I'm all for throwing fruit at the clowns on stage, but what you are doing is a little too mean for my tastes. There is far too much of it in this field already.

Do a google or a Bing search for "Ghost Hunters Fake" and you will see it all come up.

BTW, I have done this more than once.

To me, the speculation you see out there barely rises to the level of gossip and is not good enough to justify stating flatly that they "fake evidence."

To you, it is good enough. So that is our difference.

It is one thing to say that a piece of footage is unconvincing or arouses suspicion, given one reason or another. I think that's fair.

It is another thing to say they are proven frauds.

Derek Acorah got caught faking it. He was busted wide open. So if someone wants to pile on old Derek and say he fakes evidence, well, how could I object? It's true, he got caught.

With GH, I don't see the justification.

Dubious, fine. Suspicious, OK. Proven frauds? Drunks or drug abusers? No, I think that's gossip and malicious rumor and not much more.

They seem like good guys to me, and I will continue to think so until they're proven otherwise.

BTW, I have done this more than once.

To me, the speculation you see out there barely rises to the level of gossip and is not good enough to justify stating flatly that they "fake evidence."

To you, it is good enough. So that is our difference.

It is one thing to say that a piece of footage is unconvincing or arouses suspicion, given one reason or another. I think that's fair.

It is another thing to say they are proven frauds.

Derek Acorah got caught faking it. He was busted wide open. So if someone wants to pile on old Derek and say he fakes evidence, well, how could I object? It's true, he got caught.

With GH, I don't see the justification.

Dubious, fine. Suspicious, OK. Proven frauds? Drunks or drug abusers? No, I think that's gossip and malicious rumor and not much more.

They seem like good guys to me, and I will continue to think so until they're proven otherwise.

Ummmmm so you ignore the leg and tennis shoe sticking out from under the "shadow man" blanket at Eastern State, even though Grant and Jason delivered it as evidence, AFTER the footage was altered to play in reverse? The footage was stopped prior to the leg showing on the TV show and played in reverse, but the raw footage when played to completion showed the guy run up, turn and then run back with his body partly uncovered.

The footage was altered, and delivered to the client POST PRODUCTION by Grant and Jason, that is culpability.

You ignore the lamp moving at the Stanley Hotel, where the raw video clearly shows that Grant moved his chair closer to the table. That the cord was moved from it's position under the picture frame at the back of the table, and that Grant's hand UNDER HIS COAT was right next to the cords new position where it was now "magically" being supported in free air.

And that is just two of the instances, not to mention the one I posted earlier from last nights new episode where they do a K2 session with the device laying on a electrical junction box for the hot water heater....

And please feel free to contact TAPS and report my libelous comments about Grant and his apparent substance abuse, I would love to be challenged in court. My first action would be to compell him to provide a drug screen, see in a civil action, the suitor is required to prove the libelous action, If he wants to call me a liar then he has to prove I am lying by taking the drug screen and coming up clean.

And no I don't care if someone is offended by what I have to say, if you do not like what I have to say.........don't read it.

Semper Fi

And no I don't care if someone is offended by what I have to say, if you do not like what I have to say.........don't read it.

I am way ahead of you on that one! :tu:

In response to the comment ReconMarine made earlier...about the k2 meter on the electric box...

I was thinking the very same thing, why would they set it there? I didn't think too much about it until reading your post. Funny! I still love those guys though. They crack me up, very entertaining to watch. I see Steve got Tango to spaz out last night! Good stuff.

In response to the comment ReconMarine made earlier...about the k2 meter on the electric box...

I was thinking the very same thing, why would they set it there? I didn't think too much about it until reading your post. Funny! I still love those guys though. They crack me up, very entertaining to watch. I see Steve got Tango to spaz out last night! Good stuff.

I thought he had been electrocuted or something........ it was a little honey bee, lord he is a spazz

But hilarious none the less! :lol:

Semper Fi