Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Major forum update coming soon

Saru

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• behaviour???

• The Silver Thong

• Blood_Sacrifice

It seems as though members here are having problems grasping what the new layout would look like, and how the forum would be, then. There is a risk that our old, existing members may not like the new look; not everyone is capable of getting used to changes, even if it is for the betterment. Therefore, I feel the new layout/look needs to be posted here (as a form of picture), so that members may see it, know how it would be, get mentally/emotionally prepared for the change and, furthermore, comment on it, constructively criticize the negative aspects, which then could be settled.

EDIT: 'Soon' does not show anything. Wold like to know the exact date, or at least an idea when this is going to happen.

Edited by Blood_Sacrifice

Will the Debate system be reworked in this update?

Thanks

B???

EDIT: 'Soon' does not show anything. Wold like to know the exact date, or at least an idea when this is going to happen

I second...

Thanks

B???

one question though, will the conversation feature be like IM?

More like a private forum thread than an instant messanger.

It seems as though members here are having problems grasping what the new layout would look like, and how the forum would be, then. There is a risk that our old, existing members may not like the new look; not everyone is capable of getting used to changes, even if it is for the betterment. Therefore, I feel the new layout/look needs to be posted here (as a form of picture), so that members may see it, know how it would be, get mentally/emotionally prepared for the change and, furthermore, comment on it, constructively criticize the negative aspects, which then could be settled.

Unfortunately its not really practical to provide screenshots at this time, suffice to say there will be plenty of opportunity to report problems or suggest changes once the system is up and running. The new design is very similar to the existing one so that while it is fresher and more refined it is also familiar enough so that visitors will still immediately recognise it as the UM forums.

'Soon' does not show anything. Wold like to know the exact date, or at least an idea when this is going to happen

I can't give you a specific date, my best estimate is that it will be ready this coming week unless any problems crop up in which case it could be pushed back to the week after.

Will the Debate system be reworked in this update?

We will be returning to manually organised debates, the automatic debate system is being scrapped.

Hope to see it this week! *crosses fingers* :tsu::sk

Will there be more smilies added? :hmm:

Edited by Fell

This sounds like when sainsbury's change the placing of isle's making it harder to find the things you found so easily before. :(

Don't change the blue.... I like the blue....blue's good, it's easy on the eyes...

The blue design is Saru's conspiracy to keep us here longer. Blue light keeps us more alert and less sleepy, meaning all those late nights you've spend here reading is part of his master plan. :P

OMG! RLY?!

D:

NO!

Don't change the blue.... I like the blue....blue's good, it's easy on the eyes...

If not?

Oh, Saru. Will be still have "About Us" thing?

I wondered about this update ever since I've joined. With the one we have right now, there are lots of restrictions. With IPB 3.0, it will, definitely, make a HUGE difference. There are tons and tons of codes that you can add if you want and yes, the PM and profile will be much, much better. Besides, I, do, think it's time for a change. Been using this skin for ages now, lol.

It should be interesting to see what you have planned for the board. Looking forward to it.

lol- thanx for the warning saru,

*hopefully its not all funky and weird looking like the new c2c pages.

This update has been postponed following a hardware failure.

More details to follow once it has been rescheduled.

In the very near future we will be updating the UM forums to the new Invision Board 3.0 board software, this will bring about a whole host of new features and changes that will both improve and expand upon the existing system.

Private Messanger Revamp

Members will be able to have "Conversations" with other members, a "Conversation" is a new concept that allows you to have a back and forth discussion with someone via PM in much the same way as if you were posting in a forum thread and is a lot easier than sending individual replies. As we expect this feature to be very popular we are doubling PM inbox size so you can send and receive twice as many PMs.

This is simply brilliant. :clap:

Sorry to read about the hardward issues here, but thrilled to see these new changes coming soon. Can't wait...!

Thank you...! :tsu: