Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Server failure 48-hour-rollback

Saru

This is not the announcement I was hoping to make this morning, a couple of hours before work was due to start on upgrading the forum to IPB 3.0 our main database hard drive suffered a complete failure and took the server down with it. Our service provider was able to replace the disk and I was able to get the database server back on-line however the data that was on the failed drive is unrecoverable.

Fortunately we don't keep all our data in one place and as such I have restored the UM database from a backup however this means that we've had to undergo a 48 hour rollback - anything posted on the forum over the last two days has been lost.

I'd like to offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

The scheduled forum update has now also been postponed, more details on that will follow soon.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chemical-licker

• Admiral Danger

• Saru

• glyndowers heir

This is not the announcement I was hoping to make this morning, a couple of hours before work was due to start on upgrading the forum to IPB 3.0 our main database hard drive suffered a complete failure and took the server down with it. Our service provider was able to replace the disk and I was able to get the database server back on-line however the data that was on the failed drive is unrecoverable.

Fortunately we don't keep all our data in one place and as such I have restored the UM database from a backup however this means that we've had to undergo a 48 hour rollback - anything posted on the forum over the last two days has been lost.

I'd like to offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

The scheduled forum update has now also been postponed, more details on that will follow soon.

Bummer :(

Cheers,

Badeskov

Aww...that was bad....but I just cant wait for ther server to come

Note-This was not the statement I was hoping to make this morning

Thanks

B???

That explains why some of my posts disappeared.

What a shame. I hope things get fixed soon.

Bummer - we'll spare your life this time Saru. :D

This will thoroughly confuse a lot of people whose threads about UFO sightings, etc, have mysteriously disappeared.

This will thoroughly confuse a lot of people whose threads about UFO sightings, etc, have mysteriously disappeared.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

:lol: Indeed :rofl:

Another hard drive failed? Did you consider switching the server to a RAID setup, or is that out of your hands?

Edited by JackoftheFools

Another hard drive failed? Did you consider switching the server to a RAID setup?

Given the recent hard drive failures the possibility of changing to a RAID setup is something i'll be looking in to.

The bill hill star wars thread... gon..... gon.....gone?

Why must everything go, in the end.... why? :cry:

why can't I smell the flowers?

No worries.

Freakin' CIA!

Someone must have shared something they didn't want known by the general public and the black helicopters attacked the hard drive. :ph34r:

The bill hill star wars thread... gon..... gon.....gone?

Why must everything go, in the end.... why? :cry:

I think that that thread was the cause. :unsure2:

because the flowers have all been chopped down to make way for another council estate full of immigrants :(

Do we restart the threads that were lost or do we just let them be forgotten??

Must be an Unexplained Mystery :lol:

Do we restart the threads that were lost or do we just let them be forgotten??

Please feel free to restart any threads that were lost in the crash. :tu:

Don't worry about it mate. But seriouslt, you might want to look into RAID, and maybe automated flash archiving once a day. Allows for fast archiving without having to shut down the services for even a minute. We use it on our SAN at work, works quite nicely.