Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman with fear of snakes finds python in

Still Waters

A woman in Chard, Somerset, with a fear of snakes opened a shopping bag and found a three-foot long python curled up inside.

Lesley Coles, 63, made the frightening discovery at her home. She was planning to go shopping in town and went to get a hessian shopping bag from the bottom of a cupboard.

But after her pet papillon cross dog, Trixie, started barking frantically she immediately dropped the bag on the floor.

"I looked inside and I saw a snake," she said. "I'm terrified of snakes and I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I was shaking for ages afterwards - I was scared to death.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Nyx_

• Cajun Wolfman

• Mr  Honeybadger

• susieice

Top Posters In This Topic

my sister found a copperhead wrapped around a box of cereal in her cupboard once...she's still traumatized...

i would too....i wonder how it got in her kitchen?

i would too....i wonder how it got in her kitchen?

at the time she was living in this really scuzzy trailer and they ended up finding 2 more plus a big black snake that apparently was stalking the copperheads..she moved out after that...she swore that for a couple weeks before finding them she kept smelling cucumbers; which is a characteristic of copperheads...

at the time she was living in this really scuzzy trailer and they ended up finding 2 more plus a big black snake that apparently was stalking the copperheads..she moved out after that...she swore that for a couple weeks before finding them she kept smelling cucumbers; which is a characteristic of copperheads...

i would have been gone too......like the speed of light

i would have been gone too......like the speed of light

yeah, she wasted no time finding somewhere else to live....she'll also never live down the full blown hysteria she caused, either :lol:

yeah, she wasted no time finding somewhere else to live....she'll also never live down the full blown hysteria she caused, either :lol:

i :D heard that

I'd still be searching every inch of my new house before anyone got any peace :innocent:

I used to have pet birds, and always had trouble with snakes getting into the bird cages.

One day I was grabbing my tackle box and a snake was right behind it.

Did I mention that this was in my bedroom?

Well, good thing her pets didn't end up as dinner.

We get black rat snakes around here all the time. Found one in the bathtub once. They don't bother me much, though. They keep out the field mice. Something venomous on the other hand...

The stories here brought some memories of my grandparents huge bird-bath out on the front lawn, one day I caught a glance of it and noticed small frogs leaping all around in it until it stopped. I was curious and walked slowly towards it and out slithered a snake. It made its way to the sideyard where thier garden was and so I followed it for a while until my grandfather yelled at me, "Get away from it!" I caused quite an uproar after I yelling "snake! snake! snake!" He grabbed a shovel and went and killed it and then showed it to me. It was big to me for I was only five.

I'm glad the python was rehomed!

How did it get in there??