Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientist admits to study of Roswell debris!

morrison1976

Very good Ra!! I do in fact know about Harlequin Ichthyosis, problem being, so should the Pravda reporters ;)

http://english.pravda.ru/photo/report/mutant-3050/1/

Dog gives birth to mutant creature that resembles human being. This one i agree with you that sounds odd. I think that reporter was too early out from bed and was apparantly not thinking clear when he made such a headline.

Still it does look like a puppy to me, but i think that poor puppy suffer of a kind of a skin disease or some other odd disease, maybe this puppy is filled up with liquid just under the skin, just a thought.

I agree, that headline is too "Off road", Psyche101 :)

See what I mean? You can at least see that what is important is to sell papers, not the truth. The truth does not fill your shopping trolley with groceries is the problem. Not a reporters fault, it is the readers if anyone's.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ra_Sun-God

• badeskov

• psyche101

• skyeagle409

Might be best to move this to crypto, m8, I assure you as a person who lives smack bang in the middle of a purported Yowie hotspot they are indeed made up and do not exist.

A Wombat is not claimed to be an 800 pound Biped! LOL. Bit of difference there, for a good heads up as to why there is no Yowie, look up Meganthropus.

See ya in Cryptozoology with this one?

You're right, it's best to move it to Crypto. You have a point there regarding Yeti, the reported Yeti sightings are rare generally. So Yeti still remains as a myth/legend. I agree, a wombat is not that big, LOL.

So far so good i've started one thread "Russian Yeti" in Crypto. And if i'm able to make research enough regarding Yowie then i considering to make a Yowie thread in Crypto too.

See ya in Crypto :)

Very good Ra!! I do in fact know about Harlequin Ichthyosis, problem being, so should the Pravda reporters ;)

See what I mean? You can at least see that what is important is to sell papers, not the truth. The truth does not fill your shopping trolley with groceries is the problem. Not a reporters fault, it is the readers if anyone's.

It just shows that Journalists/reporters have hit the readers' weak point. The Journalists/reporters have found out how to catch readers' attention by making incredible headlines, what ever it is the truth or not the truth, depending on what the report is about. The truth or not the truth, the Journalists tactic is to make headlines as attractive as possible. Here is a good example:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,524835,00.html

Large Chunks of Air France Jet Found in Atlantic Ocean

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/subjects/a/airplane_accidents_and_incidents/air_france_flight_447/index.html New York Times

Air France Flight 447

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525117,00.html

Air France Crash Investigation Eyes Speed Instrument Malfunction

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124607165106964441.html

Northwest Jet Suffers Similar Malfunctions to Air France Flight

The above mentioned headlines seems true enough.

Then there is a headline like this:

http://www.themorningstarr.co.uk/2009/09/03/goat-gives-birth-to-a-half-human-half-goat-hybrid/

Goat Gives Birth To A Half Human Half Goat Hybrid

And this one:

http://english.pravda.ru/photo/report/mutant-3050

Dog gives birth to mutant creature that resembles human being And i can assure you that if the Fall of the Soviet Union never occoured then there could had been a good chance that that reporter immediately was sent to a prisoner camp in Siberia for not making his job properly! :P

Edited by Ra_Sun-God

The debris was from a crashed Project Mogul ultra-high altitude surveilance balloon.

Never happened.

There was no such flight as official records have shown. it has been determined that the Air Force made up that story and in fact, it was known that any nuclar blast could be detected by nuclear fallout and as it was, the Soviet's frist nuclear blast was in fact, detect by nuclear fallout sensors attached to a B-29, not a Mogul balloon train.

Goes to show how effectively the Air Force pulled a fast one.

Edited by skyeagle409

The debris was from a crashed Project Mogul ultra-high altitude surveilance balloon. It was the early stages of the Cold War in 1949, and US had warnings of Soviet development of an atomic bomb. They desperatley needed to know what was going on. There were no aircraft anywhere in the world at that time (pre-U-2, SR-71 and satillites) that had the range, speed and maximum ceiling to avoid detection and interception by Soviet fighters, and missles. But weather balloons regulalry rose to heights of over 100,000 feet, and propelled by the stratospheric Jet Stream winds, could reach speeds in excess of 100 mph. Since no fuel was required, a balloons range was theoritcally unlimited, until the gas leaked out from the porous bag. Since the leakage was a known and measurable quantity, it was possible to calculate where the balloons would land, to be recovered in friendly territory. All that was needed was a super-high resolution camera to install on the balloons, and over-flights of Soviet nuclear facillites would be a real possibily.

A remarkable camera (for that time) was designed from the high-resolution cameras used by WW-II recconasance aircraft that was so sensitive that it could take a photo of a car from 150,000 feet, and the license tag could be read (fantastic for 1949 technology). Needless to say, this camera was one of the most classified pieces of equipment in the US inventory, right along with our radio codes. Its very existence was not even generally known outside of the intellegence community until the mid 1970s. Also, it was known that sound, nuclear, and electrical fallout bounce around in the upper atmosphere and can be meaured, so these balloons also had sensitive classified listening and measuring gear onboard. There were actually three ongoing operations with these balloons: Project Mogul, Project Skyhook, and Project Moby Dick. They were all aimed at gathering intelligence from the Soviet Union. They were eventually replaced with the advent of the high flying U-2, the SR-71 and Surveilance Satillites.

At some point, one of the ballons malfunctioned and instead of rising to it's operating altitude, simply stayed close to the ground and crashed in Roswell, NM. The Military was desperate to recover the camera, and electronic equipment. When it was discovered that some of the debris was found by a civilian, and was unfamiliar to him, the military 'leaked' a story about recovering a UFO to cover the equipments true purpose (some things never change). It was so successful that even after discolsure, the story still perpetuates today.

A simple incident, yet it has lead to a multitude of whacky conclusions. The human mind, what a marvelous thing it is indeed!

I must say, gosh it is refreshing to see a new member forward this. Most seem to come in here looking for Aleinz. A Hearty welcome gigmatser to UM. You would know the model/make of the camera by chance? I would be interested in nosing through the specification on it if I can dig it up.

It just shows that Journalists/reporters have hit the readers' weak point. The Journalists/reporters have found out how to catch readers' attention by making incredible headlines, what ever it is the truth or not the truth, depending on what the report is about. The truth or not the truth, the Journalists tactic is to make headlines as attractive as possible. Here is a good example:

*SNIP*

That is completely right, we cannot blame, nor be angry with them, everyone need to put food on the table ;)

Imagine the technological windfall. Two peasants come across downed balloon. "Comrade, the Imperialist dogs have given us this present, this amazing new material. Is very very unbreakable, it cannot be cut or torn by human agency. "

"Amazing, comrade! We can use it to patch the hole in the roof of the pig shed!"

I can remember when an F-117 stealth fighter was shot down and its top secret canopy was found by a man who used it as a dog house for his dog.