Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if nothing happening...

Wakingfinnegan

The Hopi tribe, Well not being quite so knowledgeable about them, I can't really say anything about them, although I can quote an article I really liked, from a few years ago. I'll add the link, for those that would like to read the entire article. It's quite a good read.

I'm also not terribly knowledgeable about the Hopi, and in the minor in anthropology I pursued for my first college degree I concentrated on the Plains Indians, but it was also necessary to study Indians of the Southwest. The article to which you linked us explains it well. As with other Indians the Hopi believe their world has consisted of four stages or four "worlds," and we're currently in the fourth. They do predict it will end, but only in vague and amorphous terms. They do not specifically hold that 2012 will be the year.

It's quite a stretch to tie in the Hopi with the Maya calendar and the end of its stage in 2012. There's no meaningful connection.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSearcher

• Holy Cross

• kmt_sesh

• El-Basido

I'm also not terribly knowledgeable about the Hopi, and in the minor in anthropology I pursued for my first college degree I concentrated on the Plains Indians, but it was also necessary to study Indians of the Southwest. The article to which you linked us explains it well. As with other Indians the Hopi believe their world has consisted of four stages or four "worlds," and we're currently in the fourth. They do predict it will end, but only in vague and amorphous terms. They do not specifically hold that 2012 will be the year.

It's quite a stretch to tie in the Hopi with the Maya calendar and the end of its stage in 2012. There's no meaningful connection.

That's what I understood too, the predictions are quite vague and amorphous, which makes the liable to be interpreted any way you want. If you want to know what they actually mean and if they have any connection to what is commonly believed to be 2012 / armageddon / Planet X / Galactic alignement / etc...., then we should either ask a scholar familiar with the Hopi, or a Hopi elder. I'd be more enclined to believe either of those, than some wild claims on the internet.

Here are a few other peoples of the earth that predicted a 2012 event: The Real Merlin, the Welsh called him Merlin Of The Wild, Sybil- The Roman Oracle, Mother Shipton, and The Hopi. All of these people said that a event that would shake the earth would happen in 2012. Sybil- The Roman Oracle said that fire would fall from the Heavens and very powerful earthquakes would shake the earh among other events which would effect the earth and its peoples.

Do you have any links of where you're getting this information? Because I've never heard of any of these claims.

And to answer the OP when nothing happens people will just disappear until the next doomsday

I believe that this whole 2012 thing is a load of crap on one level: it's all media-driven. I believe that something will happen, but not catastrophic like some think. I think that an alien visitation/contact could happen. The Apocalypse is too early. Interesting idea, but nothing bad. Maybe animals will start speaking human language. Now that would be awesome!

I wholeheartedley agree, talking animals would be awesome, but budgie doesen't stop talking, so does that mean its already happened???? haha

I wholeheartedley agree, talking animals would be awesome, but budgie doesen't stop talking, so does that mean its already happened???? haha

My cats are already cheeky enough as it is, I don't really want them to be able to talk back too...

My cats are already cheeky enough as it is, I don't really want them to be able to talk back too...

Point taken, but there is the possibility of that cat becoming even more cheeky at 2012, albeit a slim one, but who knows???

I sorta dont wanna spoil anyhting but, what if nothing does happen???

Hysteria will be incited, which can lead to mass suicide, or murder, as people's brains implode and somehow think that it is called upon themselves to make a 'great change'.

Essentially, i'm puting money on people developing a god complex and deciding who lives and who dies.

(I mean no disrespect to anyone by saying this)

Edited by El-Basido

Something happens everyday. A day where nothing happens is a day when our existence is no more.

couldn't put that any better :tu:

I sorta dont wanna spoil anyhting but, what if nothing does happen???

Hysteria will be incited, which can lead to mass suicide, or murder, as people's brains implode and somehow think that it is called upon themselves to make a 'great change'.

Essentially, i'm puting money on people developing a god complex and deciding who lives and who dies.

(I mean no disrespect to anyone by saying this)

Well, we kind of assume that this will happen to a degree. It has happened every time one of these "end-of-days" dates arrived.