Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

www.jesus.com

ambelamba

Type the url. If you are a conventional devout Christian and have never visited the site, you will be disturbed. Yes, the url was practically hijacked by gay people who happened to be Christians.

I was really, really surprised that virtually no one discusses this. Probably most Christians are either ignorant about this or too embarrassed to acknowledge their existence. Well, let me clarify this. I don't like them very much largely because I've heard storied about people contracting HIV/AIDS from their churches and dying later on. And their brains seem to conveniently filter out any anti-gay messages from the Bible. And the members of Metropolitan Community Church say most Christians are reading the Bible in the wrong context. Ha!

See, this is why I believe human rationality is such a fragile one. The Pauline Christianity and Hebrew religion are overtly against homosexuality as a whole, and them members of MCC conveniently ignore that because their desire to worship Jesus simply overrode the capacity to read the Bible verses that are clearly anti-gay. They say, "Oh, it's all about against promiscuity, not about homosexuality itself." Well, people died of AIDS in MCC. And that tells something.

And for some strange reason Fred Phelps and his jolly bunch never, ever bothered with MCC. Maybe MCC filed a restraining order already? But seriously, I swear to Bozo the Clown that I've never ever heard about any non-gay churches out there ever mentioning about MCC and jesus.com.

I am really curious why. Is it a taboo to ever mention about them?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• IamsSon

• ambelamba

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Type the url. If you are a conventional devout Christian and have never visited the site, you will be disturbed. Yes, the url was practically hijacked by gay people who happened to be Christians.

I was really, really surprised that virtually no one discusses this. Probably most Christians are either ignorant about this or too embarrassed to acknowledge their existence. Well, let me clarify this. I don't like them very much largely because I've heard storied about people contracting HIV/AIDS from their churches and dying later on. And their brains seem to conveniently filter out any anti-gay messages from the Bible. And the members of Metropolitan Community Church say most Christians are reading the Bible in the wrong context. Ha!

See, this is why I believe human rationality is such a fragile one. The Pauline Christianity and Hebrew religion are overtly against homosexuality as a whole, and them members of MCC conveniently ignore that because their desire to worship Jesus simply overrode the capacity to read the Bible verses that are clearly anti-gay. They say, "Oh, it's all about against promiscuity, not about homosexuality itself." Well, people died of AIDS in MCC. And that tells something.

And for some strange reason Fred Phelps and his jolly bunch never, ever bothered with MCC. Maybe MCC filed a restraining order already? But seriously, I swear to Bozo the Clown that I've never ever heard about any non-gay churches out there ever mentioning about MCC and jesus.com.

MCC is very well known. I've been to a few services a long time ago. eh. it's church no matter how you slice it. People die of AIDS in all churches. Globally AIDS is a straight disease for the majority.

and yes the context of homosexuality is stated and aligned with temple prostitution, not about loving relationships , which is carried over into the NT but conveniently the 'prostitution' was left off.

why westboro hasn't ? I 'm not sure that he hasn't harassed gay christians. maybe he can't stand the thought of a bunch of gays praying for him ? forgiving him ? acting more christlike than he ?

I know that given the heightened interest in homosexuality and it's acceptance as a valid lifestyle, it is easy to see the Bible as being rabidly anti-homosexual. But in order to see it that way, you have to ignore the fact that according to "The Law" in the OT, disrespectful children were also supposed to be stoned to death, that men who had sexual relations with a woman during her period also faced severe punishment, that stoning to death was called for in many instances, and that in the NT, Jesus never specifically speaks out against homosexuality, and even Paul speaks of same gender sex right along with a whole host of other depravities and sin. Homosexuality is really not a sin that specifically stands out if one doesn't bring that expectation into their reading of Scripture.

I really believe that the anti-homosexual environment in "Christianity" exists because same gender sex is a sin that most Christians can easily identify as a sin--maybe THE sin--they have not committed. It is a way to make themselves feel better.

I know that given the heightened interest in homosexuality and it's acceptance as a valid lifestyle, it is easy to see the Bible as being rabidly anti-homosexual. But in order to see it that way, you have to ignore the fact that according to "The Law" in the OT, disrespectful children were also supposed to be stoned to death, that men who had sexual relations with a woman during her period also faced severe punishment, that stoning to death was called for in many instances, and that in the NT, Jesus never specifically speaks out against homosexuality, and even Paul speaks of same gender sex right along with a whole host of other depravities and sin. Homosexuality is really not a sin that specifically stands out if one doesn't bring that expectation into their reading of Scripture.

I really believe that the anti-homosexual environment in "Christianity" exists because same gender sex is a sin that most Christians can easily identify as a sin--maybe THE sin--they have not committed. It is a way to make themselves feel better.

that's pretty doggone insightful! Thanks man.

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

lol maybe.... or it maybe the one they feel shame about but enjoyed !! now feel conflicted . :D I hear it's a normal part of growing up for straight kids and straight drunk adults. or those guys who can manipulate their girlfriends into bringing a friend home , but that's ok.

There are a few anti-gay passages in the bible. As long as someone can find an anti-anything passage in the bible they can "back up" their behaviour and say they are compliant with Gods law...

Ridiculous if you ask me.

But very well put here IAMS.

that's pretty doggone insightful! Thanks man.

Indeed it was.....good job IamsSon :yes:

Edited by Kim81