Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IPB 3 status and support

Saru

I agree it will take some adjustment but overall I really liked it, even though I too prefer a bit darker, in consideration of the eyes. I also like the full line all the way across the post separating the post from the sig.

That said, I do have a few gripes:

1. the full reply's attachment and option(smileys) box/errata are massive and I have to scroll my entire page just to get down to the "Post" button - I can't just type my thing in and drag the mouse down a few inches and hit Post - it's nowhere to be seen. Quick reply looks fine.

2. In (quick) reply, the available buttons at the bottom under the last post are in terrible order - who uses "Watch Topic" more than hitting Reply, that would justify the first button not being Reply? Or Poll, also ahead of Reply. What the heck is Post News at all? =(

Edited by Paranormalcy

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• behaviour???

• Michelle

Wow, very nice Saru. It's like the new Star Trek bridge walking in here. :D Everything is fresh and clean.

me too .

is it me or is this poofier ? like 80's big hair ?

I don't remember this forum being darker. :no:

As for most people, change takes time to get used to. So far I'm really digging the new look and feel. The only thing that I wish this forum had was the original post date on topics on the new content page.

I don't believe we've ever had a dark background on the forum, its always been light coloured.

I wanted lime green type on a black background.

I may be being ironic here, but there's one or sites I can think of that do seem to think that that's a selling point.

1. the full reply's attachment and option(smileys) box/errata are massive and I have to scroll my entire page just to get down to the "Post" button - I can't just type my thing in and drag the mouse down a few inches and hit Post - it's nowhere to be seen.

There was actually meant to be a clickable box on the "options" section to expand it which wasn't working, i've now fixed this so that the options area is no longer expanded by default.

2. In (quick) reply, the available buttons at the bottom under the last post are in terrible order - who uses "Watch Topic" more than hitting Reply, that would justify the first button not being Reply? Or Poll, also ahead of Reply. What the heck is Post News at all? =(

It might be just me but I always read those buttons from right to left ( as they are on the right hand side of the page ) meaning the Reply button was first and Watch Topic is last. Not sure what to say there, they could be reversed if there was a high enough demand for that to be done.

Post News is what was previously labelled as the Article button, it provides a special form for members to post a new topic based on an external news story and makes it eligible for inclusion on the site's front page.

The only thing that I wish this forum had was the original post date on topics on the new content page.

Not sure how easy that would be to add, something to consider for a future update perhaps.

I like the new layout of our profiles. :)

Also, do we still have the personal assistant?

Edited by Fell

do we still have the personal assistant?

That's been removed I believe.

I didn't really use it to tell you the truth, what did it do ? :lol:

Ok. I'm sure this is something stupid that I've done but...

Why do I always start at the last post of a thread? I mean, I click on a thread, it loads and it has me at the end.

Did I break the forum?

Nibs

If you click the thread title it should take you to the first post, if you click the little red icon it'll take you to the last post in the thread that you haven't read yet.

Nope. Takes me right to the bottom of the page. I have to scroll to the top to read the OP and any following posts.

I'll poke around in my settings. I'm sure it's something I've done.

*broke the dvd player last night*

Nibs

If you click the thread title it should take you to the first post, if you click the little red icon it'll take you to the last post in the thread that you haven't read yet.

Hi Saru. When I go to my profile page it says "Mistydawn has not updated her status" but when I click "save" it remains the same wording?

Hi Saru. When I go to my profile page it says "Mistydawn has not updated her status" but when I click "save" it remains the same wording?

Can I ask which browser ( and if its IE which version ) you are using ?

Why does it say I'm not allowed to use the private message system? I can't open any messages or find a link to the PM area. I know you've updated just now so I understand it could be a technical thing that will later be resolved. Or is it just me?

The private messanger system is off-line completely while the conversion tool changes the old PMs across to the new format, it'll be down for another couple of hours or so.

hmmm... I dunno if i like the new style aesthetically...

I'll get used to it in time, I guess. :)

Nice...

I thought I'd drop in for a few minutes before I left for the weekend,just to see if the upgrade had gone through. I like it,although it make take me a little time to get used to. But I do like the new look. Keep up the great work,Saru! :)

Ok. I'm sure this is something stupid that I've done but...

Why do I always start at the last post of a thread? I mean, I click on a thread, it loads and it has me at the end.

Did I break the forum?

Nibs

This. I'm having the same problem and it's rather annoying. Rest of it looks ok. Will take some getting use to.

I prefer darker site backgrounds it is easier on the eyes, my eyes at least anyway.

I agree, I reckon that a light-to-mid blue background would be a huge improvement over the current white one.

So i loggged on today and noticed that the forum has changed...

I personally dislike it although not everything seems bad. It's mostly the cosmetic changes I don't like. the colour and overall look just doesn't do it for me. Just my opinion.

what does everyone else think

Hmmm. Well, I just clicked on "Go to the first unread post" in a seven-page long thread, which I had already read through, and it took my to the first post in it.

Aren't I special.

Hmmm. Well, I just clicked on "Go to the first unread post" in a seven-page long thread, which I had already read through, and it took my to the first post in it.

Aren't I special.

Same problem here, but I think it could just be that the upgrade process has either lost or reset our "last post read" status thingy.

Cz

Looks good, i like it. The visitor pics are small though and the profile quote would look better in black.