Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IPB 3 status and support

Saru

Oh, in the words of 1970s TV detective Columbo, and another thing. I keep getting confused by that box on the right that says "You are not watching any forums". I keep thinking, "yes I am, I'm watching this one".

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• behaviour???

• Michelle

I'm gonna have to agree to the color changes.

The 'BLIND YOU, EYE MELTING, MIGRAINE INDUCING' white background isn't working with me. I'm sitting here in sunglasses posting this, cause the bright white is causing me a headache.

The old light grey background wasn't as bad as the pure as virgin snow white, we have going on here.

Where did the "newest posts" button go?

Its now View New Content at the top right.

Regarding the background colour - we've received a lot of feedback commenting on the fact that the light grey background is difficult on the eyes and that the previous post background was preferrable, to address this i've gone ahead and changed the current background colour back to the same light blue colour we used to have before the update. I have to admit it fits in with the colour scheme quite well, have a try with that now and see what you think.

My issue (going to the last post) is all better.

I upgraded to IE 8.

Now it seems to be ok.

Nibs

I'm going to have to be another one who agrees that the whiter than white colour scheme/background is awful dazzling on the eyes. It's not at a comfortable reading level for reading in-depth articles or posts.

Regarding the background colour - we've received a lot of feedback commenting on the fact that the light grey background is difficult on the eyes and that the previous post background was preferrable, to address this i've gone ahead and changed the current background colour back to the same light blue colour we used to have before the update. I have to admit it fits in with the colour scheme quite well, have a try with that now and see what you think.

how about the white background in the forum index? it's slightly too white too, IMO... :)

I like this change, the other forum I frequent that Im a moderator on just recently switched over to IPB3 a few months ago. So Ive had some time to get use to the change.

Good stuff.

I have to admit it fits in with the colour scheme quite well, have a try with that now and see what you think.

I've just seen the changes take effect regarding this. It's easier on the eye now, thanks :tu:

how about the white background in the forum index? it's slightly too white too, IMO...

Nevermind, it's growing on me :)

I'll be making some other minor tweaks to the skin and colour scheme over the next few days so if you'd like to see something changed feel free to post your suggestions.

Some additional sidebar blocks will be coming soon as well.

I'll be making some other minor tweaks to the skin and colour scheme over the next few days so if you'd like to see something changed feel free to post your suggestions.

Some additional sidebar blocks will be coming soon as well.

Is it possible to make the little hot topic folder icons red instead of brown or orange? :hmm:

The private messanger system is off-line completely while the conversion tool changes the old PMs across to the new format, it'll be down for another couple of hours or so.

I was going to post a question about PM's but scrolled to see you already have that answered lol....

When I logged on I thought - wow this looks good...easy to use...but was stumpted on the PM's LOL

Thanks

The new layout took a few hours to get used to but it looks great, really smart.

:tu:

Okay, Saru, I can't help but notice you're the only one working on this so let me make things easier for you by suggesting that you get whole new skins from IPB premium and load them here. This would also give the members the option to choose which skin they'd prefer.

I'm telling you now, editing this skin (which sucks, btw, lol, not your fault, it's the IPB default skin, lol) to everyone's preference would take a lot of your time, I know because I make skins, myself. And judging to what this skin is created, there are quiet a few things that need to be edited to make it friendly to our eyes, and easier to maneuver. Just want to make things easier for you, hun.

It needs a lot of getting used to but this change is good. The lay out could be better but I'm sure we'll get there. Thanks for all your hard work, Saru. You're awesome!:tu:

There used to be a button at the bottom left of each post that took you to the top of the page that isn't there any more. :unsure2:

Also, the go to last post at the beginning of each thread is gone.

Just checking the edit button.

Edited by Michelle

What does the multi in multiquote mean?

What's up with the color scheme? Missing my UM Blue :(

What does the multi in multiquote mean?

Multiquote means that you can select more than one post to quote, such as like this.

The new layout took a few hours to get used to but it looks great, really smart.

:tu:

Is it possible to make the little hot topic folder icons red instead of brown or orange? :hmm:

Also, the go to last post at the beginning of each thread is gone.

It says the little folder will take you to the last post but it doesn't do anything when I click on it.

have you tried the little arrow beside where it says "Today By:" in the column on the right? That seems to take it to the last one in the desired thread.

Edited by 747400

I think it looks good. Like everything else when it's first changed, it just takes a bit of getting used to. I like it, well done :tu:

have you tried the little arrow beside where it says "Today By:" in the column on the right? That seems to take it to the last one in the desired thread.

That's the little bugger...thank you.

Another thing I've noticed is that you can't click on the number of replies to see who has posted in a thread anymore.

Overall though, I like the changes it's just going to take a little getting used to.

Update

The private messanger is now back up and running again.

I'll try to get some of the missing buttons and links mentioned added back in again.

Update

The private messanger is now back up and running again.

I'll try to get some of the missing buttons and links mentioned added back in again.

Thanks for all your hard work Saru, I am sure everyone will soon get used to the changes and then it will be business as usual :tu:

As others have said the site colour scheme does seem a lot brighter, could you tone it down just a little to stop my eyes bleeding - thanks B)