Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IPB 3 status and support

Saru

Update

The private messanger is now back up and running again.

I'll try to get some of the missing buttons and links mentioned added back in again.

Just noticed...and WOW more space too...

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• behaviour???

• Michelle

You know, Saru, I was browsing the forum and I'm actually starting to think this layout can be pretty cool, just add lines to separate the forums and topics and make the background color dirty white or light/med. gray and we're down to business.

Try these ones for the bg:

#C0C0C0

192 192 192

#A0A0A0

160 160 160

#FFFFE0

255 255 224

Or here's a link you where you can see different shades of grey: http://web.njit.edu/~kevin/rgb.txt.html#Black

Hope that helps. :)

Hi Saruman,

Is it all possible to add a filter that allows us to see just the threads we have participated in, when we click on the "View New Content" link?

The reason being that it would allow us to better control our particiaption on these threads. I'm going by memory at the moment but if I were participating in many threads, I'd get lost.

It was an option in the old format I used all the time so I'm sort of hanging in limbo right now... :lol:

PS - An alternative could be to add this as an individual button next to the "Watch Topic" button. Something along the lines of "Watched Topics list"

Thanks again for any help on this issue.

Edited by Jor-el

Is it all possible to add a filter that allows us to see just the threads we have participated in, when we click on the "View New Content" link?

I'll look in to this and see what I can do.

Where there ever be an option to view the site in the old format?

No there won't, however i'm sure after a few days using the new one you won't want to.

I just want to thank everyone who has posted constructive feedback and suggestions - as I say work is still ongoing to fix bugs and tweak the forum as things are still very new but i'm sure we'll get there very soon. :tu:

Excellent look and feel with the new board, Saru. I like it a lot. :tu:

Just one question, and I am sure it's a very stupid one: where do I go in my settings to change it so that when I click on a link in someone's post (such as a link to another website), that link will open up a new, separate browser window?

I hope I'm explaining this correctly. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

I'm glad the color tone is not so white. :D

I also like how windows dissolve instead of blink out. ;)

I also wanted to ask if you could change the folder icons for hot topics to red instead of the brown/orange color. :hmm:

Multiquote means that you can select more than one post to quote, such as like this.

I figured it out, usually I just hit the reply button thats under each post...you have to hit the reply button at the bottom of the page or Multiquote doesn't work

Edited by Cadetak

That layout was very fine ...I have not checked out the entire thing but I am sure it will be fine

Thanks for all the good and hard work Saru....

Briefing about the debates system please...

Thanks

B???

Excellent look and feel with the new board, Saru. I like it a lot. :tu:

Just one question, and I am sure it's a very stupid one: where do I go in my settings to change it so that when I click on a link in someone's post (such as a link to another website), that link will open up a new, separate browser window?

I hope I'm explaining this correctly. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Right click on the mouse and select Open Link In New Window....Thats the only method I know

Thanks

B???

Could you lead me to how to edit my Custom title?

Never mind...I got it

Thanks

B???

Edited by behaviour???

Can I ask which browser ( and if its IE which version ) you are using ?

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you Saru! I have "Firefox"........ am I supposed to type something into the box before I click on 'save'?

The problem im having is the site is so slow :( It takes about ten/twenty seconds to change a page, or post. Dont know if anyone else is having the same problem :(

Apologies to those I haven't directly responded to yet, I will get to you.

The problem im having is the site is so slow :( It takes about ten/twenty seconds to change a page, or post. Dont know if anyone else is having the same problem :(

There will be some periods of slowness due to the number of maintenance tasks being run in the background, this will ease off once everything gets settled down following the update.

Update

Signatures and profile 'about me' pages have been rebuilt, an issue whereby these would turn in to HTML tags instead of BBCodes when you try to edit or update them has been fixed.

Hi Saru. When I go to my profile page it says "Mistydawn has not updated her status" but when I click "save" it remains the same wording?

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you Saru! I have "Firefox"........ am I supposed to type something into the box before I click on 'save' ?

What you need to do is click "update", enter a new status in to the box and then click "save". The status box is to let others know what you are up to, for instance you could write "is testing the status box".

There used to be a button at the bottom left of each post that took you to the top of the page that isn't there any more.

This is down on my list of things to do, the "top" button will be making a re-appearance.

All links to external sites should open in a new window however currently don't always do so, this is a known issue that i'm currently looking in to.

Update

All newly posted external links should now correctly open in a new window.

Test link

It's certainly different.

Personally, quote boxes that don't extend across most of the reply box and in a lighter shade of blue; default text when typing to be Arial, not Courier; and 'last edited box' to be much smaller and more discreet would be more to my idea of a clean forum.

However a forum that's working is just as satisfactory, and I do find that this new format is certainly more user friendly (not that the old one wasn't any less user friendly... new car smell perhaps :unsure2: ).

I particularly like the 'conversation' aspect of the PMs. Certainly much tidier (and easier to keep tack of messages) than seperate Inbox and Sent Items folders :tu:

I dont like the look/ layout of it. Its a bit too my face /spacebook for me (but im old and set in my ways.)

Given my altzheimers i'll probably soon forget what the old layout looked like :wacko:

A more serious question which doesnt seem to be affecting others (from the posts so far). Is there any reason why everything is clunkier and slower. Im using the same computer and everything, but responses are about 4 times slower. Often i have to hit a button/icon more than once, especially the reply button (It happened again when i tried to post here. First time nothing happened. Even the letters etc. coming off the typing are lagging; so for example a comma wont appear until after ive completed a word.

woops read the first 3 pages but missed the posts above. Sounds like this is only a temp. problem.

Is that likely to be a general problem, or something i have to fix within my system (hopefully not the latter, because im a techno luddite) Given the amount i write, it is already getting very frustrating. PS for such a major change it has worked very well. Change stresses me out, and the fact that im coping so far means it actually was a relatively smooth transition. :tu:

Im going to assume that my avatar "photo" which has disappeared from my posts but reamins on my profile page just needs redoing/loading.

Edited by Mr Walker

:angry2: still not been changed back, customers are supposed to be listened to their 100% right but in here it seems:angry2:

I'm seriously kicking server butt if it doesn't go back back to the old version, And I will tell my mum too:lol: