Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IPB 3 status and support

Saru

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• behaviour???

• Michelle

Oh hey... did you know that when you are typing a response, if you click the arrow on the "fonts" drop-down menu the fonts are layered underneath the Unexplained-Mysteries logo and also the "Home, Forum, Members...(and so on)" line? Not sure if you noticed that yet

Ok this does seem to happen in versions of Internet Explorer older than 8, its quite minor as most of the time there's either enough room for the menu or the menu will open downwards rather than upwards, however i've submitted this to the Invision Board bug tracker and we'll see if they fix it in the next patch release.

By the way for IE6 users the new colour scheme will be up on the site tomorrow, unfortunately there's a whole seperate skin for IE6 so it takes a bit longer to develop than the standard version for modern browsers.

Ok this does seem to happen in versions of Internet Explorer older than 8, its quite minor as most of the time there's either enough room for the menu or the menu will open downwards rather than upwards, however i've submitted this to the Invision Board bug tracker and we'll see if they fix it in the next patch release.

Ok no worries. I don't use it anyways but others might so I figured you might want to know. I just tried it again with this reply and it's STILL doing it. Oh well... I love what you've done with the colors and I feel like it's the same as before, only better :yes:

Hi Saru,

Having a problem quoting posts. Possibly this is an IE 6 issue since my work computer has IE 6 and hasn't been upgraded in god only knows how long and unfortunately, I am not able to update it on my own (security permissions, etc.)

Please have a look at my recent post here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41625&view=findpost&p=3052581

In the post prior to this one, I tried linking to an older post from a different thread. I pulled the link off that original post by taking the link from the post number (post # 372 on page 25 of teh "9/11 Cruise Missile Theory" thread). Following that link takes me to a completely different post and page in that original thread.

So I decided to quote the original post in my most recent post. It looks like the quote has pulled all the HTML code for that original post, not the BBcode.

I've also noticed a problem when I try to skip to a specific page number in a thread. Ror example:

We are here on page 11 in this thread. if I click on the box at the bottom left of the page that says "11 pages" (under "Share this topic:") the popdown window is essentially blank, with just a colour bar in it and nowhere to enter the desired page number.

Admittedly it could also be an IE 6 issue, but... ?

Cz

The issue with the quote turning in to code is because its a quote from an old post made before the update and the BBCodes are in a different format. I'm currently in the process of coding a fix for this ( which will also get the quotes in older posts to appear correctly as well ) and which should be ready in a day or two.

In the post prior to this one, I tried linking to an older post from a different thread. I pulled the link off that original post by taking the link from the post number (post # 372 on page 25 of teh "9/11 Cruise Missile Theory" thread). Following that link takes me to a completely different post and page in that original thread.

I'm going to need to run a few tests for this one, looks like a possible bug.

We are here on page 11 in this thread. if I click on the box at the bottom left of the page that says "11 pages" (under "Share this topic:") the popdown window is essentially blank, with just a colour bar in it and nowhere to enter the desired page number.

Admittedly it could also be an IE 6 issue, but... ?

Yep this seems to be an IE 6 skin issue, will try and fix this for the IE6 version of the design update tomorrow.

this new layout scares me :(

Dr. ..what did you mean on that other thread, where we are not allowed to discuss our likes/dislikes of the new lay-out??

You said, you think it has something to do with "things we have forgotten?" huh?

Saru, having read through all of this I applaud your work.

I was wondering though if there is an estimate as to when the processing will catch up to the "go to first unread post" in those threads that have not been read since the update.

Again, great work and it is greatly appreciated.

Update

A new revision of the colour scheme has now been implemented which takes on board a lot of the main complaints about the previous one and incorporates a lot of familiar colours from the old IPB theme.

A lot of the text has been made clearer, table borders are more pronounced, the quote boxes have been returned to the old familiar colours and the 'top' button has been re-added.

Note: This change isn't yet available for IE6 users.

As always if you find any bugs with these changes please let me know. Thanks. :tu:

Yes! :)

Very good work

Before I read the post, I thought I just got used to it lol. "Um Blue" is like one of my favorite colors!

Edited by Cadetak

ah, The quote issue seems to be sorted out now. It all seems to be back where it should be. I expect it was probably some temporary glitch while things were being moved about, or something.

Edited by 747400

Thanks Saru, now once I've been on here a bit and gotten used to it, it does look great! 2 thumbs up!!

I dont understand or get hold on the multi quote thingy... :unsure2:

Just wanted to know and how I could use it

Thanks

B???

I dont understand or get hold on the multi quote thingy... :unsure2:

Just wanted to know and how I could use it

Thanks

B???

if you want to quote more than one post, you can just click on 'Multiquote' and it puts them all in with your reply, like this.

Yes! :)

Very good work

Before I read the post, I thought I just got used to it lol. "Um Blue" is like one of my favorite colors!

Thanks Saru, now once I've been on here a bit and gotten used to it, it does look great! 2 thumbs up!!

This all new lay-out just doesn't have the "community feel" any more.:hmm:

When I press it...the icon just turns green and then what should I do?

Thanks

B???

Edited by behaviour???

Thanks

B???

You press the 'multi quote' button underneath of each of the posts you want to quote, and then you go all the way down to the bottom and click 'reply'. All the chosen quotes will show up in your reply box.

Edited by Hissie Sola

Thanks

B???

Multiquote, you mean? When you've clicked that, you then need to click "Reply", and the posts you've selected will come up in the reply box.

You press the 'multi quote' button underneath of each of the posts you want to quote, and then you go all the way down to the bottom and click 'reply'. All the chosen quotes will show up in your reply box.

Multiquote, you mean? When you've clicked that, you then need to click "Reply", and the posts you've selected will come up in the reply box.

I got that done...thanks for helping me out guys

Thanks

B???

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I did it!!! *does a dance*

I just messed up on another thread with this :blush:

I'm posting this for rosewin who is in the chatroom:

rosewin:i cant see any threads on the forum :/

rosewin:i click and it just loads and loads but stays blank

rosewin:i tried both firefox and ie yes pls email lol

rosewin:once i click i can see name of thread on tab right under url bar

rosewin:but it never loads

rosewin:yes i always clear cookies it slows pc down

rosewin: it says transferring data too but it never comes...something buggy

I suppose i can't be doing something right, (yes, something else :o ) but I tried a few things with the search function just now, and the same result came up each time. As an example:

Result

No results found for 'obama'.

That can't be right, surely. :cry:

I'm posting this for rosewin who is in the chatroom:

Thanks alot Owlie and Saru. I am logging in from notebook now and I can also see threads from my phone so it has something to do with my machine. These forums and the official IPB 3 forums are giving me the same issue so it is not U-M either. If anyone else has this issue post from another PC.

Thanks alot Owlie and Saru. I am logging in from notebook now and I can also see threads from my phone so it has something to do with my machine. These forums and the official IPB 3 forums are giving me the same issue so it is not U-M either. If anyone else has this issue post from another PC.

Yeah its a strange issue, I think its probably something to do with a firewall or plug-in on your computer that's blocking the javascript and therefore stopping the page from loading, not sure though.

Result

No results found for 'obama'.

Did you have the "forums" tab selected on the search results page ?

Yeah its a strange issue, I think its probably something to do with a firewall or plug-in on your computer that's blocking the javascript and therefore stopping the page from loading, not sure though.

You are right. I turned off the firewall and now I can view the threads. Now I have to figure out exactly what process I must white list now and I am set.

Edit: Alright I had to trust and accept this e2.42.84ae.static.theplanet.com so I could see the thread pages load. Is that OK?

My firewall was listing e2.42.84ae.static.theplanet.com as an intruder and listing the event as 'HTTP_IE_Script_HRAlign_Overflow'.

Edited by Rosewin

Did you have the "forums" tab selected on the search results page ?

Still

No results found for 'Obama'.

I also tried it with a few other commonly occurring words, such as "Roswell" and "Pentagon", but still seems to come up with that.