Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IPB 3 status and support

Saru

Update

The IE6 version of the updated skin design has now been implemented, had a few problems getting this one to work properly as IE6 is a complete pain when it comes to css.

Couple of bug fixes as well:

- Fixed IE6 issue where page jump box wasn't working

- Fixed IE6 css bug where the top line of the quote boxes would disappear

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• behaviour???

• Michelle

Edit: Alright I had to trust and accept this e2.42.84ae.static.theplanet.com so I could see the thread pages load. Is that OK?

My firewall was listing e2.42.84ae.static.theplanet.com as an intruder and listing the event as 'HTTP_IE_Script_HRAlign_Overflow'.

That's fine, it seems to be something in the javascript that its picking up.

Still

No results found for 'Obama'.

I also tried it with a few other commonly occurring words, such as "Roswell" and "Pentagon", but still seems to come up with that.

Hmm that's strange, I tried searching for those terms and got a full results set returned each time.

I'll run a few tests on this one I think.

Ok confirmed, the search box doesn't appear to return any post results for members.

Seems to be a known issue, submitting a ticket to Invision Board for this one.

The spell check has always been an external application, its never been integrated directly in to the forum as far as i'm aware.

Oh, yes, while I remember, the "Go to last unread post" arrow in the forum menus still seems to take you to the beginning of a thread, which can be a little inconvenient if it's about 300 pages long. :unsure2:

The little red icon is actually "go to first unread post" so if its a thread you haven't read yet or at least one that you haven't read since the update then it will take you to the beginning.

If you'd like to go to the last post made in the thread you need to click the little blue arrow icon or the date/time on the right hand side under the "last post info" column. Alternatively clicking on the last page number next to the topic title will take you to the top of the last page of the thread.

Will the feature return that shows who's posted in a thread when you click on the number of replies?

Will the feature return that shows who's posted in a thread when you click on the number of replies?

That feature is still here and works the same way as before.

That feature is still here and works the same way as before.

That's odd..it doesn't work for me.

What happens when you click on the number of replies and also, what browser/version are you using ?

Update

The forum search system is now working again.

What happens when you click on the number of replies and also, what browser/version are you using ?

I'm using IE8. It doesn't do anything when I click on the number of replies. It doesn't even underline it like it clicks to anything.

I've tested this in IE8 as a guest, an admin and as an ordinary member, here's what I get:

post-1-125129030315_thumb.jpg

The blue number of replies in each row are clickable and bring up a popup window when clicked.

This screen shot was taken in the "Web Site & Forum News, Updates & Support" topic listing.

I've tested this in IE8 as a guest, an admin and as an ordinary member, here's what I get:

post-1-125129030315_thumb.jpg

The blue number of replies in each row are clickable and bring up a popup window when clicked.

This screen shot was taken in the "Web Site & Forum News, Updates & Support" topic listing.

That looks nothing like what I was used to in the old format popup window. Forgive me if I'm not being clear...I've been awake with a sick friend, just home from the hospital, for about 26 hours.

On the "pages of active content" there are five columns: "topic", "forum", "started by", "stats", and "last post info". Under "stats" it gives the number of replies and the number of views. The number of replies is what I'm trying to click on. If we're talking about the same thing it's not doing anything for me.

I can't go by the colors you're telling me because I'm colorblind. :blush::lol:

I also would just like a clarification/explanation of something. When in "View new content" mode, where it just lists all new posts in all forums stacked on top of each other, some, notably the Paranormal media forum posts, have a horizontal rule/break above and below them, and occasionally another post will have just one at the bottom (or perhaps the one below it has one at the top). What do these signify? Thanks in advance.

One an unrelated side note...when I click on the title in the "topics" column it is conveniently taking me to the "last read post".

On the "pages of active content" there are five columns: "topic", "forum", "started by", "stats", and "last post info". Under "stats" it gives the number of replies and the number of views. The number of replies is what I'm trying to click on. If we're talking about the same thing it's not doing anything for me.

Yeah its the stats column that my screenshot is from. Can I just check that you are trying to click on the number of replies as oppose to the word "replies" ? Only the number itself is clickable.

I also would just like a clarification/explanation of something. When in "View new content" mode, where it just lists all new posts in all forums stacked on top of each other, some, notably the Paranormal media forum posts, have a horizontal rule/break above and below them, and occasionally another post will have just one at the bottom (or perhaps the one below it has one at the top). What do these signify? Thanks in advance.

I can't say i've seen line breaks on there before, would it be possible to take a screen grab for me ?

Yeah its the stats column that my screenshot is from. Can I just check that you are trying to click on the number of replies as oppose to the word "replies" ? Only the number itself is clickable.

Yep, that's what I'm clicking on...the number of replies.

Update

The forum search system is now working again.

Ah, thank you.

Oh, that's interesting. I've never noticed that before. I find that I have the second highest number of posts in this thread after the boss himself. :unsure2:

Yep, that's what I'm clicking on...the number of replies.

Ok i'm afraid i'm totally stumped on this one, the clickable reply link is hardcoded in to the forum and seems to work for all member groups including guests so i've no idea at all why its not working for you.

If I find out at any point what the problem could be i'll let you know.

Sure thing. See Attached png. =) It doesn't, you know, affect anything, as far as I can tell, I've just been curious about its meaning.

post-6598-125129422108_thumb.png

Ah I thought it might be that - this is a rendering issue in Firefox, still trying to find a solution to it. Basically those extra lines shouldn't be there at all.

Strange. If that's all it is, other than for purely aesthetic and public appearance reasons, I can't imagine it making any difference either way.

Yeah it doesn't do any harm but it can be annoying so i'd like to find a fix for it.