Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IPB 3 status and support

Saru

The spell check has always been an external application, its never been integrated directly in to the forum as far as i'm aware.

Ah ok....just not sure if I should trust it.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• behaviour???

• Michelle

Ah I thought it might be that - this is a rendering issue in Firefox, still trying to find a solution to it. Basically those extra lines shouldn't be there at all.

I have that too, and I primarily use firefox.

It doesn't bother me any, as I'm used to things not loading 100% "properly" for websites, since I use a lot of add-ons for Firefox. (No-script FTW)

But other than that, I haven't noticed any anomalies in the forums. Prior to you updating the forums, however, I was experiencing a lot of icons not loading. Like in the report center, or quote boxes in threads.

Hey- just curious.

How come when I search (from the bottom of the main forums tab) "Overall Top Posters" the post count is different than what it says in my profile? On Overall Top Posters it says 9,950 and my profile says 9,697? Just curious why they aren't the same :)

**added** to the left under my avatar it says the same as the Overall Top Posters. The odd number is only in the PROFILE area that does not match :yes:

-----------

PS: This is this first time the edit function has worked for me!! It loads and then disappears...like within seconds. I found that I have to IMMEDIATELY click on the loaded page text area to edit or it will mysteriously disappear? It's the Race to Edit HAHAHA Click it HURRRRRRYYYY!!!! :lol:

Edited by She-ra

Oh yay, I just noticed the TOP button is back! Thanks for that, I use it a lot. :yes:

Groovy new blogs! I like that the most recent entries are shown on the main forum page. Until the upgrade I never read or wrote blogs because they were hard to find and hard to navigate and blog entries tended to fall into the abyss. I actually wrote my first blog here today. Nice addition really. It really adds a TON to the content of UM. Good move!

Saru, having read through all of this I applaud your work.

Again, great work and it is greatly appreciated.

Ditto+...I couldn't agree more..Thanks for all you do for us, Saru. :tu:

I have a couple of concerns. My posts only go back to Aug 3. All others, I am unable to pull up when I need references and sources I posted. Have all these other posts over the last few years been losts?

Also, I do a lot of c/p because I mostly post research, but when I do, I am always having to separate words after I do a preview.

This takes up so much time, as I already suck at spelling as it is. :blush::lol:

When I preview there are so many words unlined that I go :wacko:. lol

Any suggestions?

Thanx

THANK YOU! That reminds me of two other issues!

1. Blog: I created a blog on the site, but chose "link to external blog" or whatever, but when I click on Blog in my profile, it just says there are no blog entries. But as you can see directly to the left, my blog icon does link to my external blog. What the heck?

2. Gallery: it says there are folders missing so I can't upload any pictures anywhere

Edited by Paranormalcy

How come when I search (from the bottom of the main forums tab) "Overall Top Posters" the post count is different than what it says in my profile? On Overall Top Posters it says 9,950 and my profile says 9,697? Just curious why they aren't the same :)

I need to fix that, they should really be showing the same figure.

I have a couple of concerns. My posts only go back to Aug 3. All others, I am unable to pull up when I need references and sources I posted. Have all these other posts over the last few years been losts?

This was due to a 200 post limit in the post search and has now been fixed, all your posts should now be present and accounted for.

Also, I do a lot of c/p because I mostly post research, but when I do, I am always having to separate words after I do a preview. This takes up so much time, as I already suck at spelling as it is. :blush::lol: When I preview there are so many words unlined that I go :wacko:. lol Any suggestions?

If you are using the Rich Text Editor try the standard editor or vice versa, you can switch them over from "My Settings".

*doing the happy dance* :su

Thank you Saru...I just checked again, and it went from 8 pages to 105. :clap:

Don't know what you did, but much appreciated. :tsu:

I had noticed this when you first made the changes, and thought that perhaps the system was still working out bugs, which is why I waited until now to mention it.

So anyways, having those back post is such a relief. Again thank you.

I can live with the jumbled words, but losing that other data would have been a bummer, as it does save me time.

Thanks again...you rock as always...! :nw:

If you are using the Rich Text Editor try the standard editor or vice versa, you can switch them over from "My Settings".

OK, I checked, and indeed the RTE was set, so unchecked it.

Thanx again. :)

1. Blog: I created a blog on the site, but chose "link to external blog" or whatever, but when I click on Blog in my profile, it just says there are no blog entries. But as you can see directly to the left, my blog icon does link to my external blog. What the heck?

The blog tab in your profile can only show entries from your local blog so if you have an external blog your local blog will be empty and so it will simply say that there are no entries.

2. Gallery: it says there are folders missing so I can't upload any pictures anywhere

Which section of the gallery are you trying to upload a picture to ?

Sorry I knew I should have clarified - in the Gallery tab in my profile, I wanted to check it out, see if it was different from the site Gallery, which is confusing, but it wouldn't even load, told me there wasn't the needed directory so I couldn't upload.

Strange, now the User Profile Gallery works, but clicking on the Main Gallery yields a fatal error.

i know i'm prob gonna get a few people on my back about posting this if its already posted. but the quoteing system really confuses me, if you skip a few posts ahead and someone is quoteing something you havent read, its hard to see where the quote finishes and the new post starts, is there a way to fix this in my options or change the board settings somewhere on the main page??

Guest Lottie

i know i'm prob gonna get a few people on my back about posting this if its already posted. but the quoteing system really confuses me, if you skip a few posts ahead and someone is quoteing something you havent read, its hard to see where the quote finishes and the new post starts, is there a way to fix this in my options or change the board settings somewhere on the main page??

If you just want to reply to a thread, hit the reply button at bottom of the thread, dark blue buttons just above fast reply facility.

To quote just one person hit reply button on their post.

To quote mulitple posts. Hit multiquote button for each post.

Is that what you are asking? Otherwise I am confused. :P

Edited by Lottie

Strange, now the User Profile Gallery works, but clicking on the Main Gallery yields a fatal error.

Sent you a PM about this one.

I think you might be referring to the fact that in some posts the quotes don't appear in boxes as they do in this post but are the same colour as the background and are difficult to make out. This is a known issue with older posts and will be fixed very soon indeed.

ahhh sweet saru, thats what the problem was. made my head go around in circles for a while. and cheers lottie, but nah i aint that much of a simpleton :P just bad at wording alot of things :rofl:

I dont know why but the signature section is not accepting Five lines ...when I save it with file line quote it says you have exceeded the five line limit...

But when I count them its only five line there...Now I am adjusting with this one here

Any Ideas?

Thanks

B???

That's difficult to say without knowing exactly what you were trying to add to it, most likely the text was longer than five lines even if it didn't appear to be, empty lines also count I believe.

I'm having issues with seeing pictures in posts - I see the pic for an instant, and then all I see is a bar with something like this:

Resized to -8% (was 450 x 450) - Click image to enlarge

It seems to be shrinking the pics to a negative value. If I click on it, the pic opens again. Is it something in my settings? I tried deleting my cookies - no dice.

Edited by Moonie2012

Can you link me to an example of a picture that's doing this for you ?

Also, what browser/version are you using ?

When I click on the "fast reply" thing. It takes a while. And when I click on a topic such as this one. It takes a few minutes to load. Is it my computer or the board itself? (I belong to another board who has this same update and I am unable to use that board. >.>)

Sounds like it could be your computer, if it was the server then it would be doing the same for everyone and I haven't seen any evidence of loads that could account for a several-minute response time.

What browser/version are you using to access the sites ?

=/ I don't think it's my computer. Because all the other sites I go to. Are fine.

I'm using IE7, Saru.

I'm afraid i'm at a loss to explain it, i've tested the forums on several different browsers including IE7 and the threads seem to load up fine. Without being able to reproduce what you are experiencing its very difficult to say what could be causing the problem for you.

Is it possible you have a firewall running that could be interfering with it ?

Have you tried the site in another browser such as Firefox and if so, do you also have the same problem with that ?

Does the problem occur in all threads or specific ones ?