Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IPB 3 status and support

Saru

This is a known bug that affects Firefox, until it has been fixed at the code level to get rid of the duplicate information avoid using a double hyphen "--" in your profile quote.

Gotcha. Will do.

Thanks!

--Jaylemurph

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• behaviour???

• Michelle

Update

A fix is now in place for the most commonly reported 406 errors that people have been experiencing when trying to post, if you run in to any more of these that i've missed please let me know.

An update patch for Invision Board will also be implemented very soon with fixes for a number of issues.

• 2 weeks later...

The abovementioned patch has now been installed, the update has fixed a number of bugs previously mentioned in this thread.

As always if you run in to any problems while using the forums please let me know.

Thank you.

Saru,

My Last Post Info column under my user posts is not updating. It's only showing MY last post. I'm a Firefox user.

Not sure if it's my comp or not but my page displays a rather large screen for fast reply and at the top it has my profile info that won't go away hence the top of my display is covered not able to click home or anything. Are there still some tweeking going on and this is temporary ?

Saru,

My Last Post Info column under my user posts is not updating. It's only showing MY last post. I'm a Firefox user.

That's working as intended I think, each entry on the "my posts" results represents a single post so that it can only be your name under the "last post info" column as you are always the member to have made those posts.

Not sure if it's my comp or not but my page displays a rather large screen for fast reply and at the top it has my profile info that won't go away hence the top of my display is covered not able to click home or anything. Are there still some tweeking going on and this is temporary ?

I haven't seen anything like this, what browser/version are you using ?

All the main updates are finished however there will always be tweaking on some level, its never 100% complete.

Sorry about that Saru it was my comp at work that had a melt down not anything to due with the site. Darm comps at work are so finicky.

• 2 weeks later...

Saru,

Saru,

Maybe this screenshot will clarify what I'm experiencing. The last post info changed about a week ago. I used to be able to see who and when the last person to post on a topic was from the 'All Posts by BiffSplitkins' page.

post-59968-125475950985_thumb.jpg

You need to be on the "Find Topics" page rather than "Find Posts" to see that.

The "Find Posts" is for individual posts only.

You need to be on the "Find Topics" page rather than "Find Posts" to see that.

The "Find Posts" is for individual posts only.

It never used to be that way. I used to be able to see if someone has posted on a topic that was not my own after I did without having actually go to the topic to see that.

Example: if I posted something here on this topic and then you responded to my question that last column should show that you posted after me. Not that I was the last poster on the topic when you were actually the last one. It was that way up until about a week ago. :(

Edited by BiffSplitkins

You can do that, as I say you need to go to your profile and click "Find Topics" ( not "Find Posts" ) on the left hand side, the search results will come up showing all the topics you've posted in and the last poster for each of these is shown on the right hand column.

Here's an example screenshot for yours:

post-1-12547674275_thumb.jpg

You can do that, as I say you need to go to your profile and click "Find Topics" ( not "Find Posts" ) on the left hand side, the search results will come up showing all the topics you've posted in and the last poster for each of these is shown on the right hand column.

Here's an example screenshot for yours:

post-1-12547674275_thumb.jpg

I already know that. It used to show up the same exact way for posts as well. :P

I've checked the official Invision Board forums and the "Find Posts" page is the same there as it is here both in this version and in the newer development release that's currently being tested there. That said i've checked some older forums and on the older ones the "Find Posts" page does show the last poster info in the same way as on the "Find Topics" page, so i'm not sure if this is a change made by design or if its a bug.

I'll submit a report on there and see if its intended to be that way.

Well it appears that this is by design so it doesn't look as though its going to be changed unfortunately, the latest update patch that we will be implementing soon maintains the same 'Last Poster Info' on the 'Find Posts' page.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Another update patch was implemented this morning, there are a couple of glitches with the search functions that I am currently working to resolve, as always please let me know if you run in to any bugs.

Has the symbol that appear on the address bar after the forums have been fully loaded changed?...i think the symbol before was better

ThaNKS

B???

Looks like the Invision Board default icon has been uploaded by accident, that's the UM one uploaded again now.

Update

The search functions should now be working properly again.

Looks like the Invision Board default icon has been uploaded by accident, that's the UM one uploaded again now.

Unfortunately there is no change made whatsoever...I think re uploading will help

thanks

B???

If you are still seeing the wrong one then its because you are viewing a cached copy in your browser, if you clear out your temporary internet files it should help.

If you are still seeing the wrong one then its because you are viewing a cached copy in your browser, if you clear out your temporary internet files it should help.

That helped...

Thanks

B???