Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IPB 3 status and support

Saru

>< It just seems slow. I mean...when I click on fast reply. Or a topic. It just takes a while to get it running. That's all.

No. I have firefox. But I don't like using and I can't open it.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Space Commander Travis

• behaviour???

• Michelle

>< It just seems slow. I mean...when I click on fast reply. Or a topic. It just takes a while to get it running. That's all.

No. I have firefox. But I don't like using and I can't open it.

I have the same thing. Ever since the big update, the forum has been loading much slower than it did before.

I just figured it was because there was still some converting going on...?

The conversion process is finished so there shouldn't be any slowdowns aside from during our normal maintenance period ( about half an hour ) once per day.

To those experiencing this problem :

Where does the problem occur exactly, do you mean that when you click on something there is a slight delay before the clicking sound and the next page starts to load or after the next page starts to load it just takes a long time to appear ?

If its the latter, at the bottom of the page there is a little clock symbol with a time in seconds - on a slow page load what does that figure read ? Does nothing load at all during this period or does the page slowly load up with the images popping in as it goes ?

Is it IE7 you are using as well ?

That's difficult to say without knowing exactly what you were trying to add to it, most likely the text was longer than five lines even if it didn't appear to be, empty lines also count I believe.

With that said i think I have the problem solved

Thanks

B???

Where does the problem occur exactly, do you mean that when you click on something there is a slight delay before the clicking sound and the next page starts to load or after the next page starts to load it just takes a long time to appear ?

If its the latter, at the bottom of the page there is a little clock symbol with a time in seconds - on a slow page load what does that figure read ? Does nothing load at all during this period or does the page slowly load up with the images popping in as it goes ?

Is it IE7 you are using as well ?

Yes I am using IE7.

For me, whenever I click on something, there is a delay before the clicking sound, yes. Then it takes a couple of seconds, and the page shows up in a blink, with everything appearing on it (images etc). At that time it says at the bottom of my browser that it is done loading, but it still takes a while before I can scroll down or click on a button. It's like the whole page loads instantly, but then freezes up for a while.

The longest delay seems to be when I click in the 'Fast Reply' box.

Edited by Hissie Sola

Ok that's interesting because it sounds like some sort of rendering issue in IE7 rather than the server taking a long time to serve the page, I was aware of the click delay but I hadn't experienced the freezing, i'll look in to this and see if I can do something about it.

Ok i've made a slight change to the fast reply box because I think it could have something to do with that, have another try now and see if you still experience the same freezing issue.

If it is still there, is it on every thread page or only on some of them ? Does it do it on pages that don't have a fast reply box on them ? Try logging out and accessing one of the same threads as a guest to see if it still does it.

Update

Quotes on posts dating back to 2006 should now appear correctly in threads.

Hissie Sola: Yeah. That's what I mean. At least someone else managed to put it into words. XP

Thanks Saru. Hopefully that'll work. =/

Everything in this thread:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=162524

And I'm using Firefox 3.0.7.

Do you have any plugins installed that could be causing it ?

I've tested the same thread with Firefox 3.13 and the images appeared to resize correctly.

Wont emoticons work in signatures?

Thanks

B???

Emoticons have never worked in signatures as far as i'm aware.

Do you have any plugins installed that could be causing it ?

I've tested the same thread with Firefox 3.13 and the images appeared to resize correctly.

No, I tried disabling them all - no change.

It has something to do with my account - when I log out and view the thread everything shows correctly. I tried fiddling with my profile settings but I don't see anything that would govern that.

Edited by Moonie2012

Do you have View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images? enabled under the 'Forums' tab ?

I've noticed my signature doesn't always show up under my posts when viewing through threads. Sometimes it does, more times it doesn't... any idea why this would be happening? This is while I'm at work on IE6

Can you point me to an example of a thread where its not showing up ?

Can you point me to an example of a thread where its not showing up ?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149252&view=findpost&p=3059280

Here's one example, my last post here in this support thread has it, but neither of the last two I see on the linked thread do.

Edit: And this post isn't showing it either.

Edited by crtDzyn

I just noticed when looking at the active users online you can click on Member Name and see where they are on the forum :devil: That is very stalker-ishly cool HAHAHAHAHA! :innocent:

~♥SARU♥~

I just noticed when looking at the active users online you can click on Member Name and see where they are on the forum :devil: That is very stalker-ishly cool HAHAHAHAHA! :innocent:

~♥SARU♥~

:blink:

:unsure2:

:P

Edited by crtDzyn

Umm...is it me...or did everything just become a lot smaller all of a sudden? I'm having to lean closer to the screen just to read.

Do you have View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images? enabled under the 'Forums' tab ?

Yep. In all circumstances, the board is either resizing the images to a negative value, or to infinity! Some of them actually say "Resized to -Infinity% (was 0 x 0) - Click image to enlarge"

Sigs, avatars and smilies are all unaffected - it's only posted pics.

Edited by Moonie2012

Here's one example, my last post here in this support thread has it, but neither of the last two I see on the linked thread do.

Edit: And this post isn't showing it either

In each of the posts of yours that doesn't show a signature the "Enable Signature" option is unchecked in the options menu. Try making another post but make sure that its enabled, you need to expand the green options menu just above the post button on the post screen.

It looks to me like its only showing your signature for your first post on a page but none of the subsequent ones.

Umm...is it me...or did everything just become a lot smaller all of a sudden? I'm having to lean closer to the screen just to read.

The size of the text hasn't been changed on this end, make sure you have your browser text size/zoom set to 100%.