Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lockerbie: Now it's payback time... America

chemical-licker

Lockerbie: Now it's payback time... America boycotts British goods as anger grows over release of bomber

Britain was warned last night it faces ' payback time' from the U.S. over the release of the Lockerbie bomber.

Thealert came as American consumers were urged to boycott British andScottish exports and holiday in Ireland instead of the UK.

Thespecial relationship was under strain over new allegations linking UKtrade interests with the freeing of Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi oncompassionate

grounds - he has terminal cancer.

U.S.government sources urged Gordon Brown to end his silence and OppositionMPs demanded records of all meetings between ministers and the Libyanregime.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208538/Lockerbie-payback-time-boycott-British-goods-American-anger-grows.html#ixzz0P5b5yjQ1

<_<I'm quite sure American people know that it's the government not it's people who looney's:unsure2:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stardrive

• Bill Hill

• itsnotoutthere

• chemical-licker

I can't even control my neighbours let alone the Government..

I'm scared, I don't wanna go on the axis of evil list.. :cry:

What if they do a shock and awe operation on London?

Actually that would be a blessing, I could help with intelligence and pin point specific targets..

Actually that would be a blessing, I could help with intelligence and pin point specific targets..

:unsure2: are you really 007?

:unsure2: are you really 007?

yes, well sorta.. I am a fictional character.

My name's Hill.

Bill Hill.

So they'll spend $10000 on a holiday in Ireland instead of $5000 on the a similar UK Holiday. If they had any sense they'd holiday in mainland Europe where it is a lot cheaper for a superior holiday (case in point 3* holiday in Scotland £350pp 5*Cairo £300pp)

Does that mean there won't be any crowds of silly tourists with their daft cameras and stupid clothes? :D

IS this the Same USA who supported the IRA in their acts of terrorism against the United Kingdom there so called friends. The US even give safe haven to a IRA terrorist who escaped from the Maze prison and fled to the US. when we asked for extradition back to the UK, the US blocked it. So maybe we should boycott US products for their part in supporting terrorism against us.

This is pot calling kettle. 'come in over'

IS this the Same USA who supported the IRA in their acts of terrorism against the United Kingdom there so called friends. The US even give safe haven to a IRA terrorist who escaped from the Maze prison and fled to the US. when we asked for extradition back to the UK, the US blocked it. So maybe we should boycott US products for their part in supporting terrorism against us.

Not that I doubt you, but do you have a source for that?

We all remember how well the US boycott of France went a few years back. ;)

<_<I'm quite sure American people know that it's the government not it's people who looney's :unsure2:

Two words: Freedom Fries

Today we'll see hordes of American buying British products just to throw them out. That will show you!

Edited by Corp

So they'll spend $10000 on a holiday in Ireland instead of $5000 on the a similar UK Holiday. If they had any sense they'd holiday in mainland Europe where it is a lot cheaper for a superior holiday (case in point 3* holiday in Scotland £350pp 5*Cairo £300pp)

Americans, as a rule only speak English and always have the gnawing suspicion that those who do not are talking about them. That is why they prefer Britain and to a lesser extend Ireland ('cause some people dare to speak Gaelic 'round there).... :rolleyes:

Two words: Freedom Fries

Today we'll see hordes of American buying British products just to throw them out. That will show you!

Yeah just like when john lennon said they were bigger than jesus, the record sales went up and then you burned them:wacko:

Hello America,

I'd just like to point out that no matter what dirty deals have been done, it was the INDEPENDENT Scottish parliament officials who let this guy go. It was also Scottish people who died in Lockerbie - the town the wreckage landed on.

As for the British Parliament, well it doesn't operate in my name and we don't get the opportunity to dump this self serving bunch of bloodsuckers (replacing them with a new set self serving bunch of bloodsuckers ) for another year or so.

Oh and by the way You might not have noticed but just like America, we also have troops coming home in body bags - a result of fighting the war on terrorism in iraq and afghanistan.

Hello America,

I'd just like to point out that no matter what dirty deals have been done, it was the INDEPENDENT Scottish parliament officials who let this guy go. It was also Scottish people who died in Lockerbie - the town the wreckage landed on.

Not really it was a judge independent from both the Scottish and English parliament who let this guy go, as is normal practice in Scotland with all who are terminally ill and pose no threat.

Now, that the welcome party was a matter of bad taste by the Libyans is another story... but they were not known for their civil behavior since the Romans left.

Not that I doubt you, but do you have a source for that?

We all remember how well the US boycott of France went a few years back. ;)

no I don't have a source am just going of common knowledge. a google search will highlight what went on.

Dont forget Al Megrahi is seen as a criminal in the west but a Hero in Libya

Edited by stevewinn

IS this the Same USA who supported the IRA in their acts of terrorism against the United Kingdom there so called friends.

I’ve known you and secret agent Bill Hill long enough to know not to challenge your post unless I absolutely know for sure I’m right :lol:

The IRA would hold fundraisers in the US to raise money for their “cause”. Irish Americans sympathetic their “cause” would then donate money. The IRA getting their hands on US money was never endorsed by the US government nor by a vast majority of the people.

The US even give safe haven to a IRA terrorist who escaped from the Maze prison and fled to the US. when we asked for extradition back to the UK, the US blocked it. So maybe we should boycott US products for their part in supporting terrorism against us.

I’m afraid to look, cause your probably right.

Problem with this "boycott" is the average consumer doesn't get involved in political posturing.

Our government here is run by a bunch of flunkies anyways.

Not sure what the Americans are gonna boycott, as we don't manufacture anything anymore.

He was a prisoner of Scotland, imprisoned for a terrorist attack against Scotland. Scotland let him go. It was our right to do so, and it was done because of our laws, and it isn't the business of anyone else, not even the rest of the UK.

Not sure what the Americans are gonna boycott, as we don't manufacture anything anymore.

I was thinking the same thing but then realised music, you can burn music again.

Scotland let him go. It was our right to do so, and it was done because of our laws, and it isn't the business of anyone else, not even the rest of the UK.

I had no idea Peter Mandelson was scottish...

Mandelson.. even gay rights have disowned him...

yep, I remember when he first came on the scene..

Anyway..

Mandelson + rothschilds + gadaffi's son + Corfu villa = Lockerbie bomber being released.

link

I think its a typical small minded response to attempt to show how America has the 'right and correct way of thinking' and will boycott those.. evil ones.. who go against their beliefs. So I think its a way to make the small minded feel better basically. It makes them to be more caring or something it seems but really..

I can tell you one thing. As an American I don't represent boycotting. This is the first I heard about it.

Personally I think the judge was wrong to release a terrorist. So what if he's got cancer, he's still a terrorist. If Charles Manson was suddenly diagnosed with cancer do you think a judge here in the US would let him out? Heeeell no!

I would NEVER hold anything against the British or Scottish people for a stupid political decision that was made. Once again the media makes me as an individual American look bad.

As a side note: The students that were killed in that bombing were from my hometown's University.

Damn, does this mean they're gonna send back Hugh Grant to us?

I as an American have not heard anything involving a boycott of goods. I live just outside of NYC and would have heard about something like this. It's BS. How does this crap get started?

I as an American have not heard anything involving a boycott of goods. I live just outside of NYC and would have heard about something like this. It's BS. How does this crap get started?

Well it was in the daily hate mail so that doesn't exactly give the story credibility!

You said it before me, apparently either

a. Our government did something without our knowledge.. :yes: or

b. we didnt get the memo of all the stuff we are supposed to be boycotting :no:

jj