Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nuclear Fusion

Saru

Nuclear Fusion is the energy source of the future - clean, plentiful, and at the moment, impossible to control. But it is generally thought that in the future, Nuclear Fusion will revolutionise everything, from interstellar spacecraft to the power supply in our own homes.

However there are some who believe that a controlled Nuclear Fusion reactor, based on the idea of "Cold Fusion" has already been built, and that the Government are secretly developing Fusion powered craft and such. If some UFO's are indeed Military test craft, then perhaps their superior manouverability and speed can be attributed to them being powered by Nuclear Fusion.

Think about it, if Nuclear Fusion was to ever become available to the world, the world's economy would collapse. Power plants, mines, battery plants, power supply manufacturers - anybody at all who worked in an industry related to power generation would be out of a job. Perhaps Nuclear Fusion has indeed been developed already, and the Government has been holding back all information about it in fear of what might happen. A country may not risk releasing such a revolutionary technology, as it would render so many existing industries and technologies obselete.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Homer

• FarvLarion

• icy

Top Posters In This Topic

SaRuMaN

You're right about the world economy taking a nose dive if nuclear power took over. But like your earlier statement about it being the means of energy for the future, I think that if nuclear waste can be effectively contained or recycled(I read somewhere France recycles there nuclear waste), then there would be no stopping it, at least in specific areas.

Like you mentioned about space craft, there is an article in space.com about nuclear energy being used again in space, perhaps setting the stage for normal usage. Very interesting article. If anyone is interested:  http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/nuclear_space_010625-1.html

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

• 3 weeks later...

SaRuMaN,

I agree with you on that. I believe that some UFO's are indeed Fusion powered crafts from earth, but then again, you never know...

icy

• 1 month later...

I think that not only would it effect our economy, but it would be the perfect terrorist point of attraction.  I read somewhere a while back that nuclear fusion would be effecient, but it could also be unstable.  Perhaps, until it can either be perfected, or stabalized, we may never see it.