Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

..To become politically mature

Black..Death

Of course it can work in the US, you just need to rid yourselves of a pathological fear of some social democracy.

Most people in the US dont want or care what other countries do concerning thier health care. Especialy considering the amount of coruption we have to face from the very people meant to serve us. We dont need or want "social democracy" not from a government who openly steals billions from us, and gives it to criminals, all right out in the light of day. We have a democratic republic, and once we can remove abuse of power, waste coruption, and monopoly's this ship will turn its self striaght again.

And just to note, I bring to you a very real problem on how the drug companies rape Americans compared to other countries, and this is how you respond?? Turn off CNN man.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• Mattshark

• Cadetak

• Lt_Ripley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Freedom loving democrat's?? My goodness this place is better than comedy central.

shows you don't understand our political history --

and fyi ? Jon Stewart viewers in a couple of polls came out as more knowledgeable than Fox viewers who came out near the bottom of having facts about the news .

lol.

I bet you watch Fox !

Study shows Fox News viewers misinformed about war, Iraq, WMD

My link

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

It's Official: Fox Noise Viewers "Least Informed"

A recent independent survey on public affairs awareness levels has shown (big surprise here) that viewers of Fox Noise are the least informed people in the world (okay, the "in the world" is hyperbole) (if you are a Fox Noise viewer, go here).

A couple of weeks ago, the Pew Center released the results of its survey. Over 1500 adults were given a news quiz and also queried about the new sources they read, watch and listen to. Presenting a challenge to the reality-based community, the top scoring group were those who listed the Daily Show and Colbert Report amongst their daily viewing diet. Seventy-nine percent in that group demonstrated a high or moderate level of public events awareness. Rounding out the top three were consumers of major US newspaper websites (80%) and the News Hour (72%). Fox Noise viewers were at the bottom of the list (just a smidgen above the folk who watch the morning news shows) with 66% scoring low - to moderate and the lowest (35%) scoring high.

Nearly twice as many college grads and men scored in the high category as did non-grads and women. Independents had a higher percent of "high" scores than did Democrats, who had more high scores than Repubs. Northeast adults were the most well-informed regionally.

These findings comport with the 2003 World Public Opinion group's extended survey and study on misperceptions of the Iraq war. From their summary of the findings:

The polling, conducted by the Program on International Policy (PIPA) at the University of Maryland and Knowledge Networks, also reveals that the frequency of these misperceptions varies significantly according to individuals’ primary source of news. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.

You can take a shortened version of the News Quiz here (and don't come back if you get any wrong -- it is an absurdly easy quiz); and you can measure yourself against the political typology here.

My link

Jesus himself was vehemently against any and all forms of corruption, so anyone supporting a politician of any kind is basically screwed, and rightly so. Why the hell would we embrace a system of corruption? It makes absoultely no sense at all and is rooted in sheer dumbassery! The very people we promote and defend are the ones screwing us over! Sorry to say this, but we really get what we deserve.

No doubt. He will not be mocked, what ever you sow, that you will reap. This has been along time coming.

shows you don't understand our political history --

Hu? You said TODAY that democrat's are freedom loving. Thats what they turned into. And its funny.

and fyi ? Jon Stewart viewers in a couple of polls came out as more knowledgeable than Fox viewers who came out near the bottom of having facts about the news .

lol.

I bet you watch Fox !

MMM No. I dont watch any government sanctioned media. I pitty anyone who watched Fox, CNN, NBC, ect ect. How it is I have to say this AGAIN, is beyond me. IM NOT A REPUBLICAN.

Study shows Fox News viewers misinformed about war, Iraq, WMD

My link

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

It's Official: Fox Noise Viewers "Least Informed"

A recent independent survey on public affairs awareness levels has shown (big surprise here) that viewers of Fox Noise are the least informed people in the world (okay, the "in the world" is hyperbole) (if you are a Fox Noise viewer, go here).

A couple of weeks ago, the Pew Center released the results of its survey. Over 1500 adults were given a news quiz and also queried about the new sources they read, watch and listen to. Presenting a challenge to the reality-based community, the top scoring group were those who listed the Daily Show and Colbert Report amongst their daily viewing diet. Seventy-nine percent in that group demonstrated a high or moderate level of public events awareness. Rounding out the top three were consumers of major US newspaper websites (80%) and the News Hour (72%). Fox Noise viewers were at the bottom of the list (just a smidgen above the folk who watch the morning news shows) with 66% scoring low - to moderate and the lowest (35%) scoring high.

Nearly twice as many college grads and men scored in the high category as did non-grads and women. Independents had a higher percent of "high" scores than did Democrats, who had more high scores than Repubs. Northeast adults were the most well-informed regionally.

These findings comport with the 2003 World Public Opinion group's extended survey and study on misperceptions of the Iraq war. From their summary of the findings:

The polling, conducted by the Program on International Policy (PIPA) at the University of Maryland and Knowledge Networks, also reveals that the frequency of these misperceptions varies significantly according to individuals’ primary source of news. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.

You can take a shortened version of the News Quiz here (and don't come back if you get any wrong -- it is an absurdly easy quiz); and you can measure yourself against the political typology here.

My link

From where I stand, all major media followers are sheep.

Hu? You said TODAY that democrat's are freedom loving. Thats what they turned into. And its funny.

From where I stand, all major media followers are sheep.

then do tell what paranoid site you get yours from ?

and you still don't see how the party switched hats ? well some are slow.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

I got 10 outta 12, and Im sure one that I got wrong, was really right. % of unemployment is actualy higher then they report, cause they dont add in a number of factors. I dont know which other I got wrong cause I knew them all. Unless I got the number of troops killed in Iraq wrong. I put over 5000, maybe it was 4000+.

This coming from the "hope and change", or "yes we can" crowd has got to be one of the funniest things Ive ever seen. Its sad that CNN has convinced you to hate nearly half of all Americans.

I'm not one of the "yes we can" crowd. And if those folks lose their values as badly as the "Rah, Rah America" Conservatives or the "Age of Aquarius" crowd they will get one of my rants as well. I don't see you as the world's most independent thinker either, preacherman. (BTW- I notice that you never got back to me on how Jesus' parable about the Good Samaritan could possibly support being against universal health care. Don't worry, I'll wait until you talk to the leader of your Bible group and find out what to say)

Considering this topic has already gone madly off topic I'm going to ask a question.

Is it just me or is politics not about being right but simply about pretending to be the better of two evils? Like trying to decide what you would rather have a pile of poo or a jug of pee and because we've only bin given these two options for so long we forgot that what we actually want is cookies. Thats how I now view politics...poo, pee, and non existent cookies.

Edited by Cadetak

Considering this topic has already gone madly off topic I'm going to ask a question.

Is it just me or is politics not about being right but simply about pretending to be the better of two evils? Like trying to decide what you would rather have a pile of poo or a jug of pee and because we've only bin given these two options for so long we forgot that what we actually want is cookies. Thats how I now view politics...poo, pee, and non existent cookies.

Dude, you deserve some kind of an award. You single-handedly found a way to include : poo, pee, and cookies all in one reply.

I want to shake your hand..... No, on second thought, maybe I'd better not shake your hand. :w00t:

But you've made a new fan. :tu:

Dude, you deserve some kind of an award. You single-handedly found a way to include : poo, pee, and cookies all in one reply.

I want to shake your hand..... No, on second thought, maybe I'd better not shake your hand. :w00t:

But you've made a new fan. :tu:

I always wash my hands after playing with politics.

Edited by Cadetak

Is it just me or is politics not about being right but simply about pretending to be the better of two evils?

That's the trick: what's right? I think maybe you're falling into the trap of thinking that addressing public issues is ultimately just a problem-solving process and if only the politicians we chose to do it were the best and brightest they'd figure out the right solutions. But it's more complex than that. Given our commitment to democratic ideals, the philosophical questions underlying every step of the policy process from problem definition to the formulation and implementation of solutions can be answered only by the body politic. Politicians pitch ideas and frames and we get to choose with our votes which ones we accept. The result is that what's "right" can effectively change every two years, as can the perception of public problems (i.e. the prevailing problem definitions).

That's the trick: what's right? I think maybe you're falling into the trap of thinking that addressing public issues is ultimately just a problem-solving process and if only the politicians we chose to do it were the best and brightest they'd figure out the right solutions. But it's more complex than that. Given our commitment to democratic ideals, the philosophical questions underlying every step of the policy process from problem definition to the formulation and implementation of solutions can be answered only by the body politic. Politicians pitch ideas and frames and we get to choose with our votes which ones we accept. The result is that what's "right" can effectively change every two years, as can the perception of public problems (i.e. the prevailing problem definitions).

That's what I meant, public perception. In terms of electing officials it seems more about voting against the one you don't want and/or voting for the person who you think is going to suck the least...rather then voting for the best candidate or a candidate they actually want.

On internet blogs and forums political discussion and debates seem to rely more on criticizing the other candidate/party/argument then trying to support your party/candidate/argument...all cons and negatives.

However this is just my observation from my time spent on the net and everyday life. Maybe people actually do truly support their party/candidate and aren't just aligned that way because they think the other side is worse.

and yet blacks have voted whites for how many years ?

whites have voted white this time around just because they didn't want to see a black man in office.

McCain was a joke. and so was some of Pauls' stance. get over it. your just a racist who is mad the white man didn't get the vote. who would always vote white even if the candidate was a shmuck. I bet you voted for Bush !

post-39751-125153736413_thumb.jpg

Edited by itsnotoutthere

That's what I meant, public perception. In terms of electing officials it seems more about voting against the one you don't want and/or voting for the person who you think is going to suck the least...rather then voting for the best candidate or a candidate they actually want.

On internet blogs and forums political discussion and debates seem to rely more on criticizing the other candidate/party/argument then trying to support your party/candidate/argument...all cons and negatives.

However this is just my observation from my time spent on the net and everyday life. Maybe people actually do truly support their party/candidate and aren't just aligned that way because they think the other side is worse.

This is why I have decided for myself, to never be a follower of any leader or political party. The way I see it, they are not suppossed to be leaders at all, but servents. Not only to the American people, but to the documents of our foundation. I feel using the constitution as a foundation of all my political beliefs, prevents me from falling into the trap of giving loyalty where there should be none.

post-39751-125153736413_thumb.jpg

Meh, at the very best black deaths comments where ignorant and ill thought out.

I bet you watch Fox !

Would you knock it off? Just because someone is conservative does not automatically mean that they watch Faux News. Seriously, I think I've mentioned this several times, but time and time again it falls on deaf ears. Just because someone is conservative it does NOT automatically mean that they:

-Religiously watch Faux News

-Like Bill O'Reilly

-Are evil, rich, warmongering racists

And every other conservative stereotype there is out there, no more than it is fair for me to say that being a liberal automatically means that you are a lazy, incompetent ideologist who wants everything for free and who clings to the idea that a massive, corrupt, inefficient and Byzantine bureaucracy is the answer to all life's problems. Stop stereotyping conservatives. You are just as guilty, JUST AS GUILTY, as the Republican idiots who blindly supported Bush for 8 years, with out question. Seriously Lt., I've been reading your posts on the religion board for around 2 years now, and have always been impressed by your reasoning, but to see you, or any other intelligent person, sink into spouting wishy washy stereotypes and blatant hate for all things conservative is incredibly disappointing.

I am conservative. This does not mean that I am pro-Republican, not by any means. In fact, I don't think many Republicans would agree with the stances on issues that I take, including:

-not having a problem with legalized abortion

-supporting the legalization of drugs

-downsizing the military

-maintaining efficient social welfare programs that offer an incentive to move up and on from where you were before

etc. etc. etc.

So for the last time, stop stereotyping conservatives. If you were talking about pure Republicans, I don't think I would have blinked. But there is a massive difference between being conservative and being Republican. Not all conservatives are Republicans, and most Republicans wouldn't know conservative if conservative gave them a swift kick to the

Meh, at the very best black deaths comments where ignorant and ill thought out.

huh? (confused)

Edited by itsnotoutthere

huh? (confused)

Loud, confused rambling about uppity 'negros' tends to put you in a bad light when debating things.

Loud, confused rambling about uppity 'negros' tends to put you in a bad light when debating things.

No, still confused. I've only made one post on this thread. Are you refering to someone else perhaps?

No, still confused. I've only made one post on this thread. Are you refering to someone else perhaps?

The original poster's name is Black.Death.

You quoted a post saying "Black Death's comments were out of line" and asked why ("huh").

I explained why they were out of line.

No one said your comments were out of line, nor did my post refer to you, it referred to what the poster Black.Death had said.

Please return as closely as possible to the topic at hand, and clean out your snide remarks buckets before resuming posting - there's no reason to be snarking (against UM policy btw) at each other. -Para

The original poster's name is Black.Death.

You quoted a post saying "Black Death's comments were out of line" and asked why ("huh").

I explained why they were out of line.

No one said your comments were out of line, nor did my post refer to you, it referred to what the poster Black.Death had said.

Ahh...now i'm with you.

..On the news channels ..Grow up ..cnn is deceeving and down talks republicans ..yet fox sticks to them self .so for everyone who do not understand ..obama is screwing up ..im sorry even japan said in exact word ..that we aref reeking stupid ..for electing obama

I Dont know about you but i dont support obama ..ima swing and ima swerve im gonna park and scrape the curb.

..On the news channels ..Grow up ..cnn is deceeving and down talks republicans ..yet fox sticks to them self .so for everyone who do not understand ..obama is screwing up ..im sorry even japan said in exact word ..that we aref reeking stupid ..for electing obama

I Dont know about you but i dont support obama ..ima swing and ima swerve im gonna park and scrape the curb.

So it is ok for Fox to have strong political bias because you agree with it but it is not ok for CNN because you don't?

Freedom loving democrat's?? My goodness this place is better than comedy central.

lol leave it to you not to understand history ...it went over your head like most seems too. the parties have switched names simply put.. those for slavery used to be known as democrats. today they are the republican party. get it ??? the people didn't change but the labels did.

this begins to touch on the subject .. don't feel bad .. most don't understand party history and label . Todays republicans are yesterdays democrats and whigs. and yesterdays republicans that wanted freedom for slaves ? are todays democrats. get it ?

My link

LOL, sorry LT but you of all people trying to play the Jesus card, well lets just say its funny, to say the least. Would Jesus aprove of universale health care? Maybe, but he for damn sure wouldnt put the devil in control of it. I already work 5 to 6 months out of the year just to pay a wide range of taxes, to ask for more is just criminal, especialy considering this government has done NOTHING to address any real reason health care cost so much.

try to wiggle out as much as you can now !!! a christian who hates the idea of caring for those with less. wait ... what's that called ? oh yeah !!! hypocritical.