Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wow, just saw this on TV about 2012.

Mario Lemieux

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSearcher

• Mario Lemieux

• icet925

• Madeline

So I was watching discovery, and this odd, odd comerical came on. It's the first time I've seen anything serious that has to do with 2012 advertised on national TV.

It provided a link to this site

http://www.theihc.com/

:blink:

Nothing serious about it, The Institute for Human Continuity is part of a viral advertising program developed by Sony to start encouraging movie goers interest for the film called "2012", coming out sometime this year. The Institute isn't real, but the movie definitely looks interesting :)

Here's more info about it :

www.firstshowing.net

Wikipedia

www.inquisitr.com

:lol:

After I actually read into the site a little more, I found that out.

I feel dumb. Sorry.

I feel dumb. Sorry.

Don't feel dumb mate, it's viral advertising, it's meant to make you believe it's real and get you to read it, before it actually lets you know what it is. I'm fairly sure that there are enough people that fell for it and even a minority, that actually believe this site to be real.

laugh.gif

I feel dumb. Sorry.

My gf fell for a site called "computertan", which said you could get a suntan by sitting lookin at the website page. lol

The 2012 movie looks awesome.

if you didn't know the movie is based on the true prophesy by a few cultures ( the most famous being the mayas and their calendar ) where dec 21 2012 will be the end of the world. they went into detail about it on the history channel. look into it

if you didn't know the movie is based on the true prophesy by a few cultures ( the most famous being the mayas and their calendar ) where dec 21 2012 will be the end of the world. they went into detail about it on the history channel. look into it

Sadly enough that is just not true. There are no prophecies as such, certainly not from the mayans. People think in general that the end of the big cycle of the mayan calandar, which is indeed coinciding with 2012, is the end of the world. It is not, it's just the end of a cycle, no more no less. There have never been any predictions or prophecies found relating to this in any mayan city or on any mayan artefact.

It's not because it is on History Channel (known to be a bit free as to their interpretation of facts), on TV in general, or on youtube, that is us thus true. It's not.

And I can make an educated guess as to whome you'll say also predicted it.

- Egyptians, they never ever predicted anything to do with 2012 or the end of the world. Don't take it from me alone, I'm not the only one saying this.

- Mother Shipton or Ursula Southeil (c. 1488 - 1561) (possibly Ursula Southill or Ursula Soothtell), was an English soothsayer and prophetess. The first publication of her prophecies, which did not appear until 1641, eighty years after her death, contained a number of mainly regional predictions, but only two prophetic verses. The most famous claimed edition of Mother Shipton's prophecies, supposedly foretells many modern events and phenomena. Widely quoted today as if it were the original, it contains over a hundred prophetic rhymed couplets in notably non-sixteenth-century language and includes the now-famous lines:

The world to an end shall come

In eighteen hundred and eighty one.

This supposed prophecy has appeared over the years with different dates and in (or about) several countries. However, this version did not appear in print until 1862, and its true author, one Charles Hindley, subsequently admitted in print that he had forged it. This is fact.

- The Bible never even mentions 2012, just some vague predictions about armageddon.

- I don't remember Nostradamus actually mentioning anything either and even if he had, he's so damned cryptic, you'd need to be him, to understand what he is talking about. And for info, I read the original french ttexts, as it looses too much in translation.

SO in conclusion, this movie is like most movies, a work of fiction, based on urban legends and myths.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel dumb. Sorry.

dude, i fell for it too.

i can't believe they are allowed to do that.

dude, i fell for it too.

i can't believe they are allowed to do that.

It's viral advertising, it's meant to make you believe it's real and get you to read it, before it actually lets you know what it is. It's actually legal.

Nevermind, it's a movie.

It's more than the movie I'm waiting for. Adam Lambert is singing in the end a spectacular song that I can't wait to hear :clap:

People think in general that the end of the big cycle of the mayan calandar, which is indeed coinciding with 2012, is the end of the world. It is not, it's just the end of a cycle, no more no less.

SO in conclusion, this movie is like most movies, a work of fiction, based on urban legends and myths.

It is not the end of the world. You are correct. It is the end of an age. And every end has a beginning. Nothing is going to change in December of 2012...not that you would notice anyway. The New Age of Enlightenment or The Golden Age is the new 'cycle'. This is an exciting time in the history of Man. 2012 doesn't usher in the end of the world...but is the beginning of a new era where the Awareness of Man is accelerated.

However; there very well may be catastrophic changes that come with it. We live in a time when the Earth's magnetic field is about to change. The poles are not going to shift...but the magnetic poles are changing and measureably so. This occurs every eleven thousand years or so...and now is the time. The Vibrational Energies of the Universe...as a Giant Galactic Wave...will begin to be felt during this period.

But please understand folks...that HYPE is exactly that and as the year 2012 draws ever nearer, the pile of hype will grow ever deeper.

There are those who will research it and there are those that will just watch the movie (which btw I will watch!)

Namaste

joc

The hype about 2012 has me totally baffled. I'm just concerned that some nutter will do something very stupid.

Oh, sorry, they have. The London Olympics!! :lol:

The amount of people that still actually believe that the IHC is real is astounding. I had a conversation with a friend of mine today and we got into talking about 2012. He casually mentioned it during the conversation and I not only had to correct him but had to show him both the IHC web site and the 2012 movie site. He asked me, "Why would they go through so much trouble?" I replied, "Did you forget that James Cameron built another Titanic just so he could sink it on film?"

Oh, and this is my first post. Glad to be here!