Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Susan Atkins, Should She Be Released?

Ghostdancer

Agreed. Her sentence for the horrendous butchery she took a very active part in was life in prison, only because California repeled the death penalty. Prison is where she deserves to die. Her victims never had a chance to go home or see their families before they died. She can at least get visitations.

I hate to sound cold-blooded, but she was never going to get out of prison anyway. She would have died there. Why does knowing a time frame change anything. She did not have compassion for sharon Tate or her unborn child.

Edited by commonsense
  • Like 1

Susan "Sadie" Atkins has terminal brain cancer and some say she should be given a compassionate release...

Ex-Manson follower dying, seeks release from prison

So where was her compassion on that infamous night 40 years ago? I say no, she should remain in prison until death.

Exactly!!!!.....no compassion and no remorse......even worse......laughing.....while murdering sharon tate......and when being sentanced........you made your bed baby!!!...now lie in it :devil:

Susan "Sadie" Atkins has terminal brain cancer and some say she should be given a compassionate release...

Ex-Manson follower dying, seeks release from prison

So where was her compassion on that infamous night 40 years ago? I say no, she should remain in prison until death.

She killed Sharon Tate and her baby. She carved things into her (Sharon's) body. She should not be released. She's dying. So what? Would she be living if she weren't in prison? Or would she be suffering from whatever it is that she's suffering with now? What kind of a reprieve did Sharon get from Susan?

"I don't care a thing about you. You're going to die and there's nothing you can do about it."

This is what Susan Atkins said to Sharon Tate just prior to killing her so this is what should be said to Susan Atkins by the victim's family members and the board at her next parole hearing which is coming up again.

Edited by Ghostdancer

I'd say give her lethal injection. That way she doesn't get released and she doesn't have to suffer through the waiting time until she die's naturally. So yeah, lethal injection.

"I don't care a thing about you. You're going to die and there's nothing you can do about it."

This is what Susan Atkins said to Sharon Tate just prior to killing her so this is what should be said to Susan Atkins by the victim's family members and the board at her next parole hearing which is coming up again.

Really? Were you there? DId you hear it from her lips? Were you brainwashed by ol' Charlie?

Really? Were you there? DId you hear it from her lips? Were you brainwashed by ol' Charlie?

Lol - She confessed to all this dude.

Her latest parole hearing was conducted yesterday and she was denied so the state of California has no mercy.

Lol - She confessed to all this dude.

Her latest parole hearing was conducted yesterday and she was denied so the state of California has no mercy.

the state of california showed her a lot more mercy than she did sharon tate and her unborn child!

if anybody deserves to die in jail,it's all these manson wackos and manson himself!!!

I'd say give her lethal injection. That way she doesn't get released and she doesn't have to suffer through the waiting time until she die's naturally. So yeah, lethal injection.

Not only that, but think of the taxpayers dollars that would be saved from having to pay for her treatments!

• 2 weeks later...

why give her the easy option out? she deserves to suffer for what she did.. bugger giving her the 'green dream' she can have a long, drawn out end... let her have a glimpse of the pain she gave to her victim's.. then she may know remorse.

its almost as laughable as letting the lockerbie bomber out due to him having cancer...

Nope no compassion for her and I read she never showed any true remorse so tough, she's dead anyways....good riddance

There is no need to be there, she confessed it out of her own mouth that she said that to her :tu: . What they did was so cruel and viscous, and I don't buy the brain washing crap as an excuse for the severity and heartlessness of what they did to those people. They should have all gotten the death penalty, and even that is to humane for what they deserve :angry2:

Well you all got your wish. She died in prison. Are you happy now?

She was unworthy of doing so outside of prison, and the same holds for Manson and the others who participated in such a ruthless and senseless crime.

Well you all got your wish. She died in prison. Are you happy now?

Happy? No. It doesn't bring back the people she murdered.

She was tried, found guilty, and served her punishment, I do not take joy from it.

• Like 1

She denied many their lives and no I don't feel happy about it. I'm glad she found jailhouse religion but now she faces her victims, those known to us and those who aren't. No one knows the true number of victims of the Manson family.

Calm down people! I just meant that you wanted her to die there and she did. I just like throwing in a little sarcasm. She died of natural causes. As long as you didn't murder her I have no problem. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you claiming that Susan Atkins never showed any remorse for her crimes? She spent the last 35 years of her life running a Christian ministry from her prison cell, preaching remorse and repentence.

However, I DON'T believe she should ever have been released. She was sentenced for horrific murders, NOT for turning Christian!

sad that she died in prison...

I think so too. But now that we've said it the lynch mob is going to come running in screaming KILL KILL KILL!

It is the standard code of procedure to treat the prisoners in the government expense if they have such disease but there is no problem in registering a case in the court saying that Susan wont get enough care since the government will not waste so much money...She shouldnt be permanently released but as a human it is her right to get treated in a hospital she like...so that she must be temporarily released for treatment however the court can give her police security to make sure she dont escape...

Thanks

B???

Why are you claiming that Susan Atkins never showed any remorse for her crimes? She spent the last 35 years of her life running a Christian ministry from her prison cell, preaching remorse and repentence.

However, I DON'T believe she should ever have been released. She was sentenced for horrific murders, NOT for turning Christian!

actually, I just watched a documentary about all the Manson girls. The three involved in the Tate slayings were all interviewed extensively including Atkins (I believe the documentary was filmed in roughly 2004 or so, Atkins is obviously dead now). Of the three, Susan Atkins was the one that came off to me as the least remoseful. Leslie Van Houghton the most remoseful. They also interviewed Susan Atkins mother who claimed her daughter was anything but sorry or remorseful and her own mother suggested that she never be released from prison ever.

The one that freaked me out the most was Squeeky Fromme... she wasn't involved in the California slayings, but did point a gun at president Ford I think it was. She was interviewed in the 2004 documentary too... she even escaped from prison several years ago. She was recently released. She still thinks Manson is God. I have no doubt that she will end up in prison again, soon.