Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Standing Broom Only

timincal

Prattville, Alabama - Several hundred people have stopped by Vintage Blu, a yet-to-be-opened consignment shop, since the phenomenon was discovered Aug. 20. Dozens of theories to explain what’s going on have been thrown out.There must be glue on the bristles of the broom, or there are magnets in the floor working in concert with the buildings electrical system, or maybe ... just maybe ... it’s something from beyond at work.

08280019.jpg

arrow3.gifRead more...

Found this on a web site I visit.The link to the original news article is broken or I would have included it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Torgo

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• timincal

• behaviour???

Hundreds have come to view a broom, a broom! standing?! lol A miracle?!

I'm sure this will get old and all be swept under the rug real soon

Isnt it interesting she has a magical harry potter broom right before her store opens...

Honestly, I simply can't believe it - it just isn't possible, without some sort of human/artificial involvement and/or confederacy of other people. My thought it, if truly no magnets or whatever are found, perhaps the bristles are arranged or cut in such a way as to cause this, but my reason says that just isn't physically possible - it reminds me a little of the tech they're working on that works like gecko feet, that "stick" to walls until it wants to move, then it just picks up normally. I'd love to see more about this.

Maybe its the broom handle the attention should be on, rather than the bristles.

Good publicity for her new shop :rolleyes:

I agree. Publicity stunt.

I used to balance a broom in my room.

Look at the bottom of the broom, it's cut level, it's actually pretty easy to balance them.

So it's a particularly well balanced broom. Whoopty-frakkin doo.

Odd...It wont itself stand because if it is the it will contradict Newtons Gravitational law .....I think its man-made fantasy....Sometimes it may be attached to the floor itself...

Thanks

B???

Odd...It wont itself stand because if it is the it will contradict Newtons Gravitational law .....I think its man-made fantasy....Sometimes it may be attached to the floor itself...

Thanks

B???

Not necessarily. If its center of gravity is above the area that the bristles cover, and it is sturdily built and heavy so it is hard to push over from air currents, it could very well stand up on its own. Not a big deal.

So putting aside the ideas about this being a stunt or trick, if infact what is happening is happening, I want to know if they've tried other brooms or objects over this apparent specific spot on the floor.

Edited by SupeRgirl