Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Implantable micro chip in Obama's Healthcare

bc56

actually, i've heard and read about ron paul but have never actually known who he is or what he does but thx, now i have a reason to google the b****** and see what all the fuss is about

dude... relax... it was a joke......... i could have called you a war veteran and you'd still be labeled as a potential domestic terrorist

by the Federal government

Edited by acidhead

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• Neognosis

• Mattshark

• bc56

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes... pacific salmon and steelhead trout have been tagged with them for decades now.....

Human testing currently is happening as we speak........ http://www.ihealthbeat.org/Features/2007/Use-of-RFID-Implants-Low-Yet-Concerns-Still-Flourish.aspx

Well not with PIT tags (RFID is the same thing), they are simply identifiers. They can hold a limited amount of information. But this idea was suggested for humans a year or so ago and rejected in favour of contactless credit cards.

dude... relax... it was a joke.........

sry man i wasn't trying to come across as rude or anything, i was being serious lol no idea what the guy stands for or what he does

Well not with PIT tags (RFID is the same thing), they are simply identifiers. They can hold a limited amount of information. But this idea was suggested for humans a year or so ago and rejected in favour of contactless credit cards.

Nope you are In-correct....

Read the article.... RFID human implants...... http://www.ihealthbeat.org/Features/2007/Use-of-RFID-Implants-Low-Yet-Concerns-Still-Flourish.aspx

Nope you are In-correct....

Read the article.... RFID human implants...... http://www.ihealthbeat.org/Features/2007/Use-of-RFID-Implants-Low-Yet-Concerns-Still-Flourish.aspx

I read it, it is 2 years old.

sry man i wasn't trying to come across as rude or anything, i was being serious lol no idea what the guy stands for or what he does

no offense taken..... Ron Paul is the most feared man on the political scene today.....

.........supporting him and his agenda gets two-party system false paradigmers screaming 'domestic terrorist' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read it, it is 2 years old.

......and.........?

......and.........?

Quite a bit can happen in that time you know.

Quite a bit can happen in that time you know.

yes it can

FDA clears RFID chip for humans http://www.drugresearcher.com/Tools-and-techniques/FDA-clears-RFID-chip-for-humans

18-Oct-2004

The US Food and Drug Administration this week approved the first implantable radiofrequency identification microchip for human use, elevating RFID from a tool for supply chain management into an enabling technology for improving healthcare delivery to patients.

The approval comes after a period of scrutiny at the FDA, started in July, in which the agency has looked into any privacy and patient confidentiality issues that could arise from the technology.

One implanted in a patient's skin, the RFID tag would allow doctors to scan patients and, for example, ensure that they receive the proper treatment. The unique ID could be linked to a number of data points including a patient's complete medical history and any history of allergies, drug interactions, etc.

VeriChip technology is already widely used for the tagging of pets, and to track livestock, so is well established as an 'in vivo' technology. The Italian Ministry of Health kicked off a six-month trial of the chips for hospitals in April.

The 11 millimetre RFID chips could save lives and possibly limit injuries from errors in medical treatments, claims VeriChip, the company behind the development. VeriChip - a subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions - revealed details of the approval last week during a conference call with investors.

VeriChip believes that the technology could also be used to monitor other implantable devices, such as a pacemaker. It will not hold any data itself apart from a 16 digit number, but this could be linked to a database containing any amount of patient information.

The company plans to market the chip for $125 (not including implantation). It is anticipated that the chip would be inserted in the rear part of the triceps of the right arm under the skin

Meanwhile, the technology is finding some surprising applications outside of the healthcare arena. For example, in Mexico staff in the attorney general's office have received implanted chips from VeriChip that are used to control access to rooms and documents related to the country's efforts to combat drug cartels.

VeriChip is also working on an implant that will contain Global Positioning System (GPS) capabilities. Such a device would allow an individual with a scanner to pinpoint someone's position anywhere around the world.

How about this article:

Indonesia's Papua plans to tag AIDS sufferers

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSTRE4AN3U620081124

JAYAPURA, Indonesia (Reuters) - Indonesia's Papua province is set to pass a bylaw that requires some HIV/AIDS patients to be implanted with microchips in a bid to prevent them infecting others, a lawmaker said on Saturday.

Under the bylaw, which has caused uproar among human rights activists, patients who had shown "actively sexual behavior" could be implanted with a microchip to monitor their activity, lawmaker John Manangsang said.

"It's a simple technology. A signal from the microchip will track their movements and this will be received by monitoring authorities," Manangsang said.

If a patient with HIV/AIDS was found to have infected a healthy person, there would be a penalty, he said without elaborating.

article continues.............

Edited by acidhead

yes it can

FDA clears RFID chip for humans http://www.drugresearcher.com/Tools-and-techniques/FDA-clears-RFID-chip-for-humans

18-Oct-2004

The US Food and Drug Administration this week approved the first implantable radiofrequency identification microchip for human use, elevating RFID from a tool for supply chain management into an enabling technology for improving healthcare delivery to patients.

The approval comes after a period of scrutiny at the FDA, started in July, in which the agency has looked into any privacy and patient confidentiality issues that could arise from the technology.

One implanted in a patient's skin, the RFID tag would allow doctors to scan patients and, for example, ensure that they receive the proper treatment. The unique ID could be linked to a number of data points including a patient's complete medical history and any history of allergies, drug interactions, etc.

VeriChip technology is already widely used for the tagging of pets, and to track livestock, so is well established as an 'in vivo' technology. The Italian Ministry of Health kicked off a six-month trial of the chips for hospitals in April.

The 11 millimetre RFID chips could save lives and possibly limit injuries from errors in medical treatments, claims VeriChip, the company behind the development. VeriChip - a subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions - revealed details of the approval last week during a conference call with investors.

VeriChip believes that the technology could also be used to monitor other implantable devices, such as a pacemaker. It will not hold any data itself apart from a 16 digit number, but this could be linked to a database containing any amount of patient information.

The company plans to market the chip for $125 (not including implantation). It is anticipated that the chip would be inserted in the rear part of the triceps of the right arm under the skin

Meanwhile, the technology is finding some surprising applications outside of the healthcare arena. For example, in Mexico staff in the attorney general's office have received implanted chips from VeriChip that are used to control access to rooms and documents related to the country's efforts to combat drug cartels.

VeriChip is also working on an implant that will contain Global Positioning System (GPS) capabilities. Such a device would allow an individual with a scanner to pinpoint someone's position anywhere around the world.

Yes, that just means it is safe to implant. And that story is even older.

Again GPS only receives, it doesn't send data, even then their would be a lot of issues to over come.

VeriChip re-launches VeriMed electronic health records system

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 http://www.rfidnews.org/2009/08/25/verichip-re-launches-verimed-electronic-health-records-system

VeriChip Corporation, a provider of RFID health care systems, announced that it is re-launching its VeriMed Health Link electronic health records (EHR) system. VeriChip hopes to capitalize on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, which authorized $23 billion in stimulus funds for health care information technology, with an emphasis on the implementation and adoption of EHRs.

VeriChip’s Health Link EHR system, which was cleared by the FDA in 2004, incorporates implantable RFID microchips (VeriChips), handheld scanners for emergency room personnel and online electronic personal health records. So far the company has enrolled a total of 536 patients in the Health Link EHR system.

The system hit a snag in July 2008 after VeriChip sold a significant portion of its assets to The Stanley Works and diminished its marketing efforts for Health Link, but in November 2008 VeriChip’s former Chairman and CEO, Scott R. Silverman, purchased a majority ownership position and has since pushed for the re-launch of Health Link.

According to VeriChip, EHR systems like Health Link offer a number of advantages over previous record keeping methods, including decreased medical errors and reduced costs for providers and insurers.

Anybody paying attention?

Edited by acidhead

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 http://www.rfidnews.org/2009/08/25/verichip-re-launches-verimed-electronic-health-records-system

VeriChip Corporation, a provider of RFID health care systems, announced that it is re-launching its VeriMed Health Link electronic health records (EHR) system. VeriChip hopes to capitalize on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, which authorized $23 billion in stimulus funds for health care information technology, with an emphasis on the implementation and adoption of EHRs.

VeriChip’s Health Link EHR system, which was cleared by the FDA in 2004, incorporates implantable RFID microchips (VeriChips), handheld scanners for emergency room personnel and online electronic personal health records. So far the company has enrolled a total of 536 patients in the Health Link EHR system.

The system hit a snag in July 2008 after VeriChip sold a significant portion of its assets to The Stanley Works and diminished its marketing efforts for Health Link, but in November 2008 VeriChip’s former Chairman and CEO, Scott R. Silverman, purchased a majority ownership position and has since pushed for the re-launch of Health Link.

According to VeriChip, EHR systems like Health Link offer a number of advantages over previous record keeping methods, including decreased medical errors and reduced costs for providers and insurers.

Again, this is a private company trying to sell this, not the government implementing or forcing this upon people.

Mattshark...

Do you see the red bolded part? What does it say?

Again, this is a private company trying to sell this, not the government implementing or forcing this upon people.

"....$23 billion in stimulus funds for health care information technology, with an emphasis on the implementation and adoption of EHRs......"

http://www.rfidnews.org/2009/08/25/verichip-re-launches-verimed-electronic-health-records-system

"....$23 billion in stimulus funds for health care information technology, with an emphasis on the implementation and adoption of EHRs......"

http://www.rfidnews.org/2009/08/25/verichip-re-launches-verimed-electronic-health-records-system

Quote mining. Read all of it. Especially the bit where it starts with.

VeriChip hopes to capitalize on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, which authorized $23 billion in stimulus funds for health care information technology, with an emphasis on the implementation and adoption of EHRs.

That doesn't mean they want to adopt tagging of people, there are many other forms of electronic health record.

Quote mining.

I've never heard that phrase before. I like it. I'm sure I'll be stealing that in the future.

Edited by Startraveler

Quote mining. Read all of it. Especially the bit where it starts with.

That doesn't mean they want to adopt tagging of people, there are many other forms of electronic health record.

The timing is impeccable...

The timing is impeccable...

The technology is nothing new, this is just a company trying to cash in on their variant on it, that is all. To attack the government over this is erroneous.

Have you read the healthcare reform bill.... or are you, like many forum members here, taking Startravelers word for it?

I meant to respond to this earlier. When I talk about the reform bill I'm not asking anyone to take my word on anything; I can (and, I think, generally do) provide links--be it to sections of the bill itself or CBO analyses or whatever--to back up anything I say. Indeed, I encourage anyone who wants to learn more about the bill's contents to visit this thread and explore the different links (ranging from summaries from the Congressional Research Service to the Kaiser Family Foundation to the actual text of the bill itself). As the conservatives' favorite president used to say: trust, but verify.

Edited by Startraveler

I bet all these people worrying about being tracked own mobile phones.

I bet all these people worrying about being tracked own mobile phones.

Yes but... a mobile phone isn't something that is attached to your body.

Yes but unlike a little chip (which can only store data), you can very easily be tracked through it.

That doesn't seem to be the case actually. :P

There should be a section for crackpot conspiracy theories so these things don't constantly leak into the World News section.

It doesn't matter. the crackpots have adjusted their tinfoil hats and have found someting to get excited about... they do not care if it is accurate or not, they are having too much fun.

I didnt read the whole thread, I just have one question, does the bill really say in any way shape or form, anything about a implantable chip?