Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection

Rickety

So I gotta ask, people say it's possible, and I've tried doing it before and have been unsuccessful, so I need to know, how exactly are you supposed to do it? I've heard all the "You just go into deep meditation!" but that's gotta be crap, I've gone into a meditation so deep that I was actually communicated with a demon that's been haunting me, and I could verbally hear his voice (rather menacing his voice really), but I've never gone downtown during this meditation. So if it's even possible, could someone tell me how? In-depth?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rickety

• CaitSith

• emeraldfire

• Rosewin

Do you literally mean going downtown? That wouldn't be astral projection it would be an OBE. Astral projection is entering the astral realm, thats why its called astral projection and not downtown projection.

So I gotta ask, people say it's possible, and I've tried doing it before and have been unsuccessful, so I need to know, how exactly are you supposed to do it? I've heard all the "You just go into deep meditation!" but that's gotta be crap, I've gone into a meditation so deep that I was actually communicated with a demon that's been haunting me, and I could verbally hear his voice (rather menacing his voice really), but I've never gone downtown during this meditation. So if it's even possible, could someone tell me how? In-depth?

I've been trying to astral project unsuccessfully too. I've been doing the deep meditation and then trying to use the "lift out" method. I've been able to get one of my arms out, but nothing further than that.

Do you literally mean going downtown? That wouldn't be astral projection it would be an OBE. Astral projection is entering the astral realm, thats why its called astral projection and not downtown projection.

You know what I mean dude, I was being sarcastic.

I've been trying to astral project unsuccessfully too. I've been doing the deep meditation and then trying to use the "lift out" method. I've been able to get one of my arms out, but nothing further than that.

It sounds like your off to a good start actually. From there do you get that feeling similar to what you get when your about to die in a dream? That feeling that makes you want to snap back to conciousness? That is sort of the point you have to break past...

So what is this method of just "getting up"? And what does the astral world look like?

So what is this method of just "getting up"? And what does the astral world look like?

The method of getting up for me is probably quite different than for you, it involves changing to a form that is smaller and more comfortable for me. As to what it looks like, that is more subjective to you. Astral projection is a very personal experience, whether you consider it a breach into another level of existance or merely an awakening to a higher self with in the mind it is still a very unique spiritual adventure into yourself. I could relate my experiences to you but that would have you shooting for a similar experience when your experience might be totally different and more fulfilling.

But how is it achieved? I mean, I know about the deep meditation and everything, but how do you "get up" from your body, I mean do you just try to move your arm or something, or do you just do that thing where you tell your arm to move, but it never actually does?

But how is it achieved? I mean, I know about the deep meditation and everything, but how do you "get up" from your body, I mean do you just try to move your arm or something, or do you just do that thing where you tell your arm to move, but it never actually does?

This is difficult to describe, you need to sever the ties to your physical body, its not really arms you will be using, more or less the thought forms of arms. The central theme here is detachment. I could talk you through it under hypnosis easier than to type it here and have you go off and try it on your own.

But that's the thing, I mean what would you say during the hypnosis? I can get a good grasp by reading, it's just everywhere else the websites have said that I need to try and move my spiritual arm. What does that even mean? lol

But that's the thing, I mean what would you say during the hypnosis? I can get a good grasp by reading, it's just everywhere else the websites have said that I need to try and move my spiritual arm. What does that even mean? lol

feel your body slowly easing into hibernation... relaxing

your resperation slow and steady. . . relaxing, calming

feel your concious self seperating from the physical. . . relaxing

let the astral body rise into a realm of soft light. . relaxed

allow the physical self to sink away into the the cool, comfortable sleep of hibernation

steady your mind relaxed and unfocused, take in and become aware of yourself as you truly are mind and soul, separate from the physical burden....

it could go on,

heres a way that should work. its had some pretty good results with others I just can't fit the nap in to my day or I would try it as well and I still plan to:

let me know of your results. it really sounds like the SP thing should work based on what I know. If you need more on how to exit you can look up lucid dream tricks or something like that on youtube and theres a guy who gives I think 12 lessons on the subject. let me know of your results

So correct me if I'm wrong. But I've heard that when you Astral Project, you are able to go anywhere in the universe that you so desire. Is this true?

• 1 month later...

Well, I have astral projected before, no before people write me off. This is how I did it , I do not know if it will help you or not. I have a friend that is Wicca, and she and I have a slight connection to one another, and I wanted to see if we could deepen mine and hers connection. I am empath, but for some reason I can not pick up on her, not as well as my other friend whom Im connected to as well. I can only pick up on people Im connected to, because I havent learned how to do my abilitie that well yet.

Anyways, she and I thought about meditating together so we did, and she said lets try something and I said what ? And she said well we know you have abilities, you havent opened them up yet ( she helps me to learn to open my abilities and learn how to use them) She said lets see if you can astral project and I said okay what do I do ??? And she said just think about what you want to do , try to come where I am, concentrate on it . She said push me poke me something and Ill tell you if I feel anything, and I siad okay .

So that is exacally what I did I concentrate on touching her, on the shoulder and I didnt tell her which shoulder or what i was thinking of, within Im guessing 20 mins, she said your touching my left shoulder arent you , and that is exacally what I was thinking of and concentrating on soo much, and she had no clue.

We stopped meditating cause then I started getting sick and a bad huge headache and she was getting drained like someone was pullign energy from her, so we stopped.

I do not know if that was full astral project , either way she felt what I was thinking of doing. Dont know if that would help you or not ?

I have went into astral once and did not like the feeling so never tried again. I also had an OOBE once as well and did not like the sensation or my reaction to floating either.

The difference between the two for me was that the astral realm looked just like ours, except in my case there was a lot more wind, the blinds in my room for blowing all over the place. When I snapped out of it everything was the same, same room, but there was no wind and all the windows were calmly shut.

The OOBE I experienced, everything was the same, it was not an intentional coming out of my body, there was no wind, in fact some doors in my house were closed and a light was on, not that way when I began getting drowsy and falling sleepy, it was exactly that way when I got up.

When I actually attempted to astral I simply felt my energy centers, where we think, where we feel emotions, then I just let the energy step out of my body, I envisioned it stepping out.

Before that though I allowed each part of my body to start feeling numb, by letting your arm and hand fall down naturally you can feel it slightly more heavy, this is the numb feeling I was going for, eyes closed, relaxed, I just began tracing an outline of my body, when I went off track or began thinking of something else instead of simply focusing, I went back to last numbish feeling area and continued. By time I went all around my body I was in the proper meditative state to then visualize myself stepping out of my body, my energy stepping out.

My father taught me this. He was young and doing karate exercises, sitting in front of a wall, visualizing his fist going into it, then suddenly he stepped out without even knowing it would happen.

Good practice for this is just making psi-balls as some like to call them, make them with your energy, make one and try and grow it, spin it, make two and juggle them, etc...this is just a way to get you in touch with your energy, once then try a meditation technique that lets you become in tune or focus or stop thinking about normal things and thoughts, then try stepping out. Be warned there might be dangers in this, some say there is not, I felt an ugly presence and did not like it.

I meditate often, and well I do not know what is going on , last night I tried meditating , here lately somethings been happening, and well I do not like the feeling of it . This is the feelings :

When I am finally meditating, my heart speeds up , and I try to calm it down, and then It is hard to breath like well it is hard to keep my breath under control . And then I feel liek Im being pulled out of my body, and it scares me, because I get lightheaded and I feel like at any moment I am going to fall backwards and pass out , and never regain conciousness. I haven't a clue what is going on, bbut I have been afraid to deep meditate again , now because of it , any clue on what it might be?

emerald you stated you meditate often so does that mean you have achieved these deep meditative states before? Have you tried astral before?

To me it sounds as if deep meditation or even the beginning of an astral experience might be just a new experience you are not comfortable with yet. Sometimes when we are out of our elements, too many new sounds, scents, or also a total lack of all sensory perception and it becomes too quiet, then we might begin to panic.

If that is not the case though and you have deeply meditated before then maybe you are doing something different now?

Not completely letting go of all external thoughts? Thinking of the outside world or on something within it might trigger the astral experience because you are taking your deepest essence and then projecting it onto the world. You might want to discuss this aspect with someone who is an actual explorer and has been many times with a wide range of experiences.

Your heart beating fast as a first symptom and then trying to actively calm it down sounds like you are struggling when you should be at ease and letting go or simply accepting all that is. Speaking with someone who is an expert on meditation would do you good too.

Edited by Rosewin

emerald you stated you meditate often so does that mean you have achieved these deep meditative states before? Have you tried astral before?

To me it sounds as if deep meditation or even the beginning of an astral experience might be just a new experience you are not comfortable with yet. Sometimes when we are out of our elements, too many new sounds, scents, or also a total lack of all sensory perception and it becomes too quiet, then we might begin to panic.

If that is not the case though and you have deeply meditated before then maybe you are doing something different now?

Not completely letting go of all external thoughts? Thinking of the outside world or on something within it might trigger the astral experience because you are taking your deepest essence and then projecting it onto the world. You might want to discuss this aspect with someone who is an actual explorer and has been many times with a wide range of experiences.

Your heart beating fast as a first symptom and then trying to actively calm it down sounds like you are struggling when you should be at ease and letting go or simply accepting all that is. Speaking with someone who is an expert on meditation would do you good too.

I have meditated before, and I do it often, I am new to it though, however, I have been reading books on meditating, llike the different levels, there was also an article on here about how some people meditate by finding a focal point and then seeing that focal point in the minds eye. My 3rd eye is open, always had been as long as I can remeber as a child. I didnt know this till recently, but apparently I had in the past meditated before without so much givign it a second thought, mainly before I go to sleep I used to " meditate" and I thought I was just occupying my mind ya know, making up focal points in my mind . From reading the article on here, I realize that apparently I know more about meditating then I thought I did..

Normally my heart doesn't b eat fast when i meditate, it just did that recently , kind of scared me, I felt like I was going to pass out, like I was being pulled out of my body , probably makes no sense. But I have yet to meditate

sense, thank you for the advice though, I should talk to someone that practices it often :)

It really sounds like you are about to astral but do not feel safe in stepping out. It is a very distinct sensation and the light headedness could mean quite a few things but light everythingness is sort of the way to describe the feeling when in astral or in an OOBE. If one is not expecting it it will take them by surprise, as it did my father, as it did me when I was purposely trying.

It really sounds like you are about to astral but do not feel safe in stepping out. It is a very distinct sensation and the light headedness could mean quite a few things but light everythingness is sort of the way to describe the feeling when in astral or in an OOBE. If one is not expecting it it will take them by surprise, as it did my father, as it did me when I was purposely trying.

At first I felt like I felt weightless. Ya know, then I got light headed and felt like I could fall backward at any moment, then I started panicking lol . And I was like whats happening, then I felt like I was being pulled like my soul ( if that makes sense) was being pulled out of me, and I felt liek i could pass out liek i was afraid that was happeneing, I didnt know if i could " come back " so I stopped myself . Im still a little weary to go back and do that