Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

moon hoax

Deathsythe Hell

I recently saw a special on fox that talked about the moon landing being a hoax. I thought that all the evidence made sence and I am really sure that a lot of people need convincing of it and a found a website that talks about it and displays the evidence   www.ufos-aliens.co.uk

visit if you need convincing :o

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Dowdy

• Jamie

• PurpleStuart

I heard about this hoax.  I didnt believe it was true until I read about the flag.  In the picture the flag is waving, but how can a flag wave when there is no wind??

Jamie

Hey Death,

Ha Ha Ha Ha! (I always wanted to laugh at death)  :)

Seriously though, check out the thread started by Dowdy on the moon landing hoax in the Skeptics section of this forum. I don't really want to rehash an old topic, especially one that is quite silly. Check out the links I provide that pretty much make hash of all the arguments about the moon landing being a hoax and decide what you want to believe from there. The link you provided seems quite interesting, although there were a couple broken links to some subjects on that website I would have liked to explore further, bummer. It also shows more Mars anomolies pictures that weren't in the link I provided on another post, these guys have quite an imagination. ;)

It may interest you Gareth, they have several USGS photo's that show the entire Area 51 base. There aren't any real detailed close up pictures, but still interesting.

MAGIKMAN

Magikman,

That's actually a very interesting site, with a considerable number of features and articles, although some of them seem a bit far fetched. The images of area51 are also very good. I don't think there's a single shot of the base missed out on that page.

It's just a shame that some of the links are broken as you said - I would love to have seen the "last photograph of Phobos 2 with a 20km long ufo mothership beside it". ;D

Magikman,

the flag is easy to explain but how do you explain this?

In this photograph of John Young readjusting an antenna next to the Lunar Rover Vehicle (LRV), there is a marker, known as a cross-hair (inset) (P), that goes behind the LRV's equipment. These cross-hairs (Q), which appear on all the lunar photographs, are made by a screen of cross-hairs placed between the shutter and the film. The bright, reflected light may have obliterated the fine line of this one, or it could have happened if the image was retouched. The foreground shows what looks like the letter 'C' on a boulder ®. Is this perhaps an identification letter left on a studio prop? The letter C on the original photo is actually quite well defined and it is hard to imagine what can cause such a well-laid inscription on a boulder in a desolate place such as the moon. The tracks made by the LRV's wheel turn rather oddly at right-angles (S). These tracks could have been caused by studio technicians pushing the buggy into place. Such clear tracks and footprints require moisture to form and should not appear on the dry lunar surface.

Dowdy,

Help me understand something. You posted this statement to Homer in the Re: Skeptical? thread in the Skeptical category;

"i actually believe that we went to the moon but no one was posting anything in the 'Skeptic's Corner' so i had to start something to get it going."

So what is it? Are you attempting to prove to Allen (Yellow-Wizard) that you can indeed be annoying at times, or did you not read the information I provided in the link on your "Moon Hoax" thread. All the answers to your questions are there if you really do want to know them. There are other links on that website that provide even more explanations if you care to follow them. Remember, what you know is limited only by the amount of data you allow yourself to accumulate.

Magikman

Magikman,

i do believe that we went to the moon but i'm NOT a strong believer in that we went to the moon, but i still believe we went to the moon. I still have my doubts about some pictures like the one i just showed.

You seem to be a strong believer that we went so maybe you might have some answers for the picture i showed.

And i read the whole thing in the skepitics corner and it didn't provide any answers to the picture. Although a link you provided told about the crosshair and about the white 'bleeding' over black  but it doesn't tell about the other two things in the photo. you might have the answers for that.

Dowdy,

Fair enough. Yes, there are answers to what appear to be anomolies in the picture you posted. As I had mentioned, you only had to follow the additional links the website provided to obtain the information. Go to this link that offers an explanation to footprints in the dust as well as their opinion on the 'marked' rock;

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/dust.html#rock

The main page has a row of clickable links on the left side of the screen;

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

Click on the link titled Patently Obvious for an explanation as to the odd track marks left by the rover. Its near the bottom of the page. Simply put, the rover's steering was done by the rear wheels, not the front, and the track in the picture is going down an incline, which means some of the track outline is partially hidden from us. Also check out the Photography Fakery link for a pictorial representation of the 'bright white color bleeding into the crosshair' explanation. If you get a chance and/or some time, follow all the links along the left side of the screen, I believe it to be even more detailed than the website I offered on your original post.

MAGIKMAN

Another thing that baffles me is the pressure the astronauts are subjected to by wearing their space suits.

How can the astronauts move freely considerding the pressure they are under when wearing the space suits.

Any answers for that Magikman.

• 1 year later...

A couple of links debunking that fox program, click the smilies:

:sj

:sj

Many apologises if these links have already been posted. Dowdy, the second link may be of interest as it deals directly with the photos

Just gone and checked the other thread, and yes MM has already beaten me to it on those links (by quite a long way) - sorry for the duplication!

i think they really went to the moon..

we are really making a moutain out of a molehill here.

not everything is a conspiracy, and i doubt sending a man to the moon is one. 1 reason is that usually conspiracies are done in secret, not broadcasted to the whole world.

the flag, dust on the craft, blah blah all can be explained with basic science.

i always thought that the flag has a wire on the top to keep it upright ...

• 1 month later...

Just a thought, since they found Mars rocks in antartica wouldn't it also be feasible to find moon rocks on Earth. This way if it was hoaked and they have the rocks to prove that they went, couldn't have been faked by using those rocks found on Earth?

I'm pretty sure the missions did go as seen because my uncle was a Seaman on the U.S.S. Hornet that retrived Apollo 11 out of the ocean after splash down.

I was wondering. In most of my reading on this subject, prompted funnily enough by Magikman, I didn't manage to come across any explanations with regards to the spacesuits worn by the astronauts at the time. Probably I haven't looked in the right places. The TV program that I watched stated that the cooling mechanism within the suits couldn't possibly be good enough to protect the astronauts from the intense solar heat of the sun on the bright side of the moon. (With there being not atmospheric shielding of solar radiation). Please bear in mind that these suits weren't even as advanced as the suits worn nowadays by modern volcano researchers as the material used in these, especially in the light form required, hadn't been invented at the time of the moon landing.

Please understand that I am not saying that it is impossible for the astronaughts to have moonwalked wearing these suits, I am just looking for an explanation as to why they couldn't be used to sketh a charcoal picture when they returned to the moon lander. ;D

Cheers, Electro.

Electro,

Here's some information for you;

CLICK HERE

Go to the bottom of the page. If you seek answers, practice entering certain word combinations in a decent search engine - www.google.com - and check the results for exact hits. Also, make use of the advance search options to reduce the number of hits to shorten your search.

BC - read the thread on the moon hoax landing in the Skeptics Category for an answer to your question about the moon rocks.

Magikman :sg

• 1 month later...

Ok, here's a possible explanation as to why they could only jump around 18 inches or so, as opposed to a few feet, given that the gravity on the moon is 1/6th that of Earth; The suits were pressurized and quite bulky, enabling them to only bend their knees slightly. So, try this; bend your knees a few inches and try jumping. How far did you get? Not very, unless you lack some important bones or if your muscles are freakin' huge!

I admit, when I first heard about this controversy, it intriuged me; it was on a morning talk show about 10 years ago. Then, I started looking for the evidence to support their claims and it just wasn't their.

No cover up, no conspiracy, just a few quirky and isolated incidences.

At least that's my two pence....

Merry Xmas all! smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Having read the link I see no mention of how the suits provide protection against solar radiation. Just curious but there's a difference between remaining cool and thoroughly irradiated.

I suppose we'll just have to wait for the launch of the Japanese obitting sattelite which is due to be launched soon whose mission it is to survey and map the entire moon's surface. We can then see if there are any flags or pod remains etc..

I can't wait because I own seven acres of the moon's surface and I fancy having a gander at my plot.

Cheers,

Electro.