Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Study: UK Muslim youth feel demonized

acidhead

Ahh....

"Press TV takes revolutionary steps as the first Iranian international news network, broadcasting in English on a round-the-clock basis"

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• itsnotoutthere

• momentarylapseofreason

• Bill Hill

pooh

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

pardon......

I can't feel good about Islam. How does it benefit me or 50% of the world's poulation? What's in it for me? I feel demonized by their sexist beliefs. How about that?

Playing the scapegoat is just another manipulative strategy. Haven't they gotten enough? Now you even have shariah courts in Britain-polygamy- lovely!! Notice how they whine enough to get what they want? They want special treatment!

An inconvenient/uncomfortable truth: sorry, but thanks to Islam & its (literal)interpretation -we now have more suicide bombers than ever before. Most Muslims are certainly innocentand mean no harm, yes, but thanks to these beliefs and the recent history lesson, they are going to have to deal with this suspicion. how do we sort them out?

Of course the people are suspicious for good reason. We/they saw the results Of course fear & suspicion has been sown-sadly no love-no admiration-no respect on my/our part-nothing has been earned.

Like Pat Condell said: if you can't judge a religion by it's followers than you can't judge a football teams by its results.

Yeah for social cohesion

Yes, i have Islamaphobia, I admit, do I fear all Muslims? Of course not, but I do fear Islam.....an independent thinking woman with daughters should be afraid....be very afraid. i would never encourage the spreading of this belief system

There are 40 something Islamic countries and most of them are (fill in blank) and in deplorable condition, except for some oil rich countries (well they are still cr@p). See what wonders, riches and compassion Islam has brought these countries? No thanks..............I'll pass

sorry for the errors I'm very very tired

It was the same for the Irish, period. Irish immigrants were treated as second class citizens, but they kept their heads down and did their best to integrate with the existing English communities. Credit to them, they did it; and today there are no issues concerning them or their descendants that I'm aware of.

That's not what we're seeing today with Asian/Muslim immigrants. What we're seeing now has a ring of annexation to it. Instead of integrating with the populace, a large number are gluing to each other, creating their own communities and now their own courts.

Very true.

The majority - or, vast majority - do exclude themselves from British culture and rule. And instead, try and set up the same thing that they ran away from...

But the minority do integrate well, I've had an Iranian couple as neighbors who were great. But, Iran isn't really all that crazy - the general population that is. 'Though, we did have a somalian family on the street, and they were wierd... Never smiled at you when you said hello, infact. I don't even think they spoke English in the first place. Both have since moved away, but the Iranian ex-neighbors pop by now and then.

I can't feel good about Islam. How does it benefit me or 50% of the world's poulation? What's in it for me? I feel demonized by their sexist beliefs. How about that?

Playing the scapegoat is just another manipulative strategy. Haven't they gotten enough? Now you even have shariah courts in Britain-polygamy- lovely!! Notice how they whine enough to get what they want? They want special treatment!

An inconvenient/uncomfortable truth: sorry, but thanks to Islam & its (literal)interpretation -we now have more suicide bombers than ever before. Most Muslims are certainly innocentand mean no harm, yes, but thanks to these beliefs and the recent history lesson, they are going to have to deal with this suspicion. how do we sort them out?

Of course the people are suspicious for good reason. We/they saw the results Of course fear & suspicion has been sown-sadly no love-no admiration-no respect on my/our part-nothing has been earned.

Like Pat Condell said: if you can't judge a religion by it's followers than you can't judge a football teams by its results.

Yeah for social cohesion

Yes, i have Islamaphobia, I admit, do I fear all Muslims? Of course not, but I do fear Islam.....an independent thinking woman with daughters should be afraid....be very afraid. i would never encourage the spreading of this belief system

There are 40 something Islamic countries and most of them are (fill in blank) and in deplorable condition, except for some oil rich countries (well they are still cr@p). See what wonders, riches and compassion Islam has brought these countries? No thanks..............I'll pass

sorry for the errors I'm very very tired

Totally agree. And what annoys me is individuals & institutions (BBC) & government telling me to embrace & learn about Islam. I don't want to, but that goes for christianity, buddism or any other religion.

But have you noticed that Islam is interchangable to suit the circumstances, Sometimes it a religion, sometimes it's a culture & sometimes it's a people. Well as a religion I want nothing whatsoever to do with it & I don't want it forced into my life.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Sorry but thats just about the most amount of bull**** ive heard in a long time, Notice how everyone has suddnely developed their own peorsonnel views of islam since 9/11, i mean how many of you actually talked about islam before that?

I can't feel good about Islam. How does it benefit me or 50% of the world's poulation? What's in it for me? I feel demonized by their sexist beliefs. How about that?Playing the scapegoat is just another manipulative strategy.

Sorry but you sound awfully paranoid here, manipulative strategy rofl

Haven't they gotten enough? Now you even have shariah courts in Britain-polygamy- lovely!! Notice how they whine enough to get what they want? They want special treatment! An inconvenient/uncomfortable truth: sorry, but thanks to Islam & its (literal)interpretation -we now have more suicide bombers than ever before.

do you want me to remind you of the kamakaze troops of japan, besides most muslim suicide bombers target fellow muslims anyway

an independent thinking woman with daughters should be afraid....be very afraid.

More Bull*** if you do live in the uk than look out of your window and take a look at islamic women of today, islamic women of britain are independant thinking, i live in britain so i know i dont knwo what planet you live on. and most islamic countries of today have given women just as much rights as men.

i would never encourage the spreading of this belief systemThere are 40 something Islamic countries and most of them are (fill in blank) and in deplorable condition, except for some oil rich countries (well they are still cr@p).

are you comparing their apprently crap country with the UK lol, foreigners cant wait to get into britain but The bristish cant wait to leave the country( for a break obviously)

See what wonders, riches and compassion Islam has brought these countries? No thanks..............I'll passsorry for the errors I'm very very tired

you need to do better research my freind these

countries u talk about are thriving nations.

Edited by AKUMA166

Sorry but thats just about the most amount of bull**** ive heard in a long time, Notice how everyone has suddnely developed their own peorsonnel views of islam since 9/11, i mean how many of you actually talked about islam before that?

Sorry but you sound awfully paranoid here, manipulative strategy rofl

do you want me to remind you of the kamakaze troops of japan, besides most muslim suicide bombers target fellow muslims anyway

More Bull*** if you do live in the uk than look out of your window and take a look at islamic women of today, islamic women of britain are independant thinking, i live in britain so i know i dont knwo what planet you live on. and most islamic countries of today have given women just as much rights as men.

are you comparing their apprently crap country with the UK lol, foreigners cant wait to get into britain but The bristish cant wait to leave the country( for a break obviously)

you need to do better research my freind these

countries u talk about are thriving nations.

That's the problem my dear friend, I did research and still am researching Islam. Islam is not nearly as complicated,corrupted & complicated as Christianity. I used to romanticize about Islam, then for a while I was neutral to it, had no interest. After some of these attacks my curiosity peaked and I started reading the Quran and Hadiths and am on a debate Forum with Muslims & ex-Muslims. A german friend told me to read the Quran because I couldn't blieve that he was suddenly so negative towards Islam and aquired a disgust for the prophet Muhammad.

The Quran and the Prophet are much more disturbing and repulsive than I ever thought possible. and no, most of those 40 something nations are not thriving. What is your interpretation of "thriving"? I respect some of these countries more than others. If your Islamic countries are so thriving why are so many many Muslims immigrating to Europe and elsewhere? I don't see us immigrating into most of these Islamic countries.I have been in several Islamic countries and although many were hospitable and friendly I could hardly wait to get out (because of some incidences). And you have no idea how many times I and my female friends had been called a whore/**** by younger Muslims in germany (strangly never in the U.S.) or either they pester you like flies on poop (because they think I'm a $lut?). If you want to know why I would be glad to share my experiences for the 3rd or 4th time. I have also had very pleasant experiences with Muslims, mostly in the U.S. But Islam, no thanks. So what good has Islam brought us? I'm all eyes............

People should adjust/adapt to the country they migrate into, not the other way around.

In germany Muslim girls aren't even allowed to associate (on a deeper level) with non-Muslims, go on class trips, swim class,school dances.Why?Men are allowed to marry non-Muslim women but Muslim women are not allowed the same. Why? Many men don't allow their women to work or learn the language in germany.Why? People,teachers, social workers are fustrated. Many of those are my friends and I know what's going on and saw with my own eyes. we have some modern thinking Muslims too but most are not. People even have gotten away with honor killings because of religion/culture.Why?

And yes many British are wanting to get out of britain. Bad weather, high taxes, high house prices,corrupt politicians,overcrowding etc. etc. but they are not rushing to Islamic countries are they? Nope, Canada,Australia, New Zealand, USA, Spain.........

If you disagree start an appropriate thread.

Yea Matt, it's all just whiney white biggots that cause all the problems.

Would you describe these colourful characters as racists? You'd probebly say they were 'ligitimately venting their anger' or some other wet liberal cliche.

post-39751-125182327293_thumb.jpg

post-39751-125182329273_thumb.jpg

post-39751-125182331421_thumb.jpg

post-39751-12518233262_thumb.jpg

post-39751-125182334223_thumb.jpg

post-39751-125182336009_thumb.jpg

post-39751-125182337424_thumb.jpg

post-39751-125182338805_thumb.jpg

What a bizzar topsy turvey world you live in matt.

Don't pull that crap, mate.

Burning-cross2.jpg

Mjc~ODE2_large.jpg

Extremism is a part of all religions. If you just all by the actions of a view, might as well dump out the baby with the bathwater.

Originally by momentarylapseofreason

So what good has Islam brought us?

What good has Christianity or any other world religion caused for that matter?

Don't pull that crap, mate.

Burning-cross2.jpg

Mjc~ODE2_large.jpg

Extremism is a part of all religions. If you just all by the actions of a view, might as well dump out the baby with the bathwater.

What good has Christianity or any other world religion caused for that matter?

I'm no fan of religion but I am a fan of honesty, free speech, good deeds, compassionate intelligence & education. These bare more good fruits than all prayers.

I'm no fan of religion but I am a fan of honesty, free speech, good deeds, compassionate intelligence & education. These bare more good fruits than all prayers.

Agreed. Note that all extremism, from any religion, mocks or blocks it.

Agreed. Note that all extremism, from any religion, mocks or blocks it.

Yep. With religion the potential of morphing into extremism is always there. People handle/make decisons with emotions not logic, when it comes to religion. Religion is/can be a weapon than can be easily justified to use as such. Seems you can get almost get away with anything under the guise of religion.

Just like here>> Accused Abortion Doctor Killer In Talks With High Profile Attorney

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - The suspect in the killing of abortion provider George Tiller is in talks with a prominent attorney who represents anti-abortion protesters and has long advocated justifiable homicide as a legal defense in such cases.

Scott Roeder, 51, has pleaded not guilty...........................

http://www.kfwb.com/pages/5108006.php?

Oh boy way off subject..........

"What good has Christianity or any other world religion caused for that matter?"

Hey buddy, I agree. If you read my last post you'll see that I don't want any religion forced upon me, least of all islam. As previously stated by someone else 'if you can judge a religion by it's followers' then I would be a buddist.

This thread was about why a certain section of our society feels demonized & the images i posted go a long way to explain why.

What do you think the reaction would be were i to go to live in Iran or Saudi & walked down the street carrying a plackard with the words "DEATH TO ISLAM" or "YOUR 9/11 IS ON ITS WAY" do you suppose i would be 'demonized'? One thing's for sure i'd be locked up before i got 30 yards.

p.s. when did the KKK become an official religion?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

"What good has Christianity or any other world religion caused for that matter?"

Hey buddy, I agree. If you read my last post you'll see that I don't want any religion forced upon me, least of all islam. As previously stated by someone else 'if you can judge a religion by it's followers' then I would be a buddist.

This thread was about why a certain section of our society feels demonized & the images i posted go a long way to explain why.

What do you think the reaction would be were i to go to live in Iran or Saudi & walked down the street carrying a plackard with the words "DEATH TO ISLAM" or "YOUR 9/11 IS ON ITS WAY" do you suppose i would be 'demonized'? One thing's for sure i'd be locked up before i got 30 yards.

p.s. when did the KKK become an official religion?

Why because people are too thick to make sensible judgements and find anything other than generalisation impossible and the fact that there is a lot of racism to towards British Pakistanis.

You can't justify that with out being a bigoted yourself.

Why because people are too thick to make sensible judgements and find anything other than generalisation impossible and the fact that there is a lot of racism to towards British Pakistanis.

You can't justify that with out being a bigoted yourself.

ditto.

er..at what point did this become a debate about British Pakistanis? I thought that this was about why certain islamic sections of society feel demonized & the obvious reasons why.

but your knee-jerk reactions speak volumes.

hmm...I wonder why the british chinese comunity or the british greek community or the british polish community don't bleat on about being demonized...oh..but hang on, i can't ever remember them attacking homecomming british soldiers, or blowing up london buses.....hmm that might be a factor....but then again, what do i know, i'm the racist, right?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

ditto.

er..at what point did this become a debate about British Pakistanis? I thought that this was about why certain islamic sections of society feel demonized & the obvious reasons why.

but your knee-jerk reactions speak volumes.

I was just pointing that they are majority Muslim group who suffer from a lot of racism in the UK.

That's the problem my dear friend, I did research and still am researching Islam. Islam is not nearly as complicated,corrupted & complicated as Christianity. I used to romanticize about Islam, then for a while I was neutral to it, had no interest. After some of these attacks my curiosity peaked and I started reading the Quran and Hadiths and am on a debate Forum with Muslims & ex-Muslims. A german friend told me to read the Quran because I couldn't blieve that he was suddenly so negative towards Islam and aquired a disgust for the prophet Muhammad.

The Quran and the Prophet are much more disturbing and repulsive than I ever thought possible. and no, most of those 40 something nations are not thriving. What is your interpretation of "thriving"? I respect some of these countries more than others. If your Islamic countries are so thriving why are so many many Muslims immigrating to Europe and elsewhere? I don't see us immigrating into most of these Islamic countries.I have been in several Islamic countries and although many were hospitable and friendly I could hardly wait to get out (because of some incidences). And you have no idea how many times I and my female friends had been called a whore/**** by younger Muslims in germany (strangly never in the U.S.) or either they pester you like flies on poop (because they think I'm a $lut?). If you want to know why I would be glad to share my experiences for the 3rd or 4th time. I have also had very pleasant experiences with Muslims, mostly in the U.S. But Islam, no thanks. So what good has Islam brought us? I'm all eyes............

People should adjust/adapt to the country they migrate into, not the other way around.

In germany Muslim girls aren't even allowed to associate (on a deeper level) with non-Muslims, go on class trips, swim class,school dances.Why?Men are allowed to marry non-Muslim women but Muslim women are not allowed the same. Why? Many men don't allow their women to work or learn the language in germany.Why? People,teachers, social workers are fustrated. Many of those are my friends and I know what's going on and saw with my own eyes. we have some modern thinking Muslims too but most are not. People even have gotten away with honor killings because of religion/culture.Why?

And yes many British are wanting to get out of britain. Bad weather, high taxes, high house prices,corrupt politicians,overcrowding etc. etc. but they are not rushing to Islamic countries are they? Nope, Canada,Australia, New Zealand, USA, Spain.........

If you disagree start an appropriate thread.

"If your Islamic countries are so thriving why are so many many Muslims immigrating to Europe and elsewhere?"

And there you have the question that never seems to get a satisfactory answer.

If Islam is so fantastic, & the west so evil, then why do they come in their droves?

post-39751-125197610165_thumb.jpg

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Why because people are too thick to make sensible judgements and find anything other than generalisation impossible

For an extra 10 marks.

Can you spot the contradictions within this statement.

For an extra 10 marks.

Can you spot the contradictions within this statement.

ooh....oohh..(hand in the air)..would it be the 'generalization' that people (plural) are thick sir?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

ooh....oohh..(hand in the air)..would it be the 'generalization' that people (plural) are thick sir?

They are. It is not a generalisation. World average intelligence levels are not great.

Doesn't stop the fact that accusing all Muslims of being bad because a minority are is bigotry. Are all Basques bad and deserve demonisation because of ETA, all Irish because of the IRA, Northern Irish with UVF?

Edited by Mattshark

They are. It is not a generalisation. World average intelligence levels are not great.

Doesn't stop the fact that accusing all Muslims of being bad because a minority are is bigotry. Are all Basques bad and deserve demonisation because of ETA, all Irish because of the IRA, Northern Irish with UVF?

Your not worried that the goal of Islam is to take over completly. They know they can't win a war against the west but they damn well know the west will take them in and change laws to accomidate them. They know this and are using it to there full advantage. Even if there countries were gardens of eden there goal would be to leave and spread Islam. I do not want to find myself living in an Islamic state, ever. Imigration laws need to be reviewed and changed to protect the west from this take over. If some are going to cry racisim let them as a few hurt feelings now will save us a world of hurt later.

Ahh....

"Press TV takes revolutionary steps as the first Iranian international news network, broadcasting in English on a round-the-clock basis"

Busted...

Sounds like the Iranian trying to stir things up...

Your not worried that the goal of Islam is to take over completly. They know they can't win a war against the west but they damn well know the west will take them in and change laws to accomidate them. They know this and are using it to there full advantage. Even if there countries were gardens of eden there goal would be to leave and spread Islam. I do not want to find myself living in an Islamic state, ever. Imigration laws need to be reviewed and changed to protect the west from this take over. If some are going to cry racisim let them as a few hurt feelings now will save us a world of hurt later.

I don't think there is a single Islam to have that goal and there is not take over of the west, that is pure paranoia.

Edited by Mattshark