Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has getting a reading online ever helped you?

Moonie2012

This question is probably going to bother certain people, but I'm honestly curious. Have you ever gotten a reading here at UM (or anywhere else online) that helped with whatever issue you had, or answered your question?

Now, I don't mean if someone gave you a general answer and/or made you understand the root of the problem or gave you a cold reading that could be interpreted all kinds of ways and was general; I want to know if you have ever gotten a solid specific answer (pulled from thin air, so to speak) that answered/solved the issue.

Good example:

Q. Where are my keys?

A. Under the cushion of your easy chair.

Bad example:

Q. Where is my biological mother?

A. Somewhere in the southern USA - she has a dog or maybe a cat.

Edited by Moonie2012

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moonie2012

• Kimi81

• puridalan

• The One Who Is

-snip-

I'm too lazy and too impatient to get a reading online or anywhere :P

Hello, I am new to all of this. I went searching for an answer to what has been going on with me and it is getting more common the last few years but a lot here in the last 6 months. I would really like for someone to give me their opinion, some one who may know something about what I think may be going on. I have been having strange things happen to me at night or in the middle of sleep. I would wake startled or at least I think I'm awake, sometimes I even sit up, of what I can remember I am scared and the only thing I can remember when trying to explain what's happening is my room changes, it also takes my hubby asking me what wrong several times before I can snap out of it. It's like I am half way in between being awake and being asleep. I know I am in my room, but it looks different and everything seems like it's moving around, I can't even make out exactly what the moving things are. That's why I thought for a while that it was some sort of person or spirit. I thought some how I was being haunted by something, or some one wanting me to see them, & I was very scared. Then I started to realize that after I snapped out of it, I would be laying their letting my heart rate go back to normal and trying to elaborate on what happened, I would have a feeling of vibrating. I have even thought that I was feeling an earth quake. I woke dh up the last this happened thinking, we're having an earth quake. When i woke him & asked if he felt the earth quake, he said he felt nothing. I could still feel the vibrations after he went back to sleep. It bothered me that in the morning he was telling me that I scared him, waking up startled and practically jumping on top of him in my sleep because I am being woke up by something. I started thinking about it, and I realized I have been having unexplained things happen to me for as long as I can remember. I also found this site and was reading about peoples experiences with A P and the vibrations that people explain and the jolting back awake, sounded so much like what was going on. So, I have been going to bed and trying to concentrate to see what happens, I start to feel the vibrations almost immediately. So, if any one can give me any insight, i know I just wrote a very long post but I am kinda lost at the moment. Please tell me what you think.

Nobody? Somebody out there must have been helped.

Maybe you should talk with Antaun :P I will be suprised if you get someone who has had a really accurate answer to a questions like that. I don't know if it would be a skill level where their talents aren't finely honed to that degree of accuracy, or if they are guesses. Although I too am curious to see if it has helped out people.

lol if you really want I can find the people, I've helped and they can vouch for themselves. Sometimes people just don't see the topic because they never come into the section themselves bc they leave after they get what they want.

PS Autuan would not be one of them thank gahd

Edited by puridalan

Hello, I am new to all of this. I went searching for an answer to what has been going on with me and it is getting more common the last few years but a lot here in the last 6 months. I would really like for someone to give me their opinion, some one who may know something about what I think may be going on. I have been having strange things happen to me at night or in the middle of sleep. I would wake startled or at least I think I'm awake, sometimes I even sit up, of what I can remember I am scared and the only thing I can remember when trying to explain what's happening is my room changes, it also takes my hubby asking me what wrong several times before I can snap out of it. It's like I am half way in between being awake and being asleep. I know I am in my room, but it looks different and everything seems like it's moving around, I can't even make out exactly what the moving things are. That's why I thought for a while that it was some sort of person or spirit. I thought some how I was being haunted by something, or some one wanting me to see them, & I was very scared. Then I started to realize that after I snapped out of it, I would be laying their letting my heart rate go back to normal and trying to elaborate on what happened, I would have a feeling of vibrating. I have even thought that I was feeling an earth quake. I woke dh up the last this happened thinking, we're having an earth quake. When i woke him & asked if he felt the earth quake, he said he felt nothing. I could still feel the vibrations after he went back to sleep. It bothered me that in the morning he was telling me that I scared him, waking up startled and practically jumping on top of him in my sleep because I am being woke up by something. I started thinking about it, and I realized I have been having unexplained things happen to me for as long as I can remember. I also found this site and was reading about peoples experiences with A P and the vibrations that people explain and the jolting back awake, sounded so much like what was going on. So, I have been going to bed and trying to concentrate to see what happens, I start to feel the vibrations almost immediately. So, if any one can give me any insight, i know I just wrote a very long post but I am kinda lost at the moment. Please tell me what you think.

That's sleep paralysis (a common, non-paranormal sleep disorder), but this thread isn't the place to ask that. Start a new thread.

Edited by Moonie2012

Sorry, double post - the time limit on the editing sucks! Screws me up every time.

Edited by Moonie2012

Still no testimonials - waiting to hear a good one.

Hi Moonie,

I have gotten a very helpful and accurate reading here from Puridalan. See, I kept hearing a distance voice, but I couldn't make it out. It was driving me mad. I posted my experiance here, even though I wasn't sure if it was the right forum. Puridalan knew my daughters name and knew it was her grandmother trying to get a message to me. My daughter was being abused by her boyfriend.

There is so much more to the story, but now that my daughter and grand daughter have moved in with me free time is a luxury. Nevertheless, I thank my lucky stars every day that Purildan could hear the voice that I couldn't and that she could see the things I needed to see. I firmly believe she saved my daughters life with her gift.

I hope this helps!

(Thanks again Puridalan!! Alex is doing pretty good, she still has to deal with her ex because of their daughter but he is never alone with them!)

-Silent Searcher

From my personal conversation with Puridalan:

"If you get tired of this just let me know, but as far as I'm concerned, let me know whatever pops up whenever. I'm especially concerned about my husband. He was in a very bad car accident about 13 years ago (before I knew him), broke his neck, had to have surgery...A week ago he leans his head back and yawns and ever since he can barely get around and cannot work. He had a CT Scan and it shows a bulging disc. We've had quite a runaround with the insurance trying to get approval to see the neurologist to hopefully be told he doesn't have to have surgery (we are avoiding that at all costs) and get the poor dear some pain relief with a nerve block injection. Hopefully on Monday we will finally get to see the dr. Another big concern for both of us is our finances or lack thereof. Any insight on healing of his neck and/or if he will get to move up in his current job at a new store location would be so very welcome. Of course, any information is much appreciated. Thank you for sharing your gift. Love and Light."

She responded:

"Yes, I certianly saw that it seems to be the C verterbra possibly C2 or C3-4...ya I see it very specifically the buldging part is a light electric blue and it seems to be more slipped out on the right hand side...O yes I can see if Ican do any work on his neck, but something you didn't mention that I got for some odd reaosn was metal in the back of his neck"

I did not know the location of the metal plate or the size and she responded:

"And yes I will try to send energy and hope that it heals better though I'm just going to lessen the pain. Also, ya I certainly picked up on the metal plate, one of the first things after the bulgde to pop into mind, but the plate was very precise. I want to say that the metal plate is about 3 inches by four sort of square."

We saw the neurologist and I saw the x-ray of my husband's neck for the first time. I replied to her:

"From our discussion about my husband's neck pain, you asked why I didn't mention the metal plate...I thought it was in his head (bad head wound) but he said I told you it's in my neck. I forgot I guess, but I knew he had one somewhere.

He started to feel better the next day. When we FINALLY got to see the neurologist I saw an x-ray of his neck for the first time...It was exactly where you said it would be and exactly the same size! I just had to let you know...Thanks for everything, my friend."

That is my personal experience. I didn't know about this thread until Puridalan let me know or I would have responded sooner. She told me things she had no way of knowing, I gave away none of this information. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for sharing.

Do we have any stories from anyone else, preferably not about Puridalan? I'm not saying she's not for real or anything, but it would be nice to hear some that are unsolicited and spontaneous. No offense, but one reader purposely directing people to this thread to give testimonials about them doesn't really instill an unbiased feeling on the whole concept - I'd like more of a cross-section.

Edited by Moonie2012

I have never had a non-vague reading. The closest I've ever come was having someone tell me that I had made a life-changing decision in the past year. :lol:

Yes, Moonie I can certainly understand where you are coming from I also would like to see other responses not just from my readings (and I admit I am not hundred percent correct). I am just trying to prove a fraction of a point, and I hope that many others will respond on here because I have seen other readers giving advice and telling things to others.

As angelpookie stated 'she would have replied sooner' if she knew the thread existed, so unfortuantly as one can see the dilemma is actually people being able to know this thread is here

I've talked to, helped a number of people over the years here. However it's entirely up to them if they wish to post about it in this thread. I don't particularly wish to place myself or any correspondences I've had with people under the spot light and I'm certainly not going to go about contacting them to do so. For a start a good portion of them probably don't even come here anymore.

Moonie, have you considered that people may value their privacy and do not wish to be used to prove a point for whatever purpose this thread is for? it might be why others are reluctant to respond, but not a sign in itself that there's nothing to this. I know that there are others around.

Edited by SupeRgirl

Moonie, have you considered that people may value their privacy and do not wish to be used to prove a point for whatever purpose this thread is for? it might be why others are reluctant to respond, but not a sign in itself that there's nothing to this. I know that there are others around.

If details are too private, they can say so. I just want some testimonials on whether it works or not, let's not make excuses for people not responding when we have no idea if that's the case. I'm not making excuses and saying people aren't responding because it simply doesn't work.

For the sheer amount of readings asked for here, surely a few people will have no problem stepping up and saying if they actually got some specific info about themselves. This thread will take some time.

Edited by Moonie2012

Thanks, we have one now. Anybody else?

I have gotten very accurate readings from Puridalan and Jessem. Trust me I'm not the least bit gullible or naive and I really didn't think it was possible either but both of them told me things they had no way of knowing :tu:

I have gotten very accurate readings from Puridalan and Jessem. Trust me I'm not the least bit gullible or naive and I really didn't think it was possible either but both of them told me things they had no way of knowing :tu:

Can you elaborate, or post a link to a thread that documents it (if a thread exists)? How did they help you?

On an unrelated side note, I should invite people to try and read me. Give it a shot and tell me what you see.

Edited by Moonie2012

ya I can see you guys have helped people out and have poeple say that you have, but what about all the times you were wrong? anyone whos ever given me a reading has failed miserably except the one that was from my birth number. why are they always so vague? its cuz they have to be. no one has ever helped me out on this forum via reading simply cuz its just luck. if anyone can name my dog on their first try then i'll have been proven wrong. Lol good luck to anyone that bothers :P

ya I can see you guys have helped people out and have poeple say that you have, but what about all the times you were wrong? anyone whos ever given me a reading has failed miserably except the one that was from my birth number. why are they always so vague? its cuz they have to be. no one has ever helped me out on this forum via reading simply cuz its just luck. if anyone can name my dog on their first try then i'll have been proven wrong. Lol good luck to anyone that bothers :P

That is one way to look at it; if someone gives 100 readings and 10 of them have pertinent information that could well be considered simple luck.

I also put my own challenge out. For all the accuracy I'm hearing about from certain people, I'm confused why they don't give it a shot. I would be 100% honest if they are correct or not with their answers - although that's not really the point of this thread.

I want to hear more testimonials from others.

Edited by Moonie2012

Moonie,

Ive read some treads of Puridalins and she has offered much help and had spot on insight for many... She has shared and helped many...and that is exactly what its purpose is for... To help and to share the gift!! Blessings Puri... Big hugs XXOO

Are you still a doubter???

Can you elaborate, or post a link to a thread that documents it (if a thread exists)? How did they help you?

On an unrelated side note, I should invite people to try and read me. Give it a shot and tell me what you see.

Well they were done thru IM so I don't have a thread to link to it. I'm not out to convince anyone because if it hadn't happened to me I would also be skeptical ;) . All I can say for certain is that both of them told me very accurate things they had no way of knowing, and there is no logical way to explain that.