Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was the moon landing faked?

southampton enigma

Hi all this is my first topic, so go easy on me please lol, As you have seen over the past few years or so people have started to question whether or not that the americans landing on the moon was faked. 1. Due to no gravity which means no wind why was the flag blowing about? 2. With the astronauts wearing those bulky spacesuits how did they handle a camera and take such clear and precise photos? and 3. The light around them was casting shadows in the wrong places. I would be pleased for your input and comments about what you think really happened in 1969 were they on the moon or on a set lets say at area 51?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• southampton enigma

• tkr9

• Chauncy

• Universal Absurdity

4) on the pictures there are little '+' marks which are on the camera itself. they should be above everything, because they are on the camera, so how is it that in close inspection one or two of them appear to be BEHIND objects? thats impossible unless the photos were tampered with.

5) all the pictures seem to be taken in exactly the same area of land, even though in some of them the moonlander is there and in some of them it is not. what did they do, pick the damn thing up and carry it around with them?

Of course they were touched up, but not because we didn't land on the moon;

a) NASA would only want to release photographs that showed them in the best light and would therefore adjust them to make sure the US mission looked good, which also explains why the photos were such good quality - the bad ones were chucked out as useless.

cool.gif if they were faked no amateur photographer with the skills of an undereducated ferrett would make such a dumb mistakes as to get the crosshairs wrong.

c)The Flag was not flapping, it was being waggled as they drove it into the ground.

d) You can see bits in shadow clearly because the moon's surface is one of the brightest objects in the sky other than the sun.

e)The 'United States' on the lander has been touched up to show off to the world it was then. Kind of like airbrushing spots of model's faces.

f) The images were so good because the astranauts were trained for months to use them and wottis more photography aint exactly rocket science, which these guys could do!

g) The lunar surface always looks the same because the astranauts were not exactly in a position to go gallivanting about the lunar surface on a whim.

h) The Russians nearly got there, the Chinese are on their way and the US landed again and again. If they faked it before they ain't faking it now.

Edited by tkr9

It's amazing how simple it is to make something appear bigger than it actually is, i think that this so called

moonlanding was a way for the americans to get one over on the russians
and i think that back in '69 the people all fell for it, It goes to show how gullible us humans actually are.

Very weird tkr9 lol

It's amazing how simple it is to make something appear bigger than it actually is, i think that this so called
moonlanding was a way for the americans to get one over on the russians
and i think that back in '69 the people all fell for it, It goes to show how gullible us humans actually are.

It can also show how gullible you are to believe that its faked.

The thing about the crosshairs is untrue, I checked other versions of the same picture and they showed the crosshairs on the foreground.

Edited by Stellar

damn. you blew that one away tk. tongue.gif

But Stellar does anyone know exactly how many photo's were taken in the same place? maybe they gave the crappy ones to the press?

Why would they give crappy ones to the press if the whole point of the moon landings, real or faked, was to show off American power to the world. You'd want the good ones surely?

I don't believe it was faked what so ever, and if there was any manipulation it was done to cover-up what they found there!

Here's a link that totally debunks any idea that there was not a landing.

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

user posted image

my argument for the landing as a hoax is simple

The film in the cameras.

the film would first have been exposed to radiation from the van allen belt, then taken off the lander into the very cold emptyness of the moon. who knows if the film side of the camera got some sun on it, the temperature of objects exposed on the moon can get very hot when exposed to the sun. then the film was out through the same treatment in reverse for the trip back.

so; take some film, expose it to radiation, freeze it, heat it up, freeze it again, then more radiation,(not to mention the increased temp on the return trip through the atmosphere, or the increased amounts of x-rays in space) and you think the film will develop? let alone have the quality of the pics that nasa put out. highly unlikely

Chauncy,

the site you posted does not go into detail about the 'backdrops' other than to say that mountains are bigger on the moon and there is an illusion of their distance. not once do they mention that the same mountains can be seen in different pics of different locations. i wonder why that is?

What about the 800 pounds of moon rock that was brought back to Earth, geologists worldwide have been examining these samples for 30 years, and the conclusion is inescapable. The rocks could not have been collected or manufactured on Earth.

I require pictures of the common backdrops to know what your speaking, if it is what I think it is NASA readily admits clerical mis-titling of two frmes taken 3 minutes apart if this is what you are referring to.

user posted image

I require pictures of the common backdrops to know what your speaking, if it is what I think it is NASA readily admits clerical mis-titling of two frmes taken 3 minutes apart if this is what you are referring to.

that is possible, i havent heard that excuse yet.

i see you have no argument to my main point about the film.

true they have some moon rocks, and hey, they may have even went to the moon

but those pics are complete bs. no film could take that

Well when it comes to the greatest scientific minds and you saying "no film could take those pics" I'll go with the scientific minds!

What about your evidence..... its complete and utter nonsense. The van Allen belts are regions above the Earth's surface where the Earth's magnetic field has trapped particles of the solar wind. An unprotected man would indeed get a lethal dose of radiation, if he stayed there long enough. Actually, the spaceship traveled through the belts pretty quickly, getting past them in an hour or so. There simply wasn't enough time to get a lethal dose, and, as a matter of fact, the metal hull of the spaceship did indeed block most of the radiation.

Try cameras designed to operate in outer space. Y'know, a bit tougher than yer run of the mill kodak disposable. Hubble's never had any trouble either.

Van Allen aside I can see no reasonable argument once you've been through my list that 'we' or rather you, or any Americans here, never landed on the moon. The Chinese are going soon, and are not faking it. Eventually we will all go there again, perhaps even for our hols. original.gif Then we can toddle along to the landing sites and find out for ourselves.

Heat up any film to the extremes yes you will damage it, but then you'd damage the astranauts too. They were safe in a pod, with the film, not skimming along the atmosphere on a tea tray.

Dear God I am getting flippant. w00t.gif Two in the morning and I have a job interview at eleven. Must dash.

As for the lunar landing sights, because of the vast distance to the peaks in question, one could circumnavigate the lander, take the same image and the lander, behind you, would not be in shot.

Any more questions before I go to beddybyes?

Edited by tkr9

but those pics are complete bs. no film could take that

Sorry to bust anyone's bubble but most film will operate at minus 0 temps, secondly the NASA cameras were sealed in an insulated casing (bulky) and were in the heated lunar module moments before, then taken back in. Keep in mind they were'nt outside that long on the first missions.

Also some of the photos were captured by Houston after being relayed via radio.

As for faking it. there were too many eyes on this to try a stunt like that. Ham operators around the world picked up the brodcast beamed back and it wasn't moonbounce!

See! No run of the mill Kodak!

Besides which we went back there squillions of times and faking it again and again and again would just be tiresome.

ok, that was my only argument

film was in a casing that protected it, it operates at low temps, and some of the pics were beamed back by radio. no moonbounce.

see, these are little tidbits i had'nt known. thank you for bringing them into light.

i'll consider that it did happen now.

tkr9, i was referring to the van allen belt's affect on film, not people

Gryphon was kind enough to describe the bulky protective casing for the film. it must have been good enough.

Hi Gryphon with a government like the U.S.A has got i would not be surprised if everyone in houston was in on this hoax, they kept area 51 at groom lake a secret for years, so why not the moon landing, after reading and researching i have come to notice that the americans have to be the first or best at anything, and just to get one over on everyone they faked the moon landing to gain world recognition as the first country to put man on the moon.

Every country wants to be the best. It doesnt make them inharently evil.

I am not saying that the U.S is evil at all because they are not, but the reading i have done has told me that america has got to be first in everything, it does not mean that they are evil

Not again

Quickly this time - the moon land was categorically not a hoax. There have been many similar threads in this forum dealling with this topic - all the 'pro-hoaxers' questions are answered in them. use this forum's search function and you'll find the threads and associated links there which explain it all.