Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Horrific' horse cruelty at farm

Still Waters

A stud farm owner has been given a three-month suspended jail sentence after admitting one of the worst cases of neglect an RSPCA inspector had seen.

Dawn Elizabeth Rose, 49, who had admitted six cruelty charges, was also banned from keeping horses for 10 years, by a judge sitting at Mold.

RSPCA officials brought charges after finding 69 horses starving or in a poor condition near Chirk, Flintshire.

Three of the horses later died. Others were "horrifically thin".

arrow3.gifRead more...

*WARNING* You may find parts of the video distressing.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• Bill Hill

• Ufo Believer

• Starxle

I'm not watching the video, I know what it'll do to me emotionally. 3 months? If I ever met that person, I'd beat them. Actually, I'd probably be getting a lot longer sentance for murder. People like this do not deserve to continue to exist. At all.

What is wrong with people.

• 2 weeks later...

I think her sentence was rather light for what she had done to those horses. If she couldn't take care of them she should have contacted authorities for help before things got so bad. I am sure they would have helped her find homes for them.

I'm not watching the video, I know what it'll do to me emotionally. 3 months? If I ever met that person, I'd beat them. Actually, I'd probably be getting a lot longer sentance for murder. People like this do not deserve to continue to exist. At all.

I agreee all exept teh sentence part... torture is worse than death, and besides, another dead human, so what? There are already too many people. Also keeps his demented genes from flowing.

I can't watch it,

I've been avoiding this story.

If there's one thing that really gets to me, it's animal cruelty.

The sentences are far too light. :hmm:

What was her explanation for treating her horses so badly? She should have been banned from keeping horses for life. How could she not see that they were too thin and why did she do nothing about it?

this here is the reason why i really dislike ppl.. there are so many idiots swimming the the shallow end of the gene pool that should not ever allowed to have the honour of owning a pet, let alone a child.. it is entirely disgusting and disgraceful the fine she copped, and i sincerely hope she is appauled at herself

Those horses didn't deserved that..... poor animals. :(

She should be banned definitely from keeping animals, and not just horses... :no:

You took the words right from my mouth.

post-58664-125337830112_thumb.gif

Edited by Mistydawn