Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google's little suprise

Reptilian

Don't know if this is the same elsewhere but when we go to Google from Australia we see

go_gle.gif

And when you click it it types in Un-Explained Phenomenon, returning this site as the first result.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reptilian

• mcrom901

• Space Commander Travis

• magickaldan

Don't know if this is the same elsewhere but when we go to Google from Australia we see

go_gle.gif

And when you click it it types in Un-Explained Phenomenon, returning this site as the first result.

That is so cool, we might get a bunch more members :D

It's not showing up here in the USA like that on Google, but then again I think Australia is like 12 hours ahead, so on the Sept. 5th it may show up like that in the USA.

When they do that it usually ties into an event from that day. Any famous UFO events from Australia that happened on September 5th?

(In the U.S. we're actually more likely to get some Google art representing Labor Day soon)

That's what brought me here.

Australia has always been a hotspot for UFOs.

The Northern Territory has a new tourism campaign(in the last week) which is "We guarantee you'll see a UFO" or something. They have UFO tours out there as well.

That's what brought me here.

Australia has always been a hotspot for UFOs.

The Northern Territory has a new tourism campaign(in the last week) which is "We guarantee you'll see a UFO" or something. They have UFO tours out there as well.

But it's so ****ing boring in the Northern Territory the only way to survive is to drink and smoke till you're out of your bloody skull, and by then you're definitely guaranteed to see UFOs!

But it's so ****ing boring in the Northern Territory the only way to survive is to drink and smoke till you're out of your bloody skull, and by then you're definitely guaranteed to see UFOs!

Or become one of the locals and sniff petrol.

East coast USA google shows the fl;ying saucer on it here, But if I click anything on it it dont do anything,

Hmmmmm,, Wonder whats up with dat?

Well, I am in Canada and it does show up (Saturday 2am). In fact, I came back here to check if anybody else had seen it...

If if it's up all of Saturday, we may indeed get a lot of traffic over the weekend !

Well, I am in Canada and it does show up (Saturday 2am). In fact, I came back here to check if anybody else had seen it...

If if it's up all of Saturday, we may indeed get a lot of traffic over the weekend !

I wonder if this is whats causing the DoS server issue that Saru is talking about.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=163293

Yup, the logo is up here in the US now. I wonder what made them use a UFO image today. They usually use something related to an event or holiday that occurred on the day. :mellow:

Edited by Broken Arrow

Yup, the logo is up here in the US now. I wonder what made them use a UFO image today. They usually use something related to an event or holiday that occurred on the day. :mellow:

A search on 5th of September doesn't return anything significant. Seems to be a nice random from Google, which is all the more interesting.

Maybe their Satellites saw something on this day last year and this is their little secret insider fun.

Edited by Reptilian

The article speculates that it could be attempts to drive up searches for 'unexplained phenomena' or as some sort of a viral campaign for the District 9 movie release.

Both don't make much sense to me :mellow:

"I.O.U. a U.F.O. ( 9/5/96 )

Dewey estatically hopes for an alien encounter at a place where U.F.O.'s reputedly appear, but becomes doubtful when the encounter actually happens.

Shorty Hollow Michael Bell" (http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/a/lara6281/QPGuide.html)

This is the only thing I could find.

We're taking quite a hammering from this, our servers are swamped with traffic from Google.

Going to be some slow loading times here for a bit.

This is sort of unrelated, but a couple of weeks ago I accidentally put "oogle" instead of "google" in the URL and it takes you to this lol:

logo2.png

this stuff is gettin bigger n weirder..... ^_^

http://www.examiner.com/x-22639-Google-Trends-Examiner~y2009m9d5-Google-UFO-logo-leads-to-unexplained-phenomenon-searches

A Google logo featuring a saucer-shaped spacecraft shining a light on the second "o" has the Web atwitter with searches for unexplained phenomenon, the Taos hum and more evidence of the paranormal.

All of those searches are among the most common this morning, according to Google Trends. Google regularly changes its logo, but this one appears to be attracting more attention than usual. Some have suggested Google is trying to tell us something about aliens arriving soon on Earth.

For those of you who have never heard of the Taos hum conspiracy, here is YouTube video that gives a primer. Listen closely!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/6142650/Twitter-and-Facebook-flooded-with-alien-theories-about-Google-UFO-logo.html

The logo, showing a classic saucer-shaped spacecraft shining a light down on the search-engine's regular logo, has been the subject of much speculation.

The world's internet voices want to now whether the all-powerful web giant is trying to tell us something.

But nobody can work out why Google has chosen this date to put a UFO logo on the world's most visited web page.

"Does anybody know what's going on?" asks one.

"Aliens landed on Earth this day last year," offers another blogger by way of explanation.

Some think Google's global dominance may extend beyond this planet.

"If Google says the aliens are coming, I'm getting out of here," says one US blogger.

One of the things bothering the online community is that early on Saturday morning the new logo could be seen in some places, but not others.

"Am I the one that is going crazy?" asks a blogger in Arizona who can't see the logo.

If you click on the alien logo you are given the results for "unexplained phenomena".

In Google's top tend most searched terms "unexplained phenomena" merits two entries.

It is unclear whether Google is responding to popular demand or dictating what the public should be interested in.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/05/unexplained-phenomenon-ufo-google

The fact the Guardian's Bad Science column has now surpassed 300 articles may indicate that the public's interest in debunking myths is nearly as voracious as the appetite for the paranormal and unexplained – the subject of a special edition Google logo today.

The image used is of an ascending UFO – familiar to many from The X-files and Doctor Who, and soon to be widely recognised as the subject of the new film District 9, a science fiction thriller in which ugly aliens invade South Africa and are herded into a slum.

But statistics released by the National Archives this August would suggest the silver screen is not the only place we are seeing UFOs. Sightings are not as rare as you might expect, with more than 800 reports being detailed between 1993 and 1996.

This August's publication is the fourth batch of data released by the National Archives on this topic. It also details crop circles and shows reports relating to different areas of Britain – with explanations of what may have caused lights. Simon Rogers helpfully extracted 50 of the most interesting ones to look at in his datablog.

The explanations given for each incident indicate that the MoD does not spend a great deal entertaining the thought of extraterrestrial life. But Alok Jha met the astrobiologist Dr Lewis Dartnell from University College London to speculate about what form life might take elsewhere in the solar system and beyond.

In the Guardian's science weekly podcast, Dr Dartnell says: "Astrobiology is going out there and being proactive, and searching and exploring the solar system – building probes to go to Mars for example to test the sands that we scoop up. One of the first things we need to think about is what is life in the first place. We're looking for molecules like DNA and proteins."

Meanwhile Nasa this week has released new images of the surface of Mars taken from its reconnaissance orbiter – one step closer, perhaps, to finding out if life on other planets is really fact or just science fiction.

and...

http://www.newsnidea.com/12283/google-ufo-logo-top-10-unexplained-phenomena-photos-list/

then there is this thread at ats...... http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread498504/pg1

crazy web :lol:

I've been looking for a solution. Can see this site is getting hit hard! I found nothing, but did find their Twitter page updated with an easy cryptic that said "All your O belong to us" which could easily mean it's just a joke. Nothing else corresponds to the date of 09/05/2009 in the same simple cryptic- and it doesn't work with 05/09/2009 either.

Funny thing though- Google became a privately held company on Sept. 4, 1998. They were given a patent on Sept. 4, 2001 for their PageRank system. They launched a satellite for Google Earth on Sept. 6, 2008. Chrome was released on Sept 2, 2008. But nothing for Sept. 5.

Another idea: OO (the 2 'o's in Google) is known to stand for Object-oriented programming. Could be a sense that they're going to revolutionize something soon with OO programming. It shows up when you google 'oo' as well.

But the best idea is that people are suggesting this site made a deal with Google. I know the servers on here couldn't hold that much traffic at one time. Hopefully they'll come out by today's end with what it means...but if a UFO lands on the White House front lawn (or anywhere)- well, I guess Google must've helped find aliens and they can only pronounce our letter O.

The truth:

After doing some further research, I’ve figured out that Google is doing this because today is the Exeter UFO Festival in New Hampshire. There is no need to create any silly stories or jump to any conclusions. Google loves to celebrate special days by creating custom logos, called Google Doodle logos.

I'm sad to see this is all it was.

Well, Go ogle just comes up with the standard one for me, but this makes sense.

Maybe their Satellites saw something on this day last year and this is their little secret insider fun.

We know that Google know the truth about UFOs, they've caught enough of them on Google earth after all, and we know that they don't reveal all that they know, so maybe this is the start of a policy of gradual disclosure.

Well, perhaps, anyway.

wonder if saru is behind this:devil: he's an evil genius. oh crap i'm a$$ licking again:lol: hope it goes away soon i am so impatient.:cry:

Intrigues me...I wish it was something significant. (Sigh.) Always a UFO, never an alien.

:(:alien:

I like this quote someone posted on telegraph:

"All your OS are belong to us

All of your operating systems are belong to us

Google new OS"

I mean even the ufo is chrome colored =)..

I like it. Wish it had a purpose though. :hmm:

Last I checked, there are like 1500 guests! :lol: Isn't the average like 800 or something?

Edited by Fell