Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Gargoyles Real?

MoonlightMadness

This pastor guy is starting to annoy me. He's on here with all sorts of names,claiming everything we discuss is demonic.

No,It's not.

Gargoyles are the coolest things going.

I think most things claimed to be mythic,have a basis in fact .

Dragons gargoyle sea monsters .

Someone saw sssoommmeeething ,and drew a picture,carved a statue.

I have never seen anything like that .Cryptid or mythic beast .

(I have seen ufos a few times though.)

I would never say these creatures do not exist . I've read articles a few times,claimed there are dinosaurs still alive ,but they are so hidden ,modern man never sees them .

Very cool story . You should watch that old movie from the 70s I think .It's just called ,Gargoyles .

Well I was high once and thought I saw some gargoyles on a roof of somebodies house but I think it was just a bunch of drunk guys. But I did (while cutting snowflakes out this last winter) fold a piece of paper and cut it around the corners and then unfold it - and it was a gargoyle, very cute too. It had eyes, horns, little squatty legs and even arms with fingers. I still have it. It was taped to the wall for a while but I took it down because I thought it might have demonic influence... smh... I know right... but I did take it down, now its in the closet. If I get a camera that works I can post a picture of it. It really does look just like a gargoyle. Pretty cool right? :D

and I like dragons too - they are even HOTTER than gargoyles lol. JK but yeah I think dragons are cool too. They are like overly developed, pimped out serpents, massively mutated fish birds that breath fire...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

I have no doubt that in a hundred years or so from now, people will be posting in this type of forum stating that when they were younger they saw a real living transformer. :)

In a hundred years time there will BE, real living transformers. :yes:
  • Like 1

In a hundred years time there will BE, real living transformers. :yes:

Great...more traffic problems.. no women men drivers needed lol

i thought i saw a bulldozer on the highway once with no driver

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

As for what you saw, I have no clue. And guys--he was 15 at the time. Not really a "kid."

I think 15 year olds see a lot of things this was the age I saw many things...

• Like 1

UM has a chatroom...... and this isn't it lol..

I went into the chatroom on three occasions and there was no one there, this seems to be the only chat... except for PM I presume...

• Like 1

guys they were 15 im sure she would of been close to her max height at tht age and could tell the difference from a bat and a giant beast. now idk what you saw sounds interesting could it of been a aligator that someone let loose? im sue if it was rotten it could of looked like a monster or something (just some ideas)

They do have some strange looking creatures out here in the world. Once I saw an ant eater looking thing, pink and naked like a pig with a butthole and no tail. Craziest thing ever and not too cute. A gargoyle would be more interesting.

• Like 1

Up until a week ago I would have said "ridiculousm " but I'm rethinking my position. I've seen ghosts, a disembodied hand of light floating in the air, orbs, flying lights, and a number of other things, all in the company of at least one other person who saw the same thing.. My son says he saw a giant that scared the tweet out of him. I could go on, but I'll stop here.

While I have no doubt of the authenticity of what I've experienced, I've fallen into the trap of believing that if I haven't personally experienced/witnessed it, it must be an illusion or a case of mistaken identity. I suspect there's a lot more out there that most people never see or hear, but it's been my experience that the world is a multi-layered place, in the same way physicists talk about a multi-verse, or multiple dimensions. Maybe there's travelers that can move back & forth at will between dimensions, maybe there are portals, maybe these things live here in this dimension but they're so rare that few people see them. This is all speculation, but I've gotten to that place where I'm thinking if I've seen all this strange stuff, there's no reason to think it's limited to just what I've seen.

I'm glad the story was posted. It was interesting, and makes me wonder just what else is out there. I wonder why some people have these experiences & others don't. I'm not sure belief is a factor, because I didn't believe in anything "paranormal" until I started seeing it. (amen to that!)

a giant! whoa.... once I saw a giant dog.... "shrugs" crazy. Thanks for sharing part of your story *tips hat*

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

I went into the chatroom on three occasions and there was no one there, this seems to be the only chat... except for PM I presume...

Have to empathise with this experience. It may be a world "real time differnce" but no one is ever home when i visit, either.

How can you prove they dont exist are you God? Didnt think so...

Gargoyals ARE REAL! This site should only be for people that believe or know what they saw.

Gargoyals are really real! They usually hang around Disney or Pixar studios and they sing. A lot. :whistle:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

TY to those with the positive support on this subject. Your positive and intelligent insight helped me to learn more about my TRUTH and EXPERIENCE. I have been watching your responses, but have chosen not to interact because of the ones that had uncalled for negative and demeaning responses. I'm 64 years old and if I thought for one second that my experience at 15 may have been questionable, I would have never asked if anyone else had the same experience. In my youth I lived in Colma, CA, known as the cemetary capital of the world. My feeling as an adult and knowing what I saw, is that we had entered another zone. This is MY TRUTH, and you can chose whether you want to believe it or not, but I refuse to argue or debate over this.

• Like 1

Well I was high once and thought I saw some gargoyles on a roof of somebodies house but I think it was just a bunch of drunk guys. But I did (while cutting snowflakes out this last winter) fold a piece of paper and cut it around the corners and then unfold it - and it was a gargoyle, very cute too. It had eyes, horns, little squatty legs and even arms with fingers. I still have it. It was taped to the wall for a while but I took it down because I thought it might have demonic influence... smh... I know right... but I did take it down, now its in the closet. If I get a camera that works I can post a picture of it. It really does look just like a gargoyle. Pretty cool right? :D

I scanned the gargoyle cut out... (I guess I lied about the arms with fingers part, I wasn't looking at it at the time I first posted this. Probably got it confused with the wings that kind of look like fingers, even though there are six partitions...)

gargoyleCutout.jpg

Weird right? I just folded a paper and cut it any which way (while cutting out snowflakes), didn't have a form or direction or anything like that. Look it has the face, the wings, the arms, squatty legs, even a heart for the chest. I was shocked when I unfolded it. That's why kept it around way after the holidays.. rather odd I think...

Edited by SpiritWriter

• 2 weeks later...

Moonlight......I Believe Toi.100%&1982....Back in 2007 ....As A Family ....Wé went through so many experiences.Iam just à Single Mother just trying to. pay the rent .....I dont think or look @ any of ...What weve been through as cool .....I had an lg cell phone ....that had a pic of a gargoyle & à human girl ghost sitting on my couch ....We did not take that pic ....It freaked me out so much ...when my daughter brought this pic to me ...She said look mom ....I thought it was the devil ....or à demon ..but the more I think about it ....No doubt. Gargoyle ...@ the moment ...I erased the pic ....but then later thought maybe the world ..should see it ...so I kept the phone until Aug..of 2009...maybe technology could bring the pic back...So my phone had been turned off for a yr ...and showed up in a pic that was taken @ a concert in aug 2009 sitting on my heart so whenI noticed that ....I threw it away but still have the pic of my lg phone in it .....Our soul looks like looking @ your reflection in water .....I'm not sure. Why?Anything. All I can say is ...Many things are Real....My phone made it to the Spiritual Realm....I believe the Gargoyle died through Prayer ...I seen it in the clouds like I was looking @ a funeral ....I would love to tell the World our stories but do not want to b looked @ as a freak...Everything we have been through I see we are not alone ..Anyway ....Nice to meet everyone ...Thanks 4 putting your experience out there this is our problem as a world ....we think everybody's crazy ....when we should b talking about the problem & solutions ....nobody should go through hell on earth ...and have no one who relates .....

Personally, I've never seen the animal you describe. However, I can't prove they don't exist. I think the most important thing a person can possess is an open mind. If reality as we know it is based on belief, and you believe that you saw this animal, then you saw it. The flip side of that coin is that people that do not believe in such things can't see them and never will until their beliefs change.

I disagree with you.

4 The Record ....My Experience is not based on Belief .....Its all been brought to Reality ....4 me and the kids....Even some of my friends witnessed some things when they came to visit .....In Feb of 2007 I went to Elvis house ....came back hell broke loose in. my own life ....4 about 2 solid months ....It seemed like we were living out the bible ....4 some reason I have been able to take pics in the spiritual realm...The Spiritual Realm is ....Right here with us ....We are in the Present .....the clouds have spiritual beings behind them ....the Warrrr between Good & Evil...is very Real!I seen a pilar of smoke prancing through my old townhouse ...My daughter witnessed it with me ....Water type substance went. through ceiling ....I have smelt sulfer ....I seen a black dog. with sunglasses watching me from a window ....all this stuff mostly day light ....now that was intimidating .....and freaky ....same thing documented ....from Ancient Times .....I'm expecting ....these beings to say lets have coffee ....the last message was drawn out on my bathroom. door heart with thorns ,spirit image and some type of bird thinking Eagle ....I will b asleep ...I get touched by this energy ....like when your foot. goes numb tingling ...but through my whole body ....I will tell it ....out of the whole world you mess with me.I have been sleeping with the bathroom light on since 2007 ....I have to see whats going on around me ....Still trying to find my purpose ....in all this ....I feel like God is dealing with. some of us individualy . I changed in some ways ....I have always been a Christian ....giving my last to everybody .....but had sex out of wed lock ....so now no sex for 3 yrs ....I still curse hear and there but mostly tried to live a holy life ....I broke off soul ties .....Believe it or not everything ....we do is watched by some kind of being .....its just a matter of time until we are judged by a higher power .....I don't want (anybody) to feel any hurt for. anything just (Prayyyy) about everything ....Believe in the After Life and know You have a Soul. in your Body and after this ....We go on to our next level .....How I choose to live maybe b different than u .....but tryin to b righteous in a world that is corrupt is hard ...we got the power through Christ ....in everything!!!!!!!Prayer is the only thing that has got me through .....watch your words very powerful ....talk about it bring it to life .....God knows our needs and struggle is for learning ....If its meant to b it will happen if its not it won't .....God has giving me everything I have ever wanted .....and I'm so stubborn he pro had no choice but to show me I'm here .....God has wrath and is jealous ....just know u all got someone here in 2012 .....We are not in a Movie .....this is Real Life ....I hate scary movies with a passion ....I don't want to take my mind there ....My Lifes been everything .....& I'm not scared anymore .....I just don't want to experience anything in the dark.Anyway ....Take Care!:)

4 The Record ....My Experience is not based on Belief .....Its all been brought to Reality ....4 me and the kids....Even some of my friends witnessed some things when they came to visit .....In Feb of 2007 I went to Elvis house ....came back hell broke loose in. my own life ....4 about 2 solid months ....It seemed like we were living out the bible ....4 some reason I have been able to take pics in the spiritual realm...The Spiritual Realm is ....Right here with us ....We are in the Present .....the clouds have spiritual beings behind them ....the Warrrr between Good & Evil...is very Real!I seen a pilar of smoke prancing through my old townhouse ...My daughter witnessed it with me ....Water type substance went. through ceiling ....I have smelt sulfer ....I seen a black dog. with sunglasses watching me from a window ....all this stuff mostly day light ....now that was intimidating .....and freaky ....same thing documented ....from Ancient Times .....I'm expecting ....these beings to say lets have coffee ....the last message was drawn out on my bathroom. door heart with thorns ,spirit image and some type of bird thinking Eagle ....I will b asleep ...I get touched by this energy ....like when your foot. goes numb tingling ...but through my whole body ....I will tell it ....out of the whole world you mess with me.I have been sleeping with the bathroom light on since 2007 ....I have to see whats going on around me ....Still trying to find my purpose ....in all this ....I feel like God is dealing with. some of us individualy . I changed in some ways ....I have always been a Christian ....giving my last to everybody .....but had sex out of wed lock ....so now no sex for 3 yrs ....I still curse hear and there but mostly tried to live a holy life ....I broke off soul ties .....Believe it or not everything ....we do is watched by some kind of being .....its just a matter of time until we are judged by a higher power .....I don't want (anybody) to feel any hurt for. anything just (Prayyyy) about everything ....Believe in the After Life and know You have a Soul. in your Body and after this ....We go on to our next level .....How I choose to live maybe b different than u .....but tryin to b righteous in a world that is corrupt is hard ...we got the power through Christ ....in everything!!!!!!!Prayer is the only thing that has got me through .....watch your words very powerful ....talk about it bring it to life .....God knows our needs and struggle is for learning ....If its meant to b it will happen if its not it won't .....God has giving me everything I have ever wanted .....and I'm so stubborn he pro had no choice but to show me I'm here .....God has wrath and is jealous ....just know u all got someone here in 2012 .....We are not in a Movie .....this is Real Life ....I hate scary movies with a passion ....I don't want to take my mind there ....My Lifes been everything .....& I'm not scared anymore .....I just don't want to experience anything in the dark.Anyway ....Take Care!:)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I scanned the gargoyle cut out... (I guess I lied about the arms with fingers part, I wasn't looking at it at the time I first posted this. Probably got it confused with the wings that kind of look like fingers, even though there are six partitions...)

gargoyleCutout.jpg

Weird right? I just folded a paper and cut it any which way (while cutting out snowflakes), didn't have a form or direction or anything like that. Look it has the face, the wings, the arms, squatty legs, even a heart for the chest. I was shocked when I unfolded it. That's why kept it around way after the holidays.. rather odd I think...

I just came across this in my cabinet again, im cleaning up/ rearranging/ spring cleaning... im still keeping it around and I still think its wierd....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm here now dear friend. I have searched and searched the entire internet to find someone who has seen a gargoyle in reality. The people around me believe in me, but I feel so lonely with mysticism I've seen. I would very much like to connect with you and your sister. I live in Denmark, and my friend who I live with was with me when I saw the monster. I saw it 5 years ago a deserted place called Egense, out in the open fields and there were a few trees. For about 14 days ago I responded to what I had seen and I laid and cried inside my bed. What I had seen was so scary. But I have been more clear about it after I had responded 5 years after. I had repressed it completely. I have used google translator to translate my Danish language, and hope it has done really. I speak English and understand English. I would very much like to contact you personally by mail, which I know i will give you my phone number. Write to me, I hope I can get in touch with you. I've never seen visions, or taken drugs. And I'm a normal, functioning human being. I am 43 years old and i saw this gargoyle for 5 years ago a bright summer evening (here in Denmark it is light all night in the middle of summer) I am married and well. But I know that I have seen this creature in reality. As very few people have seen. I believe you because I feel the same way. Can we get in touch do you think? I have an email address that you can write to if you like. I need to talk to someone about my experience, it bother me much at times. *snip*

I will not make fun of this here and it's seriously, I just do not know what to do with what I have seen.

Me and my friend was driving from something here in Denmark called Hals in the northern part of Denmark. We had just taken the ferry over to Egense it only takes 8 minutes. After driving about 1 km we stopped, we drove on our scooter and we stop to have a break. It was completely deserted and fields of grass. On the other side of the road stood bunches of trees. My friend rises on his scooter and slowly begins to drive when I suddenly saw a large creature that sits in one of the trees (I get goose bumps right now, it was an ugly experience) I see this thing first and then this strange animal ( Gargoyle ) spot me and turning the head and was looking straight in my eyes, I got close eye contact with it and I harden completely. I get quite cold and could not touch myself, my body was like ice. (It's hard for me to write about) I see clear today that it was twice as big as a grown man, it had arms with hands which had large claws and so it was quite gray and black. Its face looked like a bat but more pointed and great wings. It sat in the tree with bent knees and bent forward. While I was shock and must have been scared, it jumped into the other trees slowly and with wings half out, and it was obvious that it was much bigger than me. I think in a small jump, it jumped more than 10 meters above to the other trees. And since this creature landed in another tree, I could suddenly touch myself and I was very scared, it all took probably about 2 minutes (but is difficult to judge in such a strange scary situation) I scream my friend's name and I scream and scream. I could see he was waiting for me far down the road. I shouted that he should drive fast away, run run run I shouted at him and he was driving ahead of me. We was driving probably around 60 km / h both and suddenly there came a big black shadow above me, it goes very fast and I see this Gargoyle again comes right above me, I could feel the air pressure from it, I see it turns hes head at same time while it flies where it looks me straight in the eyes again and then disappear over the fields very fast, it flies in the direction east. I stopped my scooter and my friend who was driving in front of me came back to me. I yelled at him and he said that he glimpsed something that came flying, it was looking strange. He saw it fly away i know. I told him what had just happened and he was scared. He never really told me what he saw, but I know that he also saw it. He's scared I think. I know a psychologist private and talked to him about it, he's a good friend to me privately. And after what he has assessed I have not seen visions or had it bad just before I saw this creature. But he believes that they might exist in reality but they do not show themselfs to humans and maby they are just few in the world. By accident, the straying even so much that we get the opportunity to see it, but it is their bad luck. The odd thing about my experience is that I do not believe in their existence in reality, but I know and I am sure and without a doubt that I saw one in reality. I am going to process this experience five years after I saw it. Because I have repressed it. And such a reaction i have, it is not a visions I have seen. I wonder sometimes if it was a man-made creature I saw, which was perhaps escaped from a laboratory (perhaps a genetically engineered creature or a military experiment) I just know it was a gargoyle and I saw it entirely in reality .. .. I'm not comfortable with it but I have to learn to live with this terrifying experience.

Edited by libstaK
personal info

In 1963, I was about 15 years old and my sister was about 11 years old. We lived in Colma, California, known as the Cemetary capital of the world. My mother use to send us off to gather berries in an uncultivated area of the city that had a deep ravine.

This particular day she sent the both of us to gather the berries, my sister and I found some bushes impacted with berries so we started filling our baskets. I looked further down the ravine and saw a large object. Being curious and adventurous I climbed down the hill to it. To my horror I saw this huge, ugly dragon-like object that was stiff and probably dead. As I was screaming for my sister to come down, I looked it over mesmerized by how odd it looked. It was about 8 ft in length, bat-like wings outstretched about another 8 ft, huge claw-like feet, and a squarish long head with huge, sharp teeth. It looked dead, laying on it's back and it's claws were pointing stiffly upward. My sister finally arrived, but by that time I was ready to run for my life, calling out to her to run with me, she was standing there hypnotized by the sight of the grotesque looking beast. After screaming at her a number of times to follow me, she finally started screaming too and followed me running all the way home. Mom asked us what we were so upset about and we told her our story. She laughed at us but asked our brother to follow us back to our sighting because we both screamed out to her the same story. We arrived back at the scene with my brother, but the mysterious animal had disappeared. My brother laughed at us all the way home, but to this day my sister and I remember that day and the animal we saw in vivid detail.

After becoming adults we saw movies about gargoyles and realized that, that was the animal we saw when we were young. I've done some internet research, but have never found anyone who ever saw one. All the stories about these mysterious animals say that they are mythical, but I know and believe they are real.

I'm 61 years old, old enough to know better, and stick to my experience 100%. This was no childhood dream. My sister and I both remember that day.

The gargoyle I remember looks something like this drawing.post-93068-125238654321_thumb.jpg

I'm here now dear friend. I have searched and searched the entire internet to find someone who has seen a gargoyle in reality. The people around me believe in me, but I feel so lonely with mysticism I've seen. I would very much like to connect with you and your sister. I live in Denmark, and my friend who I live with was with me when I saw the monster. I saw it 5 years ago a deserted place called Egense, out in the open fields and there were a few trees. For about 14 days ago I responded to what I had seen and I laid and cried inside my bed. What I had seen was so scary. But I have been more clear about it after I had responded 5 years after. I had repressed it completely. I have used google translator to translate my Danish language, and hope it has done really. I speak English and understand English. I would very much like to contact you personally by mail, which I know i will give you my phone number. Write to me, I hope I can get in touch with you. I've never seen visions, or taken drugs. And I'm a normal, functioning human being. I am 43 years old and i saw this gargoyle for 5 years ago a bright summer evening (here in Denmark it is light all night in the middle of summer) I am married and well. But I know that I have seen this creature in reality. As very few people have seen. I believe you because I feel the same way. Can we get in touch do you think? I have an email address that you can write to if you like. I need to talk to someone about my experience, it bother me much at times. *snip*

I will not make fun of this here and it's seriously, I just do not know what to do with what I have seen.

Me and my friend was driving from something here in Denmark called Hals in the northern part of Denmark. We had just taken the ferry over to Egense it only takes 8 minutes. After driving about 1 km we stopped, we drove on our scooter and we stop to have a break. It was completely deserted and fields of grass. On the other side of the road stood bunches of trees. My friend rises on his scooter and slowly begins to drive when I suddenly saw a large creature that sits in one of the trees (I get goose bumps right now, it was an ugly experience) I see this thing first and then this strange animal ( Gargoyle ) spot me and turning the head and was looking straight in my eyes, I got close eye contact with it and I harden completely. I get quite cold and could not touch myself, my body was like ice. (It's hard for me to write about) I see clear today that it was twice as big as a grown man, it had arms with hands which had large claws and so it was quite gray and black. Its face looked like a bat but more pointed and great wings. It sat in the tree with bent knees and bent forward. While I was shock and must have been scared, it jumped into the other trees slowly and with wings half out, and it was obvious that it was much bigger than me. I think in a small jump, it jumped more than 10 meters above to the other trees. And since this creature landed in another tree, I could suddenly touch myself and I was very scared, it all took probably about 2 minutes (but is difficult to judge in such a strange scary situation) I scream my friend's name and I scream and scream. I could see he was waiting for me far down the road. I shouted that he should drive fast away, run run run I shouted at him and he was driving ahead of me. We was driving probably around 60 km / h both and suddenly there came a big black shadow above me, it goes very fast and I see this Gargoyle again comes right above me, I could feel the air pressure from it, I see it turns hes head at same time while it flies where it looks me straight in the eyes again and then disappear over the fields very fast, it flies in the direction east. I stopped my scooter and my friend who was driving in front of me came back to me. I yelled at him and he said that he glimpsed something that came flying, it was looking strange. He saw it fly away i know. I told him what had just happened and he was scared. He never really told me what he saw, but I know that he also saw it. He's scared I think. I know a psychologist private and talked to him about it, he's a good friend to me privately. And after what he has assessed I have not seen visions or had it bad just before I saw this creature. But he believes that they might exist in reality but they do not show themselfs to humans and maby they are just few in the world. By accident, the straying even so much that we get the opportunity to see it, but it is their bad luck. The odd thing about my experience is that I do not believe in their existence in reality, but I know and I am sure and without a doubt that I saw one in reality. I am going to process this experience five years after I saw it. Because I have repressed it. And such a reaction i have, it is not a visions I have seen. I wonder sometimes if it was a man-made creature I saw, which was perhaps escaped from a laboratory (perhaps a genetically engineered creature or a military experiment) I just know it was a gargoyle and I saw it entirely in reality .. .. I'm not comfortable with it but I have to learn to live with this terrifying experience.

Edited by libstaK
personal info
  • Like 1

Hi Bjarkim,

A warm welcome to UM. I have removed your email details for these public posts for your own privacy. If you wish to discuss this with MoonlightMadness you can use our Personal Messenger system and also leave your email details directly with MoonlightMadness if that is your wish outside of public view in that manner. Simply click on the Member's name and you will be able to visit their profile, from there you will see an option to send a personal message.

Please be aware however that MoonlightMadness was last online in October 2012 and may not be active.

• 3 months later...

I believe he did see something sometimes the unknown reveals it self to certain individuals. For what reason that is dont have and answer. I for myself I have seen things and try to tell someone what I saw. People consider that you are crazy or you really didn't see it. I leave you with this you can't see the air but you know its there. Almost like faith. Real talk......

No...no not all that real of talk.

We don't need faith for air, we breathe it, we can feel it, we can hear it, we can smell it, and we can see the effects of it.

As for this thread at large

I loved the 90's Disney series too, but its ridiculous to think Gargoyles are anything more than statues on buildings

>sigh< facepalm