Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Get $100,000.00 all you have to do is....

Virtual Particle

I am upping the amount from $1000 to ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($100,000) for proof that Randi's psychic challenge is a valid offer. Since my challenge was made July 17th, 2007, NO ONE has succe...

I feel our resident non-believers should be running not walking to respond in the afirmative that they have won the challenge.

In actuality my personal opinion is that the above is unrealistic :o and shocked you should be.... as we should all endeavor to suport our resident skeptics in whatever endeavours they wish to prove to the world. Each of you, should be saying, Juan you are wrong, all our resident skrptics are men and women, prpared for any challenge. And knowing, such a challenge exist will generate in them a will, that defines why we deal with them at UM.

You would say to me.... Our resident skeptics are made of tougher stuff, you Juan, have simply not been here long enough to understand the kind of metal that our resident skeptics are made of.....

And finally I would say Ok if you feel you are correct they will accept the challenge and we shall all see what in fact is real :mellow:

Please do not accept all the above in Jest. In reality, the offer of $100,000.00 in cash to whomever can prove Randis Challenge to mystics is legit, is legit.

So…..

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

American Rhetoric: Movie Speech

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• The One Who Is

• drakonwick

• HerNibs

How would we go about verifying that there is indeed $100,000 on the table? I got a little tired of listening to the riffing on the youtube link.

How would we go about verifying that there is indeed $100,000 on the table? I got a little tired of listening to the riffing on the youtube link.

The way the rules and regulations sounded to me, there is no way anyone can qualify to win the "reward".

Regards,

Karlis

The way the rules and regulations sounded to me, there is no way anyone can qualify to win the "reward".

Regards,

Karlis

You would have to jump through a few hoops, but it is possible. It sounds hard because the guys is essentially using a set of standards designed for phenomena and transferring them to a legal document. He does it to make it sound fair, but fails at trying to fool people into thinking that testing the legal validity of a contest is the same as testing the physical effects of psychic phenomenon.

:rolleyes:

Triad, rather than just complaining about the Randi challenge, TAKE IT.

Document everything and then give evidence that he is a fraud.

Stop complaining and put your "evidence" where your mouth is.

Nibs

I'm offering $1,000,000 to anyone who can prove I really like sushi.

Ok. I'll try. :P

First step -

Moonie2012 - do you like sushi?

Nibs

Do you like rice?

Is this for $1,000,000 US Earth dollars?

<_<

Nibs

Ok. I'll try. :P

First step -

Moonie2012 - do you like sushi?

Nibs

Well, if I told you that it wouldn't be a challenge now, would it?

:) Well, worth a shot.

Nibs

Moonies point is even if he said yes that still would not be proof.

Moonies point is even if he said yes that still would not be proof.

:) I was just being silly with Moonie waiting for Triad's answer as to why he doesn't just make an attempt for the million and then he can prove it is a fraud.

Nibs

Triad it would be more challenging if you present us some proof to Randi's legit demand....UI would prefer that anyway

Thanks

B???

From the YouTube link -

I am upping the amount from $1000 to ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($100,000) for proof that Randi's psychic challenge is a valid offer. Since my challenge was made July 17th, 2007, NO ONE has successfully managed to submit real proof that James Randi's One Million dollar "Psychic Challenge" is a valid offer. What I did receive, according to famous NY magician and Randi protege Scott Interrante, was an offer of $10,000 from Randi, to be held by my attorneys, to shut up and remove this video from Youtube. After I refused, Randi announced he was ending the Challenge. Sorry. The facts are the facts. Randi's challenge was bogus all along, a cheap publicity stunt to get attention. If you think different, then take the Skeptic Challenge! Rules are just like Randi's. Accompanied with Caveman translation, so even the most skeptical can understand and apply.

Are you stating that Randi offered you $10,000 to drop your challenge?

That you called to verify that the money existed and that would be turned over if the proper protocols were met?

Oh and - JREF FAQ

3.1 I heard the prize money doesn’t really exist and that it’s all just a scam.

The short answer: The money is real.

The medium-length answer: The money is held in the form of immediately negotiable bonds held by Goldman Sachs, a highly respected investment firm. Anyone can verify that the money exists by requesting the information in writing from the JREF. They will in turn forward you the most recent account statement from Goldman Sachs.

The long answer: The JREF is a 'tax exempt' organization, so they are required by law to have a level of financial transparency. That means that the public can request things like an annual report and copies of JREF's 990 (the tax return non-profits file). Go to http://tfcny.fdncenter.org/990s/990search/esearch.php (search for Randi, 2005 is here.) to look up JREF's 990. Contained within these types of documents is enough information to verify that the organization does indeed have special assets in a reserved account to cover the prize, should it ever be won. The contract between the claimant and JREF is binding enough that the JREF must pay the prize if someone wins it. This is a published, legal obligation, not just a casual offer. We have no choice in the matter. As a savvy applicant, all you need to do is verify that the organization has the funds to cover the prize. Also, if JREF were not able to hold up its end of the bargain, the IRS would investigate and pull the JREF's tax exempt status. It would mean severe penalties for the JREF, and Randi himself would also be personally liable and subject to potential incarceration. Rest assured: The money is there.

Long answer, continued: The JREF prize fund is maintained in a way that is similar to an endowment fund. Non-profits often create reserves of assets called endowments to build up enough money to take care of the organization in the case of bad financial times, or to save up money for a project down the road, like building a new facility or starting a large new program that would require a lot of capital. Endowment funds are held in a separate Goldman Sachs account designated, "James Randi Educational Foundation Prize Account." This prevents the JREF from accidentally spending the prize money. It is never a good idea to just let large sums of money sit in a savings account for years and years, so most non-profits invest their endowment funds. The way they invest it is really not important. JREF invests in bonds, which is fine. If a claimant wins the prize, it must be awarded within ten days, as per the Challenge rules and the legally binding contract entered into when the application was signed.

I know you are going to ask, "What if the bonds cannot be easily liquidated?" If the JREF did not pay a winning claimant in a reasonable amount of time, we would be open to a lawsuit for breach of contract. The claimant will be paid. The JREF states that the funds are held in immediately negotiable bonds so that a claimant can feel at ease about the ability of the JREF to pay. The fact that the JREF will do so is going above and beyond the requirements of the law and the generally accepted practices of good, responsible non-profits. It is an enormous act of good faith on JREF's part. The million dollars exist. Arguments to the contrary are utterly pointless, and they will not be entertained by the JREF.

You are stating that none of this is true?

I'm not sure if you are stating that the money doesn't exist or the challenge isn't fair.

Nibs

:rolleyes:

Triad, rather than just complaining about the Randi challenge, TAKE IT.

Document everything and then give evidence that he is a fraud.

Stop complaining and put your "evidence" where your mouth is.

Nibs

Nibs pretty much says it all.

The reason the psychic crowd does not like Randi is because he does not let them slide on the ambiguities used on their "victims". Randi consistently shows their claims are dubious using nothing more than real science. Paranormal types shy away from real science the way Dracula shrinks from a crucifix. Anyone claiming that Randi is a fraud need only show flaws in his scientific method. I hear snide little pop-off like that all the time. There is no need to put money on the table - show me the science.

Edited by sinewave

All you have to do it prove Randi is legit and that he is not commuting fraud and if you truly believe that this is the case, I see no problem with giving it a try...What could honestly go wrong if in fact as you claim you are correct??? $100,000 is nothing to ignore, with that kind of money one could considerably improve your lives and as such, I fail to see the point suggesting otherwise.

Herb nibs this man will give you $100,000.00 all you have to do is prove Randi is correct...sounds like something worth the effort if in fact Randi (as you state) is not committing fraud. I mean you want to claim there is some kind of catch, why do you not first try it and get back to us????

Any thoughts??

I'm curious. What exactly would you accept as proof that Randi is not committing a fraud?

I'm curious. What exactly would you accept as proof that Randi is not committing a fraud?

Someone wining $100,000.00 would go a long way to proving he is not....

Any thoughts?

Someone wining $100,000.00 would go a long way to proving he is not....

Any thoughts?

...Aren't we supposed to win by showing he's not a fraud? :unsure2:

...Aren't we supposed to win by showing he's not a fraud? :unsure2:

In wining the 100,000.00 one has to prove he is correct if in fact that is possible???

Personally I feel he is a fraud...

Any thoughts?

In wining the 100,000.00 one has to prove he is correct if in fact that is possible???

Personally I feel he is a fraud...

Any thoughts?

I want to know what you would accept as proof he's legit, though.

I want to know what you would accept as proof he's legit, though.

I would accept a check made out to the person who has proven Randi is legitimate in the amount of $100,000.00.

Any thoughts?

I would accept a check made out to the person who has proven Randi is legitimate in the amount of $100,000.00.

Any thoughts?

So I have to give you $100,000.00 to prove he's legit, so you can give it back to me? :wacko:

Meh, there has to be some kind of communications breakdown here.

If I were to try to prove that Randi's legitimate, what would you want me to bring back to you as said proof?

So I have to give you $100,000.00 to prove he's legit, so you can give it back to me? :wacko:

Meh, there has to be some kind of communications breakdown here.

If I were to try to prove that Randi's legitimate, what would you want me to bring back to you as said proof?

Meh it is a load of nonsense, he asking for proof the offer is valid. Well it is irrelevant if no one can evidence paranormal anyway.