Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Get $100,000.00 all you have to do is....

Virtual Particle

Meh it is a load of nonsense, he asking for proof the offer is valid. Well it is irrelevant if no one can evidence paranormal anyway.

Well, not necessarily, maybe he'd take a legal contract.

But yeah, asking skeptics to prove Randi is legit by getting him to pay them the million is rather off-the-wall. Most skeptics don't have psychic abilities. :lol:

I'm trying to determine if he'd accept anything other than an actual awarding of the money as proof.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• The One Who Is

• drakonwick

• HerNibs

So I have to give you $100,000.00 to prove he's legit, so you can give it back to me? :wacko:

Meh, there has to be some kind of communications breakdown here.

If I were to try to prove that Randi's legitimate, what would you want me to bring back to you as said proof?

You know someone would have to be self -centered to believe they actually have to give up $100,000.00. Obviously, one has to prove Randi is not absolutely legit to get the money.

Not being able to do so, does not only prove Randi’s a fraud but is also proves skeptics, in relation to the

Paranormal, do not have a clue.

Any thoughts?

You know someone would have to be self -centered to believe they actually have to give up $100,000.00.

That's what you told me. :lol:

But as I said, I think it was a miscommunication.

Obviously, one has to prove Randiis not absolutely legit to get the money.

Wait, you want proof he's not legit?

Not being able to do so, does not only prove Randi's a fraud

Paranormal, do not have a clue.

...And inability to prove he's not legit somehow proves he's not legit?

My head is killing me now.

but is also proves skeptics, in relation tothe Paranormal, do not have a clue.

Any thoughts?

Yes.

I believe I know what you're asking for here, correct me if I'm wrong, it's difficult deciphering your grammar at times.

You want skeptics to prove Randi is legit by winning his paranormal challenge. However, needless to say this will never happen, since skeptics tend not to have psychic abilities to demonstrate. Therefore your challenge is the one that is rigged.

Any thoughts?

Excuse me but if you want to prove Randi is Legit, pick yourself up $100,000.00 from a source that will pay you based upon your evidence and your will prove it.

Otherwise.... :wacko:

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

What kind of evidence would you accept? I know what you're offering by now.

Excuse me but if you want to prove Randi is Legit, pick yourself up $100,000.00 from a source that will pay you based upon your evidence and your will prove it.

Otherwise.... :wacko:

Any thoughts?

And how do we prove he is legit in his offer?

It is meaningless junk. Instead of trying to back up claims it is petty idiocy to deflect from the lack of evidence.

And how do we prove he is legit in his offer?

It is meaningless junk. Instead of trying to back up claims it is petty idiocy to deflect from the lack of evidence.

The meaningless junk, is that your opinion, of this? It is not related to a feeling, you have in your big toe (which at this point is clearly one ugly M----------)?? If you want evidence Mattshark go to the source, stop pretending the world is against you...

I am asking you to back up your claims is that hard to do??????

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

The meaningless junk, is that your opinion, of this, is not related to a feeling you have in your big toe (which at this point is clearly one ugly M----------)?? If you want evidence Mattshark go to the source, stop pretending the world is against you...

Any thoughts?

Yes that is my opinion of the video. Instead he should go out and find some scientifically verifiable evidence. Is that so hard? If it is real it should not be. So why has this not been done?

Saying go to the source is meaningless Triad. You claims about indigenous cultures do nothing to argue for you your claims, especially as you claim to have these abilities yourself. As I said I am living in my indigenous culture and I have yet to see any evidence of these claims.

Triad you are in your 50's stop throwing insults around and grow up a little.

You won't tell us what you'll accept as evidence he's legit. So yes. We do already have evidence, like the open invitation for people to demonstrate their abilities, but you obviously won't accept that.

What further evidence do you require? [Also, Randi definitely has the money. Do you?]

You won't tell us what you'll accept as evidence he's legit. So yes. We do already have evidence, like the open invitation for people to demonstrate their abilities, but you obviously won't accept that.

What further evidence do you require? [Also, Randi definitely has the money. Do you?]

Your error is in suggesting I am the one making the offer. Perhaps you should actually go through the trouble to talking to the person making the offer??? Randi is a joke as far as I am concerned; do not need any proof of that. You seem to need proof so in fact an offer exists which presents $100,000.00 if you can prove that Randi is not in fact a fraud.

Seems perfectly appropriate as not since 2007 has such claim been proven....as is in fact, to the best of my knowledge the proper response....

The paranormal exist, in my opinion, until Randi is proven legit....

Any thoughts?

Your error is in suggesting I am the one making the offer. Perhaps you should actually go through the trouble to talking to the person making the offer??? Randi is a joke as far as I am concerned; do not need any proof of that. You seem to need proof so in fact an offer exists which presents $100,000.00 if you can prove that Randi is not in fact a fraud.

Seems perfectly appropriate as not since 2007 has such claim been proven....as is in fact, to the best of my knowledge the proper response....

Any thoughts?

That is not a logical argument though, Randi being legitimate will not evidence or discredit paranormal. That requires those who believe it to evidence it.

Your error is in suggesting I am the one making the offer.
I am upping the amount from $1000 to ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS($100,000) for proof that Randi's psychic challenge is a valid offer.

:unsure2:

I don't think it's possible for me to understand you anymore. :ph34r:

That is not a logical argument though, Randi being legitimate will not evidence or discredit paranormal. That requires those who believe it to evidence it.

Randi is a fraud and that does establish the paranormal as valid, as the whole (purpose of Randi's actions) are you trying prove the paranormal is invalid?????

Here is the bottom line Mattshark, prove he is Legit and earn $100,000.00 what could be much simpler.

Nothing to be afraid of Mattshark, in relation to ascertaining the facts and under the circumstances, given that Randi is for real, you should be able to prove he is correct in a heartbeat....What is the problem Mattshark????????

Someone wining $100,000.00 would go a long way to proving he is not....

Any thoughts?

So let me see if I understand this. Randi will be proven legit (in your mind) if someone wins the $1M prize. Most reasonable people would assume that if no one shoulders the burden of proof the claims of psychic abilities become less likely to be true. Not you, however. You break with the pack at that point and strike out in a bold direction. You claim that failure to prove the existence of the paranormal is proof that Randi is a fraud. The failure of the participants is Randi's doing and not at all because the participants have no psychic abilities. That, my friend is an astoundingly perverse twisting of logic.

Edited by sinewave

So let me see if I understand this. Randi will be proven legit (in your mind) if someone wins the $1M prize. Most reasonable people would assume that if no one shoulders the burden of proof the claims of psychic abilities become less likely to be true. Not you, however. You break with the pack at that point and strike out in a bold direction. You claim that failure to prove the existence of the paranormal is proof that Randi is a fraud. The failure of the participants is Randi's doing and not at all because the participants have no psychic abilities. That, my friend is an astoundingly perverse twisting of logic.

Fantasies are interesting but in this example that is not the case....Prove Randi is legit and earn $100,000.00 is that hard to understand, I mean I explained this to a three year old and she understood, what is your problem???

Any thoughts?

Fantasies are interesting but in this example that is not the case....Prove Randi is legit and earn $100,000.00 is that hard to understand, I mean I explained this to a three year old and she understood, what is your problem???

Any thoughts?

It is easy to say he is a fraud. Back it up! Where is your proof?

Edited by sinewave

Hmmm, How can this Randi guy not be legit? From what I have read about his challenge (from his own site) any test has to be agreed upon by both parties. In case that doesn't make sense, that means it has to be agreed on by the "applicant" as well as the JREF. I don't see how it could be anything other than legit. I can see maybe how someone could be forced to back out because they couldn't agree on a fair test, but the "applicant" shouldn't have full say in what the test is, regardless of fairness. From what I understand, the JREF wants scientifically measured and documented proof of the paranormal which means that any applicant will be subject to scientific methodology. If a paranormal "skill" can't stand up to scientific scrutiny then it can't be proven scientifically, period. I see no fraudulent undertakings here, just an honest attempt to nudge the psychics and TKers and what not into giving us some actual proof.

Randi is already "proven legit" because his approach is from the scientific field of accepted empirical reality we all share, therefore anything that appears, anyone that wins his prize money, will prove him wrong, not necessarily illegitimate - but so far none have done so, which leaves him remaining legit and correct.

If psychic or paranormal things were proven scientific facts then they would no longer be classed as paranormal - so paranormal NOT PROVEN. Randi wins either way its like saying heads I win, tails you lose.

Any thoughts?

I said it before, if you believe Randi is a fraud and you say you have "powers", YOU take the challenge. IF you aren't the fraud it shouldn't take much of an effort for you to become the hero of the day.

That video you posted? Yeah. It's stupid and libelous. It claims on the sidebar that he was offered a bribe to remove the video by Randi. Doubt it. But just for fun I forwarded it to the JREF. Being that the JREF deals with a great many lunatic claims they will probably ignore him but I thought they should be aware of the bribe claim bs.

Now, to your statements.

1. EXACTLY what makes the JREF challenge fraudulent? The money has been verified which I see you are ignoring. The challenge it self is set up by the claimant. THEY have to set the terms of the challenge. The JREF only makes sure that no shenanigans can happen.

2. Why haven't YOU claimed the money "proving" the JREF is a fraud?

3. You clearly don't or won't understand the challenge parameters. Your claims of local customs and indigenous cultures needing to be understood is also silliness. Very rarely does Randi himself show up for any of these initial challenges. The challenge is set up by the Claimant who is very aware of his own freaking "indigenous culture".

4. You really need to join the JREF forums and read up on the challengers and the discussions regarding the challenge parameters. It would help you understand a bit more.

I'm sure that, as usual, you will ignore any reasoning and just spout your insults and backwards "science". Science and reality doesn't work as you describe "it exists until proven otherwise". It makes having a valid discussion with you very confusing and tedious. So, on that note, I will just watch to see if you will actually answer any of the questions posed to you here.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Any thoughts?

Nibs

i dont get it, i just read what the challenge is, but i dont really see how anything can not be proved in a scientific manner it just depends on what you want to think about it, like they can take those guys to a haunted house, and they can wittness a ghost walking across the room and explain it as something made up in the mind, that everyones conscious thoughts made the object appear in the mind and wasnt really there, but rather some sort of group thought that made it happen , i cant remember the stories or the actual terms used, but critics did try to use those reasons to explain why people seen a ghost a few times ive read

I said it before, if you believe Randi is a fraud and you say you have "powers", YOU take the challenge. IF you aren't the fraud it shouldn't take much of an effort for you to become the hero of the day.

That video you posted? Yeah. It's stupid and libelous. It claims on the sidebar that he was offered a bribe to remove the video by Randi. Doubt it. But just for fun I forwarded it to the JREF. Being that the JREF deals with a great many lunatic claims they will probably ignore him but I thought they should be aware of the bribe claim bs.

Now, to your statements.

1. EXACTLY what makes the JREF challenge fraudulent? The money has been verified which I see you are ignoring. The challenge it self is set up by the claimant. THEY have to set the terms of the challenge. The JREF only makes sure that no shenanigans can happen.

2. Why haven't YOU claimed the money "proving" the JREF is a fraud?

3. You clearly don't or won't understand the challenge parameters. Your claims of local customs and indigenous cultures needing to be understood is also silliness. Very rarely does Randi himself show up for any of these initial challenges. The challenge is set up by the Claimant who is very aware of his own freaking "indigenous culture".

4. You really need to join the JREF forums and read up on the challengers and the discussions regarding the challenge parameters. It would help you understand a bit more.

I'm sure that, as usual, you will ignore any reasoning and just spout your insults and backwards "science". Science and reality doesn't work as you describe "it exists until proven otherwise". It makes having a valid discussion with you very confusing and tedious. So, on that note, I will just watch to see if you will actually answer any of the questions posed to you here.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Any thoughts?

Nibs

Herb nibs you an I get along that is why I decided to pick on you :yes: Money is money and clearly if you get this money you will prove your point...that is my point and take into consideration the fact that it is possible that many in our membership could be very intelligent minors :yes:. The cold hard facts are the Dean Radin has stated that for every response conservative scientist present, liberal scientist present otherwise. Where exactly is the point is excluding the very point with respect to the subject....Prove Randi is wrong get $1,000,000.00 prove he is legit and get $100,000.00 what else does one need to adress??

Obviously if one wanted a place to live for ones loved ones, the decision is simple.....correct that, what is simple is a matter of perspective. :yes:

Any thoughts?

Triad: How about actually answering a question once in a while? Are you just trolling or do you have a fixed system of beliefs?

Triad: How about actually answering a question once in a while? Are you just trolling or do you have a fixed system of beliefs?

Sine wave I feel you have to be joking :yes: prove Randi is not a jerk and get $100,000.00 this is not a fantasy this is reality. It is a matter of common sense, as people who come to this forum to discuss there experiences are often virgins (in the sense they are simply unawares of the issues on the internet regarding this topic).

So since you guys feel you have all the answers make some money proving it....

You have not a clue as to the probems you will encounter making such a argument with a professionals who is aware of the truth...consider this practice in relation to dealing with me :yes:

Any thoughts?

PS: The offer is not a joke that is true.....I would really like to see your evidence that the paranormal is false and this is the best way for you to estabish that on the internet...

Any, any thoughts??????

Edited by Triad