Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McDonald's Filet-O-Fish: The Ugly Truth

IronGhost

McDonald's in Australia really isn't that bad at all. The worst i've ever had happen is that it was a little cold... that's it

the worst ive had was a little too salty, and at 1 time they got the order wrong :wacko:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronGhost

• Irish

• Lord Umbarger

• itsnotoutthere

It was at least 10 or 12 years ago i eat something from McDonalds, really, the last time it make me sick. For burgers i prefer to make my own, or eat in a restaurant. It is cheaper, at least here in Argentina.

It's pretty cheap here, even more so with their dollar menu. Granted most of my burgers I make myself because it is cheaper, some days I'm just lazy or don't have all the materials for a good burger on hand but there's the golden arches of America ready and willing to make my life easier :lol:

the worst ive had was a little too salty, and at 1 time they got the order wrong :wacko:

A little too salty?

Filet-O-Fish - Sodium 640mg 27%

Angus Deluxe - Sodium 1760mg 73%

Cheeseburger - Sodium 750mg 31%

Med. Fries - Sodium 270mg 11%

Source

Plenty of salt in there even if you can't taste it. :P

I got the wrong order last week, chewed out that poor kid working for it to. Nobody is going to screw me out of bacon on my angus burger :P

A little too salty?

Filet-O-Fish - Sodium 640mg 27%

Angus Deluxe - Sodium 1760mg 73%

Cheeseburger - Sodium 750mg 31%

Med. Fries - Sodium 270mg 11%

Source

Plenty of salt in there even if you can't taste it. :P

a 'little' too salty in mcdonalds is when you can really taste the salt :(

I got the wrong order last week, chewed out that poor kid working for it to. Nobody is going to screw me out of bacon on my angus burger :P

stick it to the monkeys with the IQ of 70 who work there :P

You'd couldn't pay me to enter a McDonalds.

Always makes me laugh when they refer to themselves as a restaurant. Any place where you pay for the food before you've eaten it isn't a restaurant, it's a fast food outlet.

then that must mean that buffets are fast food. since most of them you pay first.

I'm going to phone up McDonalds and complain! :angry2:

"Hi, yeah..is this McDonalds? yeah..

you do realize Fillet O'fish is affecting global fish stocks. It's absolutely disgusting!, oh and er btw, one of your female staff is stealing from the till.."

Edited by Bill Hill

One thing I would add to your suggestions is ... Insect Protien! Yes, why not?
You may well be on to something there. I mean, the FDA allows a certain number of pounds of insect in every ton of meat anyway. WE've been eating small amounts of bug for eaars now and nobody seems to notice. Besides, it's just protein.
By the time McDonald's get done processing the hoki to create a filet-O-fish, it's could be pretty much anything anyway -- I bet you could mash up a pile of insects, put them through some kind of blender or processor, then deep fry it in yummy oil -- and voila! -- you would have a nice burger with a golden crust, and it would be 90% insect stuff -- and everyone would love itI bet if you topped an insect burger with some imitation bacon made out of processed seaweed and articfical flavoring, slathered it with cheese and smothered it with ketchup, Kratos would order three at a time and chow them down, and order a couple for the road...

In all truth, if people didn't know it, there would be a run on McD's for the all new "Protein Burger". And like you said, it's all in how it's presented.
You could capture the insects mechanically -- set up some kind of vacuum devices that would suck in insects all day, run them through a kind of internal compactor to make nice little insect protien cakes, which would later by processed into Filet-O-Grasshopper or something ...
It DOES sound bad but, then again, like I said before, if you didn't know any different, you wouldn't care. There are lots of cultures that consume insects every day and they seem to get the basics of what they need.

The biggest problem with it though would be trying to convince any fast food place to up their standards to insect. I mean, look at what they DO serve and do a little personal comparison. It can't be a step backwards!

then that must mean that buffets are fast food. since most of them you pay first.

yup, it's not cooked to order specifically for you is it.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

yup, it's not cooked to order specifically for you is it.

Burger King used to claim that they did it YOUR way and that you got it YOUR way at their stores... then, when i thought about it, if they do it MY way, hell, I'm not going to eat there anymore! Have you seen my kitchen? LOL!